Yummy low cal dip (I think?)

sassycass
sassycass Posts: 18 Member
edited November 2023 in Food and Nutrition
So last night I made this dip using Fat Free Cottage Cheese and HVR dry mix. I think? this is low cal, but I thought I'd check with you all first.

The cottage cheese is 80 calories, 0 fat, 3 carbs, 14 g protein for a 1/2 cup serving. (I mixed the entire container, though) I used a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dry mix and the cottage cheese. Put it in the food processor and blended until it "looks" like dip consistency. My kid & I love this dip with celery and my littlest one makes cucumber sandwiches with it.

I tossed the package without looking at the calories and can't find it online...do any of you know the calories for a dry packet of seasoning.

Replies

• sassycass
    So last night I made this dip using Fat Free Cottage Cheese and HVR dry mix. I think? this is low cal, but I thought I'd check with you all first.

The cottage cheese is 80 calories, 0 fat, 3 carbs, 14 g protein for a 1/2 cup serving. (I mixed the entire container, though) I used a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dry mix and the cottage cheese. Put it in the food processor and blended until it "looks" like dip consistency. My kid & I love this dip with celery and my littlest one makes cucumber sandwiches with it.

I tossed the package without looking at the calories and can't find it online...do any of you know the calories for a dry packet of seasoning.
  • sassycass
    Sorry, I think I should have posted this in recipes. I'm not sure how to delete my post?
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    You can't delete it yourself but I'm sure Mike can so no worries =)

I did find something but not sure if it's the correct one but here it is Ms. Sassy =)

Hidden Valley®
    Original Ranch Dip
    dry mix (without sour cream)
    Nutrition Facts

serving size 2 tbs
    calories: 5
    total fat 0
    saturated fat 0
    trans fat 0
    poly fat 0
    mono fat 0
    cholesterol 0
    sodium 210
    carbs 1
    sugars 0
    protein 0
  • sassycass
    Thanks skinnerme!

It is low cal, then, huh? The texture is different, but myself (and my girls) got used to it pretty quickly. Alot less cals than regular dip/or using sour cream.
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Very low in calories so munch on!! =)
  • How much cottage cheese did you use? I need to try that
This discussion has been closed.