im new

In need of a boost i just joined 2day..

Replies

• In need of a boost i just joined 2day..
  • MyQuinney
    MyQuinney Posts: 42
    Hey there! I'm new too! How are you doing with the weight thing?
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    In need of a boost i just joined 2day..

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • nwfamilygal
    nwfamilygal Posts: 635
    Welcome to you both :bigsmile: Good luck on your weight loss journey :drinker: :drinker:
  • joonieB
    joonieB Posts: 101
    Ooo you are gonna love it here. This is the real deal. May I suggest logging your day in the morning and then following it? It works for me. I have learned so much about portion control and counting calories here. Plus we are all in this together. If you have tried "fad" diets in the past, wipe your mind clean of those old ideas and keep it simple:

calories in = calories out.

It's all about portion control, keeping within your daily allotment of calories and learning to treat food as fuel. You will love the people you meet here--whenever you are in one of those "I could eat the kitchen counter" moods, sit down in front of the message boards with a big glass of water and start reading!

The beginning is the hardest. Put the work in that first week and then stick to the plan--you will see results. Good luck!
  • magireis
    magireis Posts: 1
    HI...i just started today...and this is my second time dieting...well i had a baby 6 months ago, i got pregant with this one as soon i had lost all the weight from my first pregnancy...so here i am again!!!! I feel horrible, fat and sad but i am glad my hubby is doing with me and we are motivating each other!!! This site is awesome and i can't wait to lose the weight!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome MFP, the greatest website ever. You will love it here. I do. I find this site so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Congratulations on your choice to better your life!

Eat well, and track your calories, weigh yourself weekly (although I admit--I weigh daily! :embarassed: ) and measure, measure, MEASURE your body parts!

If you like to read inspiring blogs, take a look at mine :wink: located here at MFP (the address is in my signature).

Friend me, if you like. :smile: I am always here to listen and support! :flowerforyou:

~Amy~