Bring your crockpot/slow cooker recipes

Replies

• bmccrory2
    bmccrory2 Posts: 84 Member
    bump
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    I am SOLD on the cheeseburgers. I don't mind ugly food as long as it's delicious!

As for the chocolate cake ^-^ chocoholic here...

And the soup, too...

The smell will drive you wild...try to cook the cake while away from home! LOL
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Best Ever! Slow Cooker Roast Beef

2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
    1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
    1 1/4 cups water
    5 1/2 pounds pot roast

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/awesome-slow-cooker-pot-roast/detail.aspx
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    A good trick so the chicken is not sitting in the grease is:
    1. set the chicken on balls of foil
    2. set the chicken on potatoes that are double wrapped in tinfoil (this way you have some baked potatoes too!!)

HTH
    You can cook a whole chicken too. Just remove neck etc, wash and toss in the pot with whatever spices you desire. You get tender and jucy meat that is cheep and can be eaten and or added to other recipes.
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Are you kidding? This sounds super healthy and delicious! O.O 144 calories. That's under 300 for a big portion.
    And my chili recipe (will go up on Healthy Doesn't Mean Boring... at some point)

Chili Con Carne - Very flavorful, but not overly spicy. Add more cayenne if you like to burn your mouth.

Throw it all in the pot and cook on low for 8-10 hours (or your entire work day + commute. :bigsmile: )

Makes 16, 1 cup servings

Calories 144.8
    Total Fat 4.9 g
    Saturated Fat 1.9 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0.4 g
    Monounsaturated Fat 2.0 g
    Cholesterol 15.9 mg
    Sodium 776.2 mg
    Potassium 549.2 mg
    Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
    Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
    Sugars 7.4 g
    Protein 7.8 g
    Vitamin A 15.5 %
    Vitamin C 15.6 %
    Calcium 2.8 %
    Iron 11.7 %
  • Andi67
    Andi67 Posts: 41 Member
    Ihave two very simple and very yummy:

Salsa Beef or Chicken

I either use about 4 chicken breast or more or a lean london broil. I add a cup of salsa and cook on low all day and walah!

It's done!

I use for taco meat, nachos or whatever....my kids just eat the meat plain it is soooooo goood. We prefer the beef but both are so easy and soooo yummy!

The other is pulled pork -

I put a lean pork roast in with enough BBQ sauce to cover it sometimes I will add a half of a beer, let it cook all day and you have yummy pulled pork. Low in calories and high in flavor...another favorite of the kids.

I have more but these two are the best ever...trust me...I kow it sounds too good to be true! But it is true!
  • cherylaclark
    cherylaclark Posts: 119 Member
    bump
  • lbehm
    lbehm Posts: 21 Member
    I am a crockpot holic...sounds like some of you too are too! At walmart you can get slow cooker liners in the food wrap section and then you don't even need to clean the pot!
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Crock Pot Swiss Steak

1.5 pounds thin cut round steak
    1 8oz can tomato sauce
    1/2 cup water
    Half pkg baby carrots
    1 pkg freah sliced muschrooms
    1 pkg dry onion soup mix

Cover bottom of crock with veggies
    lay meat on top in layers
    mix water, sauce and soup mix and pour over top
    Cook 6-7 hrs on low

Makes 6 servings
    165 cal
    2 fiber
    4 fat
    17 protein
    994 sodium
    4 sugar
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    My favorite breakfast. I substitute margarine for the butter, abd I add either an entire apple or a can (10.75 oz) of pumpkin puree to a double batch. This also freezes well!!

Ingredients

1 cup steel cut oats
    3 1/2 cups water
    1 cup peeled and chopped apple
    1/2 cup raisins
    2 tablespoons butter
    1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
    2 tablespoons brown sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

Place the steel cut oats, water, apple, raisins, butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, and vanilla extract into a slow cooker, and stir to combine and dissolve the sugar. Cover the cooker, set to Low, and allow to cook 6 to 7 hours (for firm oats) or 8 hours (for softer texture).
  • 65jackie
    65jackie Posts: 38 Member
    Made this last week and it was delicious - will definitely be making this again! :-)

From Fitness Magazine:

CHICKEN JAMBALAYA

Ingredients
    8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves
    16 ounce package frozen bell peppers and onions
    8 ounces smoked turkey sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
    2 cups water
    1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes with jalapeno peppers, undrained
    8 ounce package jambalaya rice mix
    Directions
    Cut chicken into 1/2-inch strips. Place frozen vegetables in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker and top with chicken strips and turkey sausage. Add water, undrained tomatoes, and seasoning packet from rice. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Stir in rice. Cover and cook about 45 minutes more (if using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting), or until most of the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
  • purple_orchid
    purple_orchid Posts: 129 Member
    saving for later :)
  • bump
  • Madiann
    Madiann Posts: 177
    Bump
  • thamre
    thamre Posts: 642 Member
    BUMP
  • Need to save this for later - great recipe ideas!! Thanks!
  • carolina_r
    carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
    No time now...but want to return to this thread...I've got a yummy asian sweet potato and corn stew recipe to share.