Exercise and more calories????

mjj79
mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
edited November 2023 in Fitness and Exercise
I know people have talked about this before, but i;m still confused. I cannot find any other site that advises eating more calories when you exercise. Has anyone seen this elsewhere? Could I have been sabotaging myself by doing this? (I'm not questioning the benefit of this site. I LOVE it, just wondering about this 1 thing and whether or not others have still lot weight while adding calries for exercise.)
THANKS

Replies

• mjj79
    I know people have talked about this before, but i;m still confused. I cannot find any other site that advises eating more calories when you exercise. Has anyone seen this elsewhere? Could I have been sabotaging myself by doing this? (I'm not questioning the benefit of this site. I LOVE it, just wondering about this 1 thing and whether or not others have still lot weight while adding calries for exercise.)
    THANKS
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    This is the easiest way to put it:

All you're doing is replenishing your body with the calories you've burned during your workout(s).
    Your body needs fuel in order to burn calories... calories=fuel and the cycle continues.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I have read the scientific explanation so many times so this is what I got out of it.
  • mjj79
    Thanks Skinnier. Have you seen results by adding calories back in from exercise? I've been unable to lose weight for so long and I'm just trying to figure out what i've been doing wrong.
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Most definitely.

Sometimes I don't need all of the extra calories.
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    This is the very reason I shifted from another site to here because it didn't account for extra calories burned thru exercise.

Skinnier_Me has it right on the money. Consider: Even the sites that don't account for calories burned figure out your 'natural calorie burn' based on how active you during the day.
  • mjj79
    Now I get it. That explains why ome sites recommended that I eat 1500 to 1800 calries, while this one recomended around 1300. thanks ,
  • mjj79
    Now I get it. That explains why ome sites recommended that I eat 1500 to 1800 calries, while this one recomended around 1300. thanks ,
This discussion has been closed.