pain across the bottom of my foot

GTOgirl1969
GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
The arch area on my right foot has been hurting for about three days- a burning pain that feels like I stepped on a lit cigarette or something. Anyone else have something like that? I hope it goes away because I'm liking the Ripped in 30 and don't want to have to take a break.

Replies

• jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    I had something similiar and it turned out the arches in my shoes were to low
  • jazzyliz
    jazzyliz Posts: 1 Member
    Arches would be my first guess. But you could also check with your doctor to make sure it's not Plantar Fasciitis

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/plantar-fasciitis-topic-overview
  • You might have plantar fasciitis, but I'm not a medical professional so don't take my word for it. A pair of good arch support inserts might help.
  • lisitabonita
    lisitabonita Posts: 81 Member
    You may have plantar fasciitis - https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Plantar_fasciitis

I had it a few years ago. Weight loss, stretching my calves, ice and rolling a golf ball on the effected area helped. Motrin helped too, but I had to take it as directed, every dose for a week or two before it eliminated the pain, along with the therapies I listed above. I hope this helps! Mine always hurt worse first thing in the morning. That is when the stretching was essential.
  • Sounds like the pain I get with plantar fasciaitis (sp?) Arch supports help, but I recommend checking with your doctor to make sure.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    First thing I would do is get some good new inserts for your workout shoes with higher arch support - that fixed my issues with heel spur (plantar fascitis) type indications......

If that does not give you relief after a week or so you need to see a doctor (physio) to help diagnose the issue....
  • grantsmom08
    grantsmom08 Posts: 82 Member
    Have you done any machines lately like a crosstrainer or elliptical? I know that if you don't leave your feet flat on the pedals on that type of machine, it can strain the muscles that run across the bottom of your foot. I feel it usually when on one of them. I try to keep correcting myself and it helps! Otherwise, it definitely could be your arches. Try doing foot stretches, or wearing two pairs of socks for support..it helps me also :) I have flat arches!
  • GTOgirl1969
    I think we need to take the equine approach to this and shoot her.

Warning: I might shoot back. :laugh:
  • MrsSpratt
    MrsSpratt Posts: 200 Member
    You may have plantar fasciitis - https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Plantar_fasciitis

I had it a few years ago. Weight loss, stretching my calves, ice and rolling a golf ball on the effected area helped. Motrin helped too, but I had to take it as directed, every dose for a week or two before it eliminated the pain, along with the therapies I listed above. I hope this helps! Mine always hurt worse first thing in the morning. That is when the stretching was essential.
    I think this is what I have! Glad I opened this.
  • ckdub428
    ckdub428 Posts: 453 Member
    Make sure it isn't PF!! If it is and you ignore it (or get bad medical advise) you'll suffer it for years!!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    I used to get this pain in the sole of my foot, like there wasn't enough skin on it....

Ironic really that now I've got plenty of skin to go around =/
  • GTOgirl1969
    I'll call my doctor on Monday if it isn't any better. :ohwell: