HOW DO YOU NOTE SAUNA TIME

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Fill in your daily foods and let people comment on it.
  • tinamina78
    tinamina78 Posts: 241 Member
    [/quote]

"Sorry you are a delicate snowflake, sir. :flowerforyou:"
    [/quote]

ROTFLMBO!! :laugh:
  • patter10
    patter10 Posts: 23 Member
    Fill in your daily foods and let people comment on it.

Good idea.
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Check with the Cooks. They must get their menu's approved by a dietitian before anything can be served to the crew. They should be able to get you in touch with someone.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    this thread is great. OP, you need some thick skin to post online. try and read any and all postings in the nicest tone possible.
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Wow... lot of cattiness on this forum. I had no idea that it didn't help with calorie burning. Thank you all for you nastiness in the effort to better educate me. So sorry for posting my honest question. Stupid me for expecting help.

Call me crazy....but you got help, now didn't you? I suppose you wanted to hear "Oh yeah bro...log it as 1 hour of uphill running"? Or am I missing something here?

OMG!!!!! LOL!!! Sorry - but that was funny!

I don't think anyone meant to be catty - it seemed unusual to log somehting like that as exercise. All cattiness aside - but any activity where you are sitting still and sweating is not going to burn anything except your skin!!!! Trust me - I would be a waif after a summer of sunbathing if that were the case!
  • Lucylaser
    Lucylaser Posts: 94 Member

:star-rainbow: The more you know! :star-rainbow:

:devil:

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Wow... lot of cattiness on this forum. I had no idea that it didn't help with calorie burning. Thank you all for you nastiness in the effort to better educate me. So sorry for posting my honest question. Stupid me for expecting help.

It doesn't help with the calorie burn, but if you still want to make a note of it, you can make a note of it in your food diary? (trying to be helpful. :) )

This was a helpful answer!!

I agree everyone elses answers were kinda catty!!

Our trainers at the gym tell us to sit in the sauna all the time to lose weight!! No you can count it as a "exercise" burning calories but I would def take note of it so you can really tell if its helping in your weight loss journey!!

good luck!
  • patter10
    patter10 Posts: 23 Member
    Check with the Cooks. They must get their menu's approved by a dietitian before anything can be served to the crew. They should be able to get you in touch with someone.
    Man, I'm stuck at a little command in Fort Worth TX. I don't eat in the galley. I hate state side; I'll fight for it, but everyone else can have it. Back to the command; it a NOSC. Yeah I take care of reservist. I'd rather be a recruiter.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    I'd recommend adding carbs to your diary and tracking those. Ditch tracking cholesterol if you need the room - you don't need to worry about that right now. I suspect, based on your diary, that you may be eating too many of the less-than-optimal carbs. Most of your carbs should come from fresh fruits and veggies. Any carbs left over can be whatever you like - bread, potato, etc.

There's a saying - "If it fits your macros" - which means you can eat pretty much whatever you like if you hit your calorie and macro goals (macros are protein, fat, and carbs). Of course, hitting those macros with the most nutritious food possible will inmprove your overall health, but as far as weight loss goes, concentrate on hitting your macro goals every day and the weight should come off.

Good luck!

PS - Retired military here, and I struggled with my weight the whole 20 years, so I feel your pain!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    No medical studies here, but I wear a BodyMedia Fit, which tracks my caloric burn minute by minute throughout the day. And I can resolutely say that I had the same exact calorie burn for the time I spend sitting around in the sauna as I do when in just sitting around on the couch in my living room. And I've checked after every time I've used the sauna. I also drink water and stay hydrated while I'm in there, so I've never even shown a weight difference. I do the sauna for the benefits to my skin and also because they just feel awesome. And I've found that if I do a sauna sit on a high sodium day I don't get my little sodium bloat tummy. :)
  • But the sauna IS AMAZING. I used to sit in one daily in 2003 after the birth of my son, also for weight loss purposes. Hey, if it doesnt burn calories, you're still benefiting from the relaxation offered, and the awesome benefits to your skin! Who doesnt want healthier skin, especialy any time you are trying to lose wieght, and may start feeling down on yourself from time to time. We want to look good and feel good, and in this adventure, sometimes we will feel defeated. I wish you the best with your weight loss, and your job.
  • 1horseygirl1
    1horseygirl1 Posts: 98 Member
    Thing is if using the sauna helps you to feel good it will actually help you stick to your program.

I have been using a few sessions on a sun bed for the same reason, it makes me relax and feel good so I am less likely to stress eat.

Good luck!

to be honest, I always thought it made you lose weight too :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Thing is if using the sauna helps you to feel good it will actually help you stick to your program.

I have been using a few sessions on a sun bed for the same reason, it makes me relax and feel good so I am less likely to stress eat.

Good luck!

to be honest, I always thought it made you lose weight too :)

Oh, can't you go back to the sauna? Melanoma is not a pretty way to die.
  • Hi there. Actually, it is scientifically proven that some dry saunas (eg infrared) does increase metabolic function due to deep penetration. Therefore, you can expect some fat loss. If you stay there for about 30-60min you can lose up to 500kKal. Please be aware that it’s relative and might more/less. And in case of much hotter saunas (eg finish, japanese etc) heat does increase your heart rate (especially if you do cold deep after) so you can expect some fat loss, just now as much. So funny all these comments... Its super common for people to get hungry after a visit to a sauna. It simply shows that your metabolism increased and Burned away some unwanted stuff. So go ahead and sweat, in combination with cardio and weights. Good luck!
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    edited January 2020
    Just enjoy your sauna!