Recipe Swap Week 5

inskydiamonds
inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
Recipe swap is a fun group where every week two recipes are shared by our members to be cooked by everyone else in the group!

Recipe Swap Week 4: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/365002-recipe-swap-week-4
If you make a recipe from week 4, please post your review of it on that post.

THIS WEEK acoleman3 AND stefnicole ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SHARING RECIPES FOR THE REST OF THE GROUP TO MAKE.

Hopefully the recipes are posted today or tomorrow.

1. Sign up by making a post in this thread and I will add you to the member list.
2. Every week there will be TWO recipes/meals submitted by two members. Each member of the community should make the recipe and post their opinions about the recipe/meal, changes they may have made, etc.
3. Each week there will be a new recipe swap post on the MFP boards. This post will be the place that the members responsible for the recipes for the week will post them as well as the place where you should comment about the recipes/meals you cooked. If you make any substitutions or other changes in the recipe, tell us that as well. And by all means, if you take pictures and want to share them, do!

For more information and for the recipes from last week and the member list, check out here: https://docs.google.com/a/u.pacific.edu/document/d/1fqBAaFmtHqOq76VlmyASTE8LX-FnUnYWCYY7QTu6q1o/edit?hl=en_US

Replies

• amyd03
    amyd03 Posts: 129 Member
    would love this
  • inskydiamonds
    would love this

I will add you in :)
  • I would love to be a part of this please.
    Thanks
  • Christin09
    Christin09 Posts: 143 Member
    Me Too Please! :)
  • inskydiamonds
    Me Too Please! :)

Adding both :)
  • Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    This sounds awesome! I am always looking for new recipe ideas!

Michelle
  • inskydiamonds
    This sounds awesome! I am always looking for new recipe ideas!

Michelle

You're added to the mix!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Looks fun - sign me up!
  • inskydiamonds
    Looks fun - sign me up!

Will do!
  • This is my favorite soup recipe. We make it at least once a month.

Cream Cheese Potato Soup
    Serves 4

4 cups chicken broth
    4 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
    1/4 cup minced onion
    1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
    1/4 teaspoon white pepper (I use black pepper)
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1 8-oz pkg cream cheese, cut into chunks

Combine broth, potatoes, onion, and spices. Boil on medium heat until potatoes are tender. Smash a few potatoes to release their starch for thickening. Reduce to low heat. Add cream cheese. Heat, stirring frequently, until cheese melts.

*I've used full-fat, 1/3 less fat, and fat free cream cheese and I've never noticed a difference in the taste/consistency. We usually leave out the onions, since my husband won't eat them and instead add 1/4 teaspoon onion powder.

*My husband likes to add smoked sausage, but this is not accounted for in the calories.

Here's the nutrition from the last time I made this:
    Per Serving: calories: 322 carbs: 30 fat: 18 protein: 7 fiber: 2 sodium: 782

Enjoy!
  • inskydiamonds
    This is my favorite soup recipe. We make it at least once a month.

Cream Cheese Potato Soup
    Serves 4

4 cups chicken broth
    4 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
    1/4 cup minced onion
    1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
    1/4 teaspoon white pepper (I use black pepper)
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1 8-oz pkg cream cheese, cut into chunks

Combine broth, potatoes, onion, and spices. Boil on medium heat until potatoes are tender. Smash a few potatoes to release their starch for thickening. Reduce to low heat. Add cream cheese. Heat, stirring frequently, until cheese melts.

*I've used full-fat, 1/3 less fat, and fat free cream cheese and I've never noticed a difference in the taste/consistency. We usually leave out the onions, since my husband won't eat them and instead add 1/4 teaspoon onion powder.

*My husband likes to add smoked sausage, but this is not accounted for in the calories.

Here's the nutrition from the last time I made this:
    Per Serving: calories: 322 carbs: 30 fat: 18 protein: 7 fiber: 2 sodium: 782

Enjoy!

yum! I am excited to make this!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    I have a very busy schedule and a picky husband so may not be able to make all of the recipes. I also plan my meals a month in advance a lot of the time, so even if I do use the recipe it may not be in a timely fashion. With all of these disclaimers, do you still want me??
  • inskydiamonds
    I have a very busy schedule and a picky husband so may not be able to make all of the recipes. I also plan my meals a month in advance a lot of the time, so even if I do use the recipe it may not be in a timely fashion. With all of these disclaimers, do you still want me??

As long as you're willing to share a recipe when it's your turn, of course!
    If it takes you a month to get to a recipe that you decide to make just post on the post with that recipe in it to share how you liked it :)
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Would love to join in - PLEASE.
  • inskydiamonds
    Would love to join in - PLEASE.

Adding :)
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    bump
  • pixiechick8321
    pixiechick8321 Posts: 284 Member
    wow, the soup sounds pretty good - and I love creamy potato soup!!

A few questions:
    1. can I add other stuff? (celery, carrots, etc) and when would I add them (with potato?)
    2. Does this soup freeze? DH won't eat soup, but if I can freeze it, that would be great for quick lunches...
    3. I don't do well with "cups" of stuff - how many potatoes makes 2 cups? 4 cups?

Thanks!! This is perfect for the colder weather coming in now.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member

If it takes you a month to get to a recipe that you decide to make just post on the post with that recipe in it to share how you liked it :)

Sure, I can always share recipes ~ add me please!
  • inskydiamonds

Sure, I can always share recipes ~ add me please!

Definitely!
  • Would love to jion in