Starting my weight loss journey

Hi! I just joined yesterday, and am looking for some support and advice on my journey to a healthier me. This is the first time I've ever had to lose weight, so I'm not really sure what is the best way to drop some pounds. I really want to not only become healthier, but to build good habits I can carry throughout the rest of my life. I'd appreciate any suggestions anyone may have. Thanks, and good luck to everyone!

Replies

• Anaryne26
    Anaryne26 Posts: 23 Member
    Hi! I just joined yesterday, and am looking for some support and advice on my journey to a healthier me. This is the first time I've ever had to lose weight, so I'm not really sure what is the best way to drop some pounds. I really want to not only become healthier, but to build good habits I can carry throughout the rest of my life. I'd appreciate any suggestions anyone may have. Thanks, and good luck to everyone!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome MFP, the greatest website ever. You will love it here. I do. I find this site so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    Best of luck to you!!:flowerforyou:
    My advice to to keep track of everything and stick to it!! Drink lots of water and EXERCISE!!!
    This site has really helped me to see how bad I really was eating.:sick:
    You can do this. :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,904 Member
    Welcome:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

what helped me the most was planning my meals the night before, then sticking to the plan, refusing any food offered to me (no matter how healthy, not even carrots or a small bite of anything)

I've learned a lot from MFP about healthy eating

good luck
    take it one day at a time and take baby steps
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Congratulations on your choice to better your life!

Eat well, and track your calories, weigh yourself weekly (although I admit--I weigh daily! :embarassed: ) and measure, measure, MEASURE your body parts!

If you like to read inspiring blogs, take a look at mine :wink: located here at MFP (the address is in my signature).

Friend me, if you like. :smile: I am always here to listen and support! :flowerforyou:

~Amy~