Egg Yolks

I like to eat egg whites for breakfast, but it horrifies my boyfriend that I throw out the yolks.

So, what do you do with yours?

Replies

• FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    I like to eat egg whites for breakfast, but it horrifies my boyfriend that I throw out the yolks.

eat them with my whites
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member

eat them with my whites

^
  • linda1243
    linda1243 Posts: 166
    I just buy egg whites. It's a brand "egg whites". Then i don't feel so wasteful.
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Eat them and lots of them. If I was supposed to eat only egg whites, I'd crack open an egg and get only egg whites :)
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member

eat them with my whites

This
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    I eat them. They have nutrients, vitamins and minerals.
  • flutechick65
    flutechick65 Posts: 23 Member
    I feed egg yolks to our dogs. The yolks are good for their coats. You can freeze them too in case you want them in a hollandaise sauce, or devil's food cake. I also heard that they can be mixed into tempra paint for an interesting glazed painting effect.
  • kelliehaley
    kelliehaley Posts: 9 Member
    Tell your bf to eat the yolks if it bothers him so much : )
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Oh i guess you could make a sabayon, kinda defeats the point of dieting tho :S

http://www.francethisway.com/frenchrecipes/sabayon.php
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    I eat them. I would prefer more yolks! They are full of vitamins (especially if they are from pasture-raised chickens).

Actually, some of the ones I get from the farmer's market are from chickens with a tendency to lay double-yolk eggs. YAHTZEE!
  • Touche to everyone who says eat them :o)
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    I do the exact same as you and my boyfriend loves the yolk, hates the whites lol
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Well I eat them. But if you don't want to then I wouldn't worry about it... just throw them out. What else would you do with them? If you eat them later it kind of defeats the purpose of separating them.
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    I throw the little balls of sunshine in the trash.
  • brbetha01
    brbetha01 Posts: 179 Member
    I've tried the egg whites in a carton and they're pretty good. But I usually mix one whole egg (yolk and white) and then enough whites for a second egg from the carton. Tastes good and still get the lower calories and the health benefits from at least one yolk.
  • I feed egg yolks to our dogs. The yolks are good for their coats. You can freeze them too in case you want them in a hollandaise sauce, or devil's food cake. I also heard that they can be mixed into tempra paint for an interesting glazed painting effect.

I like this. My doggies will love it!

Thanks for all the input.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    I usually eat them...I tend to get double yoker eggs and I would feel horrible if I was constantly wasting all those egg yolks. Sometimes though I'll have one full egg (with two egg yolks) and then separate the second egg. My favourite way to use them...add them into my conditioner and do a hair mask...or just do a hair mask with oil and egg yolk. The yolk is AMAZING for hair. Makes my hair so soft, shiny and strong. I can seriously feel a difference in the strength of my hair afterwards (of course it isn't permanent but it does strengthen my hair temporarily)
  • I like to dip my bacon into raw/barely cooked yolks. I fry the crap out of the whites though, I think they taste terrible. :P