Hello from Sacramento

:flowerforyou: Hello my name is Stephanie and I am new to this site. Just a short bio about me. Well I am a working mother of 3 beautiful children two boys (15 years & 10 years old) and one girl (9 years old). I have been on this weight lost adventure for sometime now for about 14 years off and on. I am hoping this is the last year I stick with it and not get give up. But this is the first time I joined a gym I have been going for about a month now and I am loving it. It helps when you have a friend that joins you. If anybody has any ideas about ways to get more protein in my diet or even some really good protein drinks that taste good that does not have a lot of calories. I would really appreciate it.

Replies

• Stephanie1973
    Stephanie1973 Posts: 11 Member
    :flowerforyou: Hello my name is Stephanie and I am new to this site. Just a short bio about me. Well I am a working mother of 3 beautiful children two boys (15 years & 10 years old) and one girl (9 years old). I have been on this weight lost adventure for sometime now for about 14 years off and on. I am hoping this is the last year I stick with it and not get give up. But this is the first time I joined a gym I have been going for about a month now and I am loving it. It helps when you have a friend that joins you. If anybody has any ideas about ways to get more protein in my diet or even some really good protein drinks that taste good that does not have a lot of calories. I would really appreciate it.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Welcome!:flowerforyou: I get most of my protein from meats but you could try beans and nuts to boost it too.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    I like GNC's soy protein powders ... banana is really good .. I've also tried srawberry and vanilla (waiting for the chocolate to get stocked, hehe). They're packed with 25g of protein.

I'll make my shakes with 1/2 cup frozen fruit and a cup of water. The powder is 110 calories and the frozen fruit is around 50 calories on average. Sometimes I'll add ice too, depending on whether or not I want it thicker.

I've read that having soy protein after a workout can help the body to continue burning up to 26% more fat than exercise alone.

Anyway, good luck!
  • stevewiz
    stevewiz Posts: 7 Member
    Hello, I just joined a few days ago and while reading your post I noticed that I had a cod loin for supper which has 25 for protein and only 120 for cal. Hope this helps
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    welcome to the site! that's great you joined a gym :)

I personally really like Slim-Fast. especially the powder for the chocolate royale. you get the powder and low fat vitamin milk. it tastes sooo good. it's so chocolatey!

hope that helps :) I haven't really tried any other protein, meal replacement drinks in a while.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Hello and welcome!!!! I like Designer Whey protein in french vanilla. I also mix it in my oatmeal, half a scoop. But try to get the protein from foods,nuts, legumes, and lean meats, fish, turkey and chicken. Avoid processed meats though.

My sister lives in Sacramento. She is one of the morning anchors of the morning show in Univision.

Good luck in your journey!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome MFP, the greatest website ever. You will love it here. I do. I find this site so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: