Trans fat in my cookies!

Nevada
Nevada Posts: 140 Member
edited November 2023 in Food and Nutrition
I have been careful to avoid any trans fat, so I was surprised to see it show up on Reports.

Turned out to be the two Chips Ahoy chunk chocalate chip cookies I had one day. In a smoothie with plain kefir. Delicious treat.

My package says 0g of Trans Fat, but the food database has the old formula with trans fat. I added a new listing, labelled "no trans fat formula".

I am treating myself to one cookie per week. When that package is gone, I am thinking of a bag of chocolate chips. Great test of will power.

Replies

• Nevada
    I have been careful to avoid any trans fat, so I was surprised to see it show up on Reports.

Turned out to be the two Chips Ahoy chunk chocalate chip cookies I had one day. In a smoothie with plain kefir. Delicious treat.

My package says 0g of Trans Fat, but the food database has the old formula with trans fat. I added a new listing, labelled "no trans fat formula".

I am treating myself to one cookie per week. When that package is gone, I am thinking of a bag of chocolate chips. Great test of will power.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,935 Member
    I'd have to buy one cookie a week and take it all the way home, change into jammies to discourage another trip to the store before I could eat just that ONE cookie immediately. I must work on that "willpower" thing.......

What do you guys tell yourselves when there is "bad" food to keep from eating it? I don't even bring it home anymore.

cm
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    I tell hubby to throw it away b4 I swallow it whole.

Last night, the girls were eating some left over chocolate birthday cake and i wanted some sooooo bad BUT... I controlled myself, told hubby to throw away the piece that they left, and just ate a weight watchers chococlate chocolate chip muffin instead. Even hubby was proud of me. =)
  • Nevada
    I am only on my 4th week of dieting, ever. I have yet to have that desperate late night, when the chunky chocolate chips are screaming "eat me"!

So far, a glass of water drowns the cravings.
  • cmriverside
    Ok, healthier_you. Love the picture, spooky but beautiful! You are SOooooo funny. I liked it when you had more posts than me, though.....now I feel all "preachy".

Nevada, you are tough as steel! ....Water. Instead of cookies. Amazing.

cm
  • Healthier_Me
    Bwahahahaaaa!!

It does look a bit spooky *evil grin*

I'm a "noob" now Lady CM.
  • sabby
    sabby Posts: 12 Member
    Never again will we say "I'll just work that off". Now we know, thanks to this site, that we RARELY work off what we eat, and THAT'S WHY WE'RE ALL HERE!

I always drink a glass of water before eating, so I feel more full. However, my dad insists that's not a good practice, since that dilutes the stomach acid that's supposed to digest your food. Does anyone out there know if that's true?
  • cmriverside
    joanna,

now you're getting all artsy-fartsy-miss-shadows-and-light-offcenter-tilted-noob.

oxoxo cm
  • Healthier_Me
    LOL! (sticks tongue out) na-na-na-na- naaaaaaaaaaa
This discussion has been closed.