Hi ... New to the Msg Boards

HI - I'm Laurie. I started using this site after being referred by a co-worker and then finding out that I "hit the right points" on a blood test to say I'm diabetic. I'm here to prove to the doc's they were wrong and to prove to myself that I was right! Anything extra - like weight loss and great recipes are a plus!

I would like to find a way to track the sugars and carbs better, you know fresh fruit sugar is better than processed sugar while complex carbs are better than regular carbs. Just little things that would help a "diabetic" track things a bit better out here.

I love the site - very helpful! I've actually started planning my meals!!!

Replies

• freelyme
    freelyme Posts: 6
    HI - I'm Laurie. I started using this site after being referred by a co-worker and then finding out that I "hit the right points" on a blood test to say I'm diabetic. I'm here to prove to the doc's they were wrong and to prove to myself that I was right! Anything extra - like weight loss and great recipes are a plus!

I would like to find a way to track the sugars and carbs better, you know fresh fruit sugar is better than processed sugar while complex carbs are better than regular carbs. Just little things that would help a "diabetic" track things a bit better out here.

I love the site - very helpful! I've actually started planning my meals!!!
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    077.gif
    WELCOME!!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi Laurie, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :love:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love it here, if you don't already. I love it here. This is a great site. It is very supportive, helpful, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: