Start Here: Group Rules + Welcome & Introductions

deskjockey925
deskjockey925 Posts: 5,661 Member
Hello and welcome to this month’s edition of the Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC).
zpzkhe8x0txp.png

❓New here? Click the spoiler to learn how this group works. (Rules and other info.)
As a UAC member, you will:
  • Be accountable to yourself in your own health journey.
  • Post every day in that day's check-in thread. Look for the check-in threads on the Ultimate Accountability group page: scroll down past the ANNOUNCEMENTS threads until you see DISCUSSIONS. When you check in for the day, please state whether you followed each of the three daily rules below; and include your tally of pass days for the month. (Scroll down to learn about pass days.)
  • Be honest with your check-ins. If you cheat, you are only hurting yourself. Our group exists not to police each other, but to provide a friendly environment for learning, self-improvement, and mutual support <3

The 3 daily rules:
  1. EXERCISE EVERY DAY FOR AT LEAST 20 MINUTES. We define exercise as an intentional and planned choice to be active beyond your "run of the mill" day to day activities. This can be chair yoga, physiotherapy, running, swimming, aerobics, weight-lifting, dancing, vacuuming, washing windows, or anything else that gets your body moving beyond your general daily movement. You can do a mix of activities, and you do not have to do all 20 minutes at once.
  2. CONSUME ONLY YOUR BUDGETED CALORIES. Set your own personal calorie goal for the day, and don't exceed it. (Yes you may "eat back exercise calories" if you wish.) Any day that you went over what you planned, it is considered a pass day. We are happy to help if you would like help figuring out how to set a calorie goal for yourself.
  3. TRACK ALL THE CALORIES YOU EAT AND DRINK. How you choose to track is up to you: you may use a paper tracker or journal, MyFitnessPal, another app/website, or any other (online or offline) tool that works for you. And, you guessed it: anytime you skip a day, for any reason, it is a pass day. Please note: Some folks fret about finding an "exact" match on their tracker. We encourage you to find the best possible match and if in doubt about a meal or snack when dining out, overestimate.
Rule #4:
Each member is expected to report in within three days of each check-in day. This is to help us build helpful new habits through daily consistency. You may check in later if needed, but this counts as a pass day. If you do need to check in late, you are free to post a combined check-in to catch up.

What's a pass day?
Whenever you do not observe all 4 UAC rules, any day, for any reason, that day is considered a pass day. Pass days can happen due to injury/illness, emotional eating, lack of planning, family issues, busy schedule, forgetfulness, vacations/celebrations, hormone fluctuations, "didn't feel up to it," or a myriad of other reasons. We will never judge anyone for taking a pass day: they exist as a tool for you to keep track, and learn where you can improve.

🏆 The UAC celebrates its Winners every month!
A Winner is a member who had 3 or fewer pass days during the previous month. This is a noble and fun goal to strive for, but please know that Winner status is NOT necessary for you to meet your health goals. We also celebrate our Champions, who exceeded their monthly pass day limit but continued to check in every day of the month. And last but not least, even if you find yourself struggling, as long as you are here we consider you a Learner, and that is your first step to a better future! So always count those pass days, always aim to improve, and -- most importantly -- keep coming back every day.

👋😁 To all new and returning members:
We are happy to have you with us! We invite you to introduce yourself below. Please feel free to include as much information as you feel comfortable sharing about yourself. We look forward to getting to know you a little better. Any questions, please ask any group member. We hope you enjoy your time here.

❓ Quick hints to help you navigate the group:
  • Please do NOT open any threads in the Discussion area: they will be deleted. Discussions are set up as one post per day of the month. If you have questions please ask in the daily thread, or in the What's on your mind today? thread.
  • Click the little flag icon in the top right corner of any thread that interests you. When the flag is blue, you will receive a notification anytime someone posts to the thread. To unsubscribe, simply click the flag again to turn it white.
  • You can use the "Quote" function at the bottom of every post in this group, to copy what someone previously wrote and then respond to it.
  • If you would like to respond directly to what another group member wrote, add an @ right in front of their username, like so: @username (This will tag the person you are responding to, and they will receive a notification.)
  • In order to see whether someone has tagged you, click/tap the bell in the top right hand corner of your screen, and check your notifications. If you are using the app, first access Community mode, then tap your avatar in the top right corner, then tap the bell. (You must have notifications turned on.)
Privacy Note: This challenge group is open for public viewing until the end of day on the 6th of the month when it is set to "private". From that point forward, and for all time, all the postings made in that month become private and are only accessible to individuals who were registered as members of that month.

Replies

• nansbones7708
    nansbones7708 Posts: 400 Member
    Read and understood
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,990 Member
    Awesome group of people we keep each other focused and motivated
  • takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 2,615 Member
    edited September 26
    Everyone please help me welcome our newest members: @erockville77 @kbarrett0731 @leyjennifer04 @mcgm139 @dawnprete @sarahfit40 @MartinSeville @JessicaBensonmfp @chaniyahlolo @lospang1442 @1rnprn

We are happy to have you here with us, please take a look around the group and introduce yourselves if you'd like. Our check-in thread for October 1 will be over here :)
  • travlnwoman1
    travlnwoman1 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm looking forward to trying this group out. I love how easy the rules are to understand.
  • deskjockey925
    deskjockey925 Posts: 5,661 Member
    Welcome @travlnwoman1 ... Glad you found us and looking forward to October !!

Hi Everyone! Thank you for joining the UAC this month .. Glad you found us <3
    I'm Diane. Looking forward to another month with the support of the UAC Team!

Although my weight loss is moving very slowly, I am focusing on maximizing my Cardio and ST Routines and eating whole foods.

A little about me ... I am married 37 years to Alan. We have 1 daughter, son-in-law and grandson who live not too far away and we are able to see them frequently. One dog Freddy and 2 cats Marie & Susie. We live in a fairly rural area (mostly beaches and farms) and I work largely from home as an IT Project Manager. I’m planning to retire by the end of next year.

Wishing you all a very successful month!
  • cmoak54
    cmoak54 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Hello UAC members🤗
    I am Clare (cmoak54). I have been a member of MFP for over two years now and was a member back in 2007-2010 when I lost 125 pounds. I came back after regaining 70 pounds because tracking what I eat has proven to be the best weight loss method for me.
    I am 70 years old and retired from a Quality Manager position for an automotive company where I worked for 45 years. I have been married for 51 years to Jeff and have 3 children and 7 grandkids all who live within 3 miles of our home, all living on family land passed down for 5 generations of my husband's family. We live in a very rural area in Northeastern Wisconsin (farms and a very touristy lake district, the closest town is 5 miles from us and only has 930 people). I do not have any pets, we have had many throughout the years, but after our last dog died in 2006 and we built a new home we decided no more pets.
    My current journey started in late 2022 after my Dr put me on Ozempic to control my diabetes. After 3 months of being constantly sick and losing about 17 pounds, I ended up having an emergency surgery to have my gallbladder taken out and vowed to stop taking medications and dealing with their side effects! After my surgery in Feb through all of 2023 I lost over 63 pounds and felt wonderful, but I have struggled in 2024 and recently started gaining weight (about 20 pounds). I am determined to refocus and again feel joy in the process of living a healthy life.
    I am T2 diabetic and need to focus on controlling carbs so I follow a diet with carbs under 100 per day. I welcome a kick in the pants from the UAC group if I start whining or start losing my way again. Thank you all in advance.👏👏
  • Kathrynclimbs
    Kathrynclimbs Posts: 81 Member
    Hello 👋

I'm Kat and this is month 3 for me of the UAC - it's been a total game changer for me - two months in and I've lost steadily and I think another month or two and I'll be at my goal weight (approx 5lbs to go)

I live in Scotland with my husband and two young daughters (4 and 2). I'm really active - I love to climb, run, swim, cycle and do yoga and more. I've a history of having a bad relationship with food - restricting to binging and back again. This group and finding consistency with tracking has really helped!

gahdrv7a0x7f.png