Hi Everyone!

I'm new to myfitnesspal, but I love it so far. What type of foods do you eat that have protein in them? I am having a hard time reaching my protein goals every day. Thanks for your help!

:smile: Sydney

Replies

• smcopley
    smcopley Posts: 34
    I'm new to myfitnesspal, but I love it so far. What type of foods do you eat that have protein in them? I am having a hard time reaching my protein goals every day. Thanks for your help!

:smile: Sydney
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Welcome! Most of my protein comes from meat and eggs but you could also eat beans and nuts.
  • djshade4
    djshade4 Posts: 24
    I find I go over in protein almost everyday. Peanut Butter with fruit & Black beans on my salad.
  • jackiOmy
    jackiOmy Posts: 26
    I also go over my protein almost everyday , I was actually wondering about that .... I can't imagine being under ...... hmmm . Give us a sample of what you eat for the day maybe we can figure why some are over and some are under .
  • AHealthierMe
    AHealthierMe Posts: 15 Member
    I seem to go over almost daily as well. Nonfat milk, tuna, and beans are excellent sorces of protein!
  • smcopley
    Thanks for your suggestions. I guess what my problem is is finding foods high in protein, but LOW in fat. Any suggestions?
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome MFP, the greatest website ever. You will love it here. I do. I find this site so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • djshade4
    djshade4 Posts: 24
    I went back through my food journal and my highest proteins were milk (lowfat) and string cheese (lowfat)...so I'm thinking maybe more dairy in your diet?
  • smcopley
    Thanks for the advice! I have had issues with milk products in the past, so I don't eat a lot of dairy, just occasionally a glass of milk every other day or so. I'm going to try to up my dairy intake for the protein benefits though. Thanks for your help!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    I never get to my protein number so i have started eating special K protein bars. They keep you full for a long time and get you a good start on your protein (and they are pretty tasty, makes a great snack)