green tea

I am looking for a green tea. I have been buying tea bags, and it is just OK. I went to sushi the other night and had the best green tea. They didn't know what kind it was.
Do you use loose leaf of tea bags. The one at the sushi bar was strong and a little smokey.
Thank you for your time.
Renee

Replies

• icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    I am looking for a green tea. I have been buying tea bags, and it is just OK. I went to sushi the other night and had the best green tea. They didn't know what kind it was.
    Do you use loose leaf of tea bags. The one at the sushi bar was strong and a little smokey.
    Thank you for your time.
    Renee
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    There's a loose green tea you can usually get in an asian supermarket (or a hip "regular" grocery store) that has (I think it's sorghum) what looks like little tiny bits of popcorn in it. I don't really know what it's called (the packaging is all in Japanese on my bag right now). But it tastes a lot like the restaurant tea to me. I make mine in a little french press pot.

Even if it's not the same one, it's really good. A friend of mine (who lived in Japan for a while) says he's heard it called "barley tea", so maybe that would help.
  • Hello I am new to this website. I just started on Monday. I drink green tea on a daily basis. However, I like the lipton green teas (cold) with lemon and honeyI . I find it gives me so much energy for hours! I've just found green tea to be so beneficial. I enjoy hot green teas but am very picky about them.
  • The best green tea I have found is Tazo's Zen. It is "a harmonious blend of green tea with lemongrass and spearmint".
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    thank you all:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Ooh, I love the Republic of Tea: Pomegranate Green. I put a splash of pomegranate/cranberry juice in it to sweeten it. I've like every tea I've tried from that company (all fruit flavored green or whites).