What was the worst thing someone said to you regarding your

Replies

• swati37
    swati37 Posts: 145 Member
    The worst was when my mom told me u might not get married if you continue to gain weight..

and my best friend told me that i would look so pretty if i loose weight.

it really hurted me..
  • Went on a date with someone I met online, he totally hated me in person then when we said our good byes he ignored me for 24 hours and when I asked him what I'd done to make him act like such a douche he told me he didn't realise I was so fat and couldn't date me. Since then I lost 86 lbs and look great, and no it wasn't for him it was for myself he's not getting a second chance with the new slimmer me because he's so shallow.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    my exboyfriend : if you lost weight you'd probably be better in bed
  • foxyxxx
    foxyxxx Posts: 15 Member
    I think I have a completely different attitude than everyone here.

I can't recall anything rude that anyone has ever said to me. Quite the opposite.

Sometimes when I go back home my mum says: you've gained weight or there is more of you. And it doesn't hurt me at all. I mean, it's honest truth. I am glad she is saying it because it is a wake up call for me. Though she is always trying to find some medical reasons for it, I have underactive thyroid or polycistic ovaries or something. So I have to shout at her: mum, i am perfectly healthy, I just eat too much. I have a messed up relationship with food and I just eat too much.

And she says: But you go to the gym all the time and run?

And I say: yes and then I eat even more. It's not going to matter if I then sit in the office all day and eat chocolate.

So then she says: well, why don't you eat less?

So i thought, exactly. Why don't I? And here i am :)

All my friends are extremely nice. I have had a billion boyfriends and never any made any rude remark even though I am sure some thought it. And it makes me angry. I wish people just stop pretending it wasn't happening and just tell me like it is. Kinga, we love you and all, but damn you got fat.

Becuase for a long time I lived in some dellusion that no one actually noticed, that it is only between me and the scales. But it is not. And I have only myself to blame for it. Because it is not like I never realised that chocolate and takeaways make you fat.

So if you ever feel like calling someone fat, come my way.

And why is a little girl asking you 'why are you fat?' rude? It is not. She sees you're fat and she wants to know why, it is probably a very good and relevant question which we should all think about. Once you got an answer to that it is a lot easier to lose weight.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    oh yeah also, when my mum found out i got a bf: wow who would want to go out with you? You're fat!

She's like double my size :S wtf
  • 13Natty
    13Natty Posts: 57
    my mum has told me since i was about 12 that i was ugly...then after i had put on some weight at about 15 she changed that to fat and ugly...no wonder my self esteem is shattered still to this day....

I feel horrified for you!! Your own Mum!!! The strongest influence in a girls life. What is your relationship like know? Probably a dumb question.
  • There have been countless such incidents. But the thing that stung me most was my boyfriend (ex) kept comparing my weight to that of his skinny ex. He eventually broke up with me because "I'm not his type"
  • milesdn
    milesdn Posts: 5 Member
    Are you Pregnant?
  • hazedot
    hazedot Posts: 111 Member
    I think the one that got to me was from my supposed best friend's 4 year old. (Hasten to say we no longer speak) He looked at me one day after practise and was like 'Hazel, you're so fat.' He said it like three times as well right in front of her and she didn't call him up about it or anything.
    The worst part, I'd already lost 28lbs and was a hell of a lot smaller than I used to be!
  • jgilhen
    jgilhen Posts: 31
    Went on a date with someone I met online, he totally hated me in person then when we said our good byes he ignored me for 24 hours and when I asked him what I'd done to make him act like such a douche he told me he didn't realise I was so fat and couldn't date me. Since then I lost 86 lbs and look great, and no it wasn't for him it was for myself he's not getting a second chance with the new slimmer me because he's so shallow.

Yup if someone doesn't want me at my worst they surrreeee as hell ain't getting me at my best!!

Congrats on your weight loss, you look fab hunny!
  • bonnynblithe04
    bonnynblithe04 Posts: 123 Member
    I walked into a store that sold regular sizes (I was about a size 28W then). I wasn't interested in the clothes, but I felt like treating myself to something that smelled nice. The clerk mumbled loud enough for me to hear, "You know d@mn well ..." I went home and got some Bath & Body Works from eBay.

I would have asked her to call her manager to the front and let him or her know that I was going to buy (whatever items you were looking at) and tell them that I am not going to do so anymore, because, (I would have looked at her badge and called her by name) think that because I'm overweight I can't be in this store.

It's always good to be the bigger person, but sometimes, you have to shame the immature person.

The clerk was a guy and I don't think the manager would have given a happy as the store was about to go out of business. Still, wish I had more backbone then.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    The clerk was a guy and I don't think the manager would have given a happy as the store was about to go out of business. Still, wish I had more backbone then.

Guys can be ugly as well. Regardless if a store is going out of business, they still have to make money.

You did good, by spending your money elsewhere.
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    8th grade, on a field to the science museum. I was looking to buy my mom a gift.
    Some classmates come up behind me and asked me if I was pregnant.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    When I went to go visit my old high school (I was a freshman in collge at the time) everyone kept whispering and said, "Nisa must be pregnant"

Ex-boyfriend: (he initiates that I jump on his back, so I do, and he pretty much collapse on the ground) Then he gets up and asks, "Aren't you suppose to go running with your brother tomorrow?" -- I was hurt for days
  • Before I say it, I just want to say I love my mom and well as a mom you don't with a manual to raise kids. Mom used to say," You have such a pretty face if you would lose weight." What am I ugly b/c I am FAT? LOL Last time I saw her, I had lost about 10-20 lbs. But she stopped saying that a long time ago. I have not passed that back handed compliment to my sons. They are not overweight but even if they were that is not something I would ever say to them. But I would say, let's go for a walk so we can talk and spend tie together. Then I would go into boot camp mode LOL JK!!!
  • 1953Judith
    1953Judith Posts: 325 Member
    At first when I started reading this thread, my heart was breaking and my spirit was wearing down with memories.

But as it turns out these memories have been very cathartic and healing, because I realized that with my children I broke that cycle. As young adults, they have told me that their memories of our family life and their childhood is happy and that they remember being treasured and loved. While I am sure I made many mistakes along the way, at least I strived hard not to insullt or demean.

I encourage anyone battling these memories and these old hurts to find a way to spin gold from straw, to become stronger and better people; and most importantly, to have the self-confidence to look to the past to find ways to protect and nurture the next generation.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    What a cruel world we live in. I'm so sorry for all of you who had family members who openly treated you so horribly. THose were the people who were supposed to love and protect you. Makes a co-worker saying openly "You have a big butt" meaningless in comparison. I don't have a big butt anymore, but I'll be she still has a moustache!
  • kittuk86
    kittuk86 Posts: 192 Member
    My relatives: ur so cute.. just loose some weight

(in college)My dad pinching my thighs when I was wearing shorts saying - Thunder thighs

(a month ago) Dad - u have a tendency to put on weight, who will marry you? loose weight n make it easier for us to get you married (typical indian mentality)

(3 days ago) My mum was helping me drape a saree around me when she points to my love handles n says - Where? I cant see any weight loss. That hurt!!! hurt so bad..

(2days ago)- After i came back from office n told her how everyone said iv lost weight n looking beautiful in a saree - yea.. uv lost weight. I just stared at her open mouth, ignored her n went away..

Best one from college - me n my then best friend were getting ready n she was standing behind me n she starts laughing saying - look m completely hidden behind you. B**** shes getting even more shallow as the years pass n m trying to cut her off my life

a big hug to all of you!! People are mean but I believe we should take it as a motivation n make way for a healthier us..
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    At first when I started reading this thread, my heart was breaking and my spirit was wearing down with memories.

But as it turns out these memories have been very cathartic and healing, because I realized that with my children I broke that cycle. As young adults, they have told me that there memories of our family life and their childhood is happy and that they remember being treasured and loved. While I am sure I made many mistakes along the way, at least I strived hard not to insullt or demean.

I encourage anyone battling these memories and these old hurts to find a way to spin gold from straw, to become stronger and better people; and most importantly, to have the self-confidence to look the past to the past to find ways to protect and nurture the next generation.

I am standing and applauding you! Great post!
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    What a cruel world we live in. I'm so sorry for all of you who had family members who openly treated you so horribly. THose were the people who were supposed to love and protect you. Makes a co-worker saying openly "You have a big butt" meaningless in comparison. I don't have a big butt anymore, but I'll be she still has a moustache!

I had a coworker tell me that I had a big butt and I've told her to stop watching my butt. I do have a big butt and it doesn't have anything to do with me being overweight.