What was the worst thing someone said to you regarding your

Replies

• hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    From the abusive ex- and I can still hear this in his voice- "You can leave, but you'll die alone. No one else is ever going to want someone as fat, ugly and disgusting as you."
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    One lady waxed my eyebrows "you've gained some weight!!"
    Lady doing pedicure "having a baby? You look like it."
    Guy selling his cd in front of Walmart "Lady you'll love the tracks and so will your baby."
    These ones happened all about the same time. I was 5'4", 142 pounds and healthy bmi. I had a small pooch. But since figuring myself out and getting my thyroid regulated- im kicking *kitten*. ;) We're gonna show those m@th#rf%ck*rs haha.
  • My high school teacher once said to the class that people never change and in 20 yrs I'll still be fat, I use it as motivation now
  • jgilhen
    jgilhen Posts: 31
    Whenever i hear that someone is saying or doing something so blatantly rude or hostile to someone else i always think about how miserable they must be inside to try and make someone else feel bad like that. Sucks to be them.
  • mrshickey
    mrshickey Posts: 239
    my cousins BF thinks fat people are lazy, and makes no apologies for saying so. my mum said im prettier now im slimmer. My mum says that certain clothes will look nicer once i lose more weight. she says certain hairstyles will look beter once my head isnt so big. Many people tell me that men prefer skinny women etc etc

However i dont see these as insults- I got fat because I WAS LAZY, stopped exercising and watching what I ate. I DO look better now im thinner and will look even better at my goal weight. I dont think men necessarily prefer skinny women (my husband doesnt want me to get lower than a UK 12, ) however i do believe that they prefer women who make an effort with themselves, try to keep in shape.

maybe im completley wrong about this but to me, theyr not insults as such, theyr true- if i was happy being big, if it looked good, if it felt good, if i wasnt embarrased about how bad id let things get, then i wouldnt be trying to lose weight!!!

its not nice to hear, but alot of the time the truth is hard to hear. im sure the horrible comments have motivated people, so i dont let them get to me.
  • jgilhen
    my cousins BF thinks fat people are lazy, and makes no apologies for saying so. my mum said im prettier now im slimmer. My mum says that certain clothes will look nicer once i lose more weight. she says certain hairstyles will look beter once my head isnt so big. Many people tell me that men prefer skinny women etc etc

However i dont see these as insults- I got fat because I WAS LAZY, stopped exercising and watching what I ate. I DO look better now im thinner and will look even better at my goal weight. I dont think men necessarily prefer skinny women (my husband doesnt want me to get lower than a UK 12, ) however i do believe that they prefer women who make an effort with themselves, try to keep in shape.

maybe im completley wrong about this but to me, theyr not insults as such, theyr true- if i was happy being big, if it looked good, if it felt good, if i wasnt embarrased about how bad id let things get, then i wouldnt be trying to lose weight!!!

its not nice to hear, but alot of the time the truth is hard to hear. im sure the horrible comments have motivated people, so i dont let them get to me.

I've been stressing because I've put on weight since my last baby, my husband says he doesn't care he loves me more and more everyday..however since I've been loosing the weight he can't keep his hands off me. It's a nice thing. My mom also used to tell me the importance of taking care of yourself as a women and pointed out a few times when I gained, she just wanted the best for me. I love her for that. But telling someone that they get uglier every year or pinching their thighs during sexy time...I don't know that just seems mean and demotivating.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    my cousins BF thinks fat people are lazy, and makes no apologies for saying so. my mum said im prettier now im slimmer. My mum says that certain clothes will look nicer once i lose more weight. she says certain hairstyles will look beter once my head isnt so big. Many people tell me that men prefer skinny women etc etc.

[/quote]

A lot of people believe, because someone is fat, they are lazy and that's all they do is eat. This is not true for every overweight person. I will speak for myself. I'm fat and no, I'm not lazy and no, I don't eat all day. I exercise. I can out exercise a lot of skinny people. I'm healthier than a lot of skinny people. I'm more fit than a lot of skinny people. Just because someone is thin, it doesn't mean they are healthy, fit or even can hang with intense workouts. I do intense workouts. Tae Bo is no joke. Supreme 90 Day program is no joke. I have other workouts that's no joke. I own over 200 workouts.

I'm beautiful regardless if I'm skinny or fat. Being skinny doesn't make a person beautiful.

A lot of men want women to be in shape, but they aren't in shape themselves. I'm working on me for me. Not anyone else. I would never give a person my power.

Healthy is size blind.
  • jgilhen
    Does anyone have any really good comebacks to the worst thing someone ever said to you! Also, what kind of personal boundaries do you have or set?
  • mrshickey

I've been stressing because I've put on weight since my last baby, my husband says he doesn't care he loves me more and more everyday..however since I've been loosing the weight he can't keep his hands off me. It's a nice thing. My mom also used to tell me the importance of taking care of yourself as a women and pointed out a few times when I gained, she just wanted the best for me. I love her for that. But telling someone that they get uglier every year or pinching their thighs during sexy time...I don't know that just seems mean and demotivating.

i agree- we r lucky i suppose, it is funny how husbands react tho isnt it, regardless of what they say? at one stage i was very thin,my hubby said he didnt mind- once i hit a size 12 he wouldnt leave me alone. then i got big, he said he didnt mind, but now iv gone from 196 down to about 163 ish, hes getting just as bad, lol. i agree with our mums just wanting the best- nothing rong with that. theres no need to be mean, but i cant be too sensitive either. i am fat, so sometimes people are going to tell me.
  • jsteinberg87
    jsteinberg87 Posts: 146 Member
    My dad is convinced that even though I've had a boyfriend for 2+ years and I'm 24 years old that I'm a virgin. He told me, "Nobody wants to **** a fat *****."

Ouch.
  • jsteinberg87
    Does anyone have any really good comebacks to the worst thing someone ever said to you! Also, what kind of personal boundaries do you have or set?

I can lose the weight, but you cant change your face.
  • jsteinberg87
    My mother: (very recent comment) I know you're very pleased with yourself for losing weight, but I saw one of your recent pictures online and you're still fat. You realise that, right? I don't want you gettting too full of yourself.

Wow. Way to be supportive. That makes me mad. I'm sorry.
  • jsteinberg87
    From the abusive ex- and I can still hear this in his voice- "You can leave, but you'll die alone. No one else is ever going to want someone as fat, ugly and disgusting as you."

Personally, I think you're gorgeous. And I think that you are enormously brave for even being on this website. And I think that makes you an amazing person because of it..
  • mrshickey
    my cousins BF thinks fat people are lazy, and makes no apologies for saying so. my mum said im prettier now im slimmer. My mum says that certain clothes will look nicer once i lose more weight. she says certain hairstyles will look beter once my head isnt so big. Many people tell me that men prefer skinny women etc etc.

A lot of people believe, because someone is fat, they are lazy and that's all they do is eat. This is not true for every overweight person. I will speak for myself. I'm fat and no, I'm not lazy and no, I don't eat all day. I exercise. I can out exercise a lot of skinny people. I'm healthier than a lot of skinny people. I'm more fit than a lot of skinny people. Just because someone is thin, it doesn't mean they are healthy, fit or even can hang with intense workouts. I do intense workouts. Tae Bo is no joke. Supreme 90 Day program is no joke. I have other workouts that's no joke. I own over 200 workouts.

I'm beautiful regardless if I'm skinny or fat. Being skinny doesn't make a person beautiful.

A lot of men want women to be in shape, but they aren't in shape themselves. I'm working on me for me. Not anyone else. I would never give a person my power.

Healthy is size blind.
    [/quote]

good for u thats great. ul lose the pounds in no time. i know alot of slim people who cant do intense exercise too, thats y i didnt suggest that fat people cant or dont exercise. this is just my experience, thats all. if i kept up the exercise i wouldnt have weight to lose now, but i did get lazy for a short time, give up and now i have to work harder to lose the excess which i know ohers have to do aswell. i wouldnt be overweight if id kept it up so for me it was an element of lazyness. i kno its not the case for everyone.

I also would never say i wasnt beautiful because im fat. im just honest with myself in knowing that my face would look better without the extra chin.

btw, i have to take my hat off to you- ive tried Tae Bo and it almost killed me. one day i want to be able to say i can do it. :flowerforyou:
  • jgilhen

i agree- we r lucky i suppose, it is funny how husbands react tho isnt it, regardless of what they say? at one stage i was very thin,my hubby said he didnt mind- once i hit a size 12 he wouldnt leave me alone. then i got big, he said he didnt mind, but now iv gone from 196 down to about 163 ish, hes getting just as bad, lol. i agree with our mums just wanting the best- nothing rong with that. theres no need to be mean, but i cant be too sensitive either. i am fat, so sometimes people are going to tell me.

We are lucky (but don't tell them that lol). It's different who tells you though, what context they tell you and how sensitive the person is at that time. I just think that we need to make sure we have the boundries we are comfortable with and people know them. Weight can effect our self esteem as woman and a negative self worth can effect the signals and messages we want others to receive so they know how to treat us. I guess maybe I'm getting off topic.
  • jgilhen

I can lose the weight, but you cant change your face.

LOL Awesome!!
  • I've been said a lot of things but this one thing really stuck with me. It was during my HS sophomore year on my birthday and I was walking with my friend in the hallway. Two girls were in front of us were laughing really hard so I continued talking to my friend about anything special I was going to do. I noticed that one of them was constantly looking back at me and then spoke really loud of what she thought of me. Didn't hear all what she said, but I'll remember this, "yeah, she so stupid that she'll never lose weight". The hallway was loud so my friend didn't hear it but didn't believe me because she thought I was too friendly to be talked about. I felt like I was some kind of sideshow to those girls and still do now.
  • jgilhen
    My dad is convinced that even though I've had a boyfriend for 2+ years and I'm 24 years old that I'm a virgin. He told me, "Nobody wants to **** a fat *****."

Ouch.

Tell him it's none of his bussiness! Your beautiful, don't worry about that guy.
  • Just remember it isn't just fat people who get treated this way, I have two red haired nephews at high school who are both gorgeous and they get teased relentlessly. One is better at handling it than the other. "Original, I haven't heard that before" "God that is so hilarious, cough cough, no actually it isn't loser"
    It is so awful when it comes from family members and mothers can treat their daughters dreadfully, a friend of my daughters gets straight A's and my daughter overheard her saying to her daughter "God you are useless at everything", this girl also is in the choir and plays a musical instrument, I can't think of a thing this girl could be considered useless at!

If it is a stranger, you could say "what was that, a rat squeaking?" " Nice, I am so gutted that such a rude loser thinks I'm ugly!, Not!"
    To your family member "Boy you would so be a starter for mother of the year!" To the ones whose Dad said no one wants to f*** a fat Chick, I would reply "but hang on, the same is said of ugly losers and you got Mom!"
    and remember just because someone says it doesn't mean it is TRUE! The reply f*** off! works in a multitude of situations lol
  • jsteinberg87

Ouch.

Tell him it's none of his bussiness! Your beautiful, don't worry about that guy.

Aww Thank you :))) btw, glad you found my comeback funny :)