Howdy from Texas!

Options
i'm new...well i've been using the site off and on again for awhile but didn't know the community existed. i'm a single mom...my mom moved in with us when my dad passed away and her disabled brother moved in shortly thereafter... we stay busy, my daughter is a competitive dancer. there are never any dull moments in my life...ha. i've managed to gain over 100 pounds since i was 22... i literally woke up last monday and decided to listen to that voice in my head...i look forward to participating in the online community!!

Replies

• dksmom
    dksmom Posts: 11
    Options
    i'm new...well i've been using the site off and on again for awhile but didn't know the community existed. i'm a single mom...my mom moved in with us when my dad passed away and her disabled brother moved in shortly thereafter... we stay busy, my daughter is a competitive dancer. there are never any dull moments in my life...ha. i've managed to gain over 100 pounds since i was 22... i literally woke up last monday and decided to listen to that voice in my head...i look forward to participating in the online community!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Welcome & good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck. :flowerforyou:

You'll find lots of fellow Texans on here. I'm from Fort Worth.
  • ma9321
    ma9321 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    HELLO!!!!
    Good Luck with your journey!! :smile:

I'm from Houston, TX :happy:
  • jentx
    jentx Posts: 244
    Options
    Hi there, welcome and good luck!!! I'm in texas as well :)

:drinker:
  • fitnessperfection
    fitnessperfection Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you decied totake control! Yippee!

177215.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Howdy back to ya! :smile: I'm in Odessa. :flowerforyou:
  • fiddlechic
    fiddlechic Posts: 196
    Options
    hey welcome! where in texas are you? I'm in austin:)
  • dksmom
    dksmom Posts: 11
    Options
    hey welcome! where in texas are you? I'm in austin:)
    just outside of fort worth... :happy:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Howdy neighbor!!!! :drinker:

Welcome!!! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome MFP, the greatest website ever. You will love it here. I do. I find this site so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    Congratulations on your choice to better your life!

Eat well, and track your calories, weigh yourself weekly (although I admit--I weigh daily! :embarassed: ) and measure, measure, MEASURE your body parts!

If you like to read inspiring blogs, take a look at mine :wink: located here at MFP (the address is in my signature).

Friend me, if you like. :smile: I am always here to listen and support! :flowerforyou:

~Amy~
  • ronkswife2000
    Options
    Hi! I'm from Katy, right outside of Houston... good luck on your journey. I started this site about 1.5 weeks ago and LOVE it. I've never had something motivate me like this site and the people are so nice and friendly :bigsmile: