been up since 3:30am

:yawn: Good morning to those who are up!

My youngest daughter woke up this morning vomiting. So, I've been giving baths, doing laundry and cleaning carpets for about 2 1/2 hours now. I attempted to work out but my daughter came down to the basement and vomited again, so I guess no exercise for me until she feels a little better.
It's hard because my day is gonna be so long and I know that I'm going to need to eat a little more. But because I can't exercise, I won't have those extra calories.:sad:

I love this site because there is always someone up!

Thanks for listening!

Replies

• Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    :yawn: Good morning to those who are up!

My youngest daughter woke up this morning vomiting. So, I've been giving baths, doing laundry and cleaning carpets for about 2 1/2 hours now. I attempted to work out but my daughter came down to the basement and vomited again, so I guess no exercise for me until she feels a little better.
    It's hard because my day is gonna be so long and I know that I'm going to need to eat a little more. But because I can't exercise, I won't have those extra calories.:sad:

I love this site because there is always someone up!

Thanks for listening!
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    I hope she feels better soon and that maybe if possible you can sneak in workout or some mini ones in throughout your day!

Take care....
    zen
  • So, I've been giving baths, doing laundry and cleaning carpets for about 2 1/2 hours now. I attempted to work out but my daughter came down to the basement and vomited again, so I guess no exercise for me until she feels a little better.

heya! i'm sure all that extra housework MUST count for something!
    why don't you put in housework calories for 1 hours and see how much it counts for?

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/exercise/tips/housework_workouts.htm
  • Mireille
    Good idea!
    I'll check it out cus I need all the calories I can get.
    She seems to be feeling a little better but she also hasn't eaten yet. That will be the true test.

Thanks ladies!
    Mireille
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Sorry I wasn't up this morning, which is really the first good nights sleep In about 4days.........I really hope your daughter is feeling better. :flowerforyou: If it's the flu, they say it is really bad this year. :sick: Give her hugs for me:heart:
  • So, I've been giving baths, doing laundry and cleaning carpets for about 2 1/2 hours now. I attempted to work out but my daughter came down to the basement and vomited again, so I guess no exercise for me until she feels a little better.

heya! i'm sure all that extra housework MUST count for something!
    why don't you put in housework calories for 1 hours and see how much it counts for?

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/exercise/tips/housework_workouts.htm

here's another way to check calories burned....it has every activity I could ever possibly think of...to include bathing and grooming animals....and I would think kiddos would be included on the list somewhere as well

www.caloriesperhour.com

Hope your daughter feels better.....:flowerforyou:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Wow, that's too funny...not really, but I've been up since 4:00am with my 3 year old daughter. Fisrt she vomitted in her bed, then I gave her a bath and brought her into my bed, then she vomitted there, so again into the bath.........looks like a day of movie watching and laundry for me!!! At least my laundry machines are in the basement so I'll be running up and down the stairs all day!!! Hope your little one feels better soon!
  • Mireille
    Wow, that's too funny...not really, but I've been up since 4:00am with my 3 year old daughter. Fisrt she vomitted in her bed, then I gave her a bath and brought her into my bed, then she vomitted there, so again into the bath.........looks like a day of movie watching and laundry for me!!! At least my laundry machines are in the basement so I'll be running up and down the stairs all day!!! Hope your little one feels better soon!

I feel your pain! My washing machine is in the basement too.
    My daughters is sleeping on the couch right now. She looks like an angel!
    I hope your daughter feels better soon!:flowerforyou:
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    What good Mommys you are...
    I'm so thankful we haven't had to deal with that this season (so far)...

I hope all of your little angels feel better soon and you all get some exercise or the rest day you all deserve!

Angela :flowerforyou: