Aloha Everyone!

Hi there everyone, my name is Patricia and I just joined today. In December of 2007 I found out I had diabetes and needed to change my lifestyle. I weighed 230 pounds at that time. I bought an elliptical trainer and stopped eating junk food. I now weigh 180lbs and have my blood sugar under control. My goal is to weigh 150lbs and get off of medications for diabetes. I have been stuck at 180 for the past two months. I love this site, how you can keep track of calories eaten and calories burned. I need this kind of help to stay on track. Oh, and I am 55 years old. If I can do this, anyone can!

Replies

• psaxy
    psaxy Posts: 3
    Hi there everyone, my name is Patricia and I just joined today. In December of 2007 I found out I had diabetes and needed to change my lifestyle. I weighed 230 pounds at that time. I bought an elliptical trainer and stopped eating junk food. I now weigh 180lbs and have my blood sugar under control. My goal is to weigh 150lbs and get off of medications for diabetes. I have been stuck at 180 for the past two months. I love this site, how you can keep track of calories eaten and calories burned. I need this kind of help to stay on track. Oh, and I am 55 years old. If I can do this, anyone can!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Good for you! My dad is a type 2 diabetic & that's one of the main reasons I'm here. You should be very proud of how far you've come! Good luck getting the last 30 off! :drinker:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    :flowerforyou: Psaxy, boy have you done a wonderful job. This is a great site. Hope to see you on the 50+ women thread.

:heart: Kathy
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Wow! Congrats on doing such an excellent job already! :drinker:

I am sure you will find this site to be a big support for continued success.

Welcome! :flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Congratulations on your choice to better your life!

Eat well, and track your calories, weigh yourself weekly (although I admit--I weigh daily! :embarassed: ) and measure, measure, MEASURE your body parts!

If you like to read inspiring blogs, take a look at mine :wink: located here at MFP (the address is in my signature).

Friend me, if you like. :smile: I am always here to listen and support! :flowerforyou:

~Amy~
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome MFP, the greatest website ever. You will love it here. I do. I find this site so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: