Who will stay

Just wondering how many people will stay on MFP even after reaching their goal? I know I will.

Replies

• bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Just wondering how many people will stay on MFP even after reaching their goal? I know I will.
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Count me in!!! =)
  • Nevada
    Nevada Posts: 140 Member
    I do not intend to be counting calories the rest of my life. I expect after six months, I will have replaced my bad habits with good habits. I should be able to glance at a plate of food, and know "fit, or not fit."
    Regular exercise will be just be a part of my life.

After six months, I hope I can just track my weight here, and use that as my counter. But, I will be coming back for the support, recipes, and exercise tips.
  • Skinnier_Me
    Well, I don't intend on counting calories the rest of my life either but I like the people that I have met on this site. That's why I will stay.

You should know what's good and not good for you... you shouldn't need a site to tell you that.
  • Isabelle
    Isabelle Posts: 102
    I though I will go after I've reach my goal...but I think I will just stay a little time just to maintain and keepthe good habits...untill it comes by itself.
  • frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    I plan to hang around.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    That's a great question, Dane.

I would like to think I will continue to check in. They say it takes 45 days to form a habit that is going to stay with you.

I feel that it is good to keep track of intakes of calories, though, and this has been the easiest to do using this system.

It can get time consuming, though. I probably won't continue to read every single post once I go back to work. Need more hours in the day !

~cm
  • cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    I plan on sticking around. I definitely don't want to count calories for the rest of my life, but the maintenance and the good company will be reason enough for me to stick around!
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    oh for sure, this is a good site for keeping track of net calories.
  • charley078
    charley078 Posts: 48 Member
    I will be here for as long as I can.....
  • melb
    melb Posts: 5
    I am sticking around also. Once I reach my goal weight, I still want to be here for anyone who needs help. We all know how hard it is to loose weight and maintain our weight lose. I'm here to stay. MelB.
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    I plan on staying however, I will be MIA for a bit after my wedding. I will be thinking of you all while sitting on the beach on my honeymoon:) hehe...
  • Skinnier_Me
    That's just wrooong!!! =*(
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    kimford28

Congratulations!!! He's a lucky guy. Have fun on the beach. We look forward to your return your post are always very encouraging.
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    AWWWW:) You still have me and my posts until the end of November.... and then I will be back on most likely to lose the weight that I gained:)
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Congrats kimford28. And I really don't think that you'll gain the weight that you think you will. We're all developing good lifetime habits here.

I plan to stay on this for a while even after I get to my goals. I want to be able to maintain for a few months before I relax about it
  • alice
    alice Posts: 25 Member
    I think that it will have to be a lifelong habit (unfortunately), but I think once your body stabilizes it won't be so hard to manage. Keeping it off is the hardest part.

Just have to hang in there. I was taught that if you are going to a big event - eat less the day before so that you can balance the caleries better and maintain the same body weight.

All I know is that it was way easier when I was in my 20's at 106 pounds. Yah, those were the days - I even had trouble gaining weight back then and ate like crazy.

I will definately keep track using this website after the pounds come off.

alice
  • nbuehrmann
    nbuehrmann Posts: 47 Member
    My trainer said that not counting calories is like going shopping without knowing how much money you have. You can be going over with just little things and not even realizing it. Or I don't know about you, but if I don't put it down I tend to try and trick myself into thinking it's not that much or that fattening and slowly the weight comes back on. The fact is... I love food, and need something visual to keep me realistic.
  • Heck yeah I'll stay. I don't want to be in this position again. I love this sight!
  • deb_ge
    deb_ge Posts: 87 Member
    Well...seeing that I have more than 100 pounds to lose....I think there is no question of me leaving. I will be here for quite some time!

And I am sure I will definately need help once I reach target....I have never in my life been able to maintain any weight loss.