Hi

Hi I am new to this. My name is Lynda, I am 40 years old and married with one child. She is 6 1/2 years old. Had my doctors appt yesterday and I had a huge lecturer about my weight gain. I have hit a whopping 400 lbs. He had put me on a 1600 cal. diet... I was only 200 lbs when my daughter was born in 2002 so in 7 years I have gained 200... I am a diabetic and have a thyroid condition but the doctor said it all my fault in gaining all the weight. :cry: I do need the motivation to get started and will use my sisters treadmill when she goes to work (it will feel like I went to a gym). I will start off slowly. I am hoping I can achieve. I should say I WILL ACHIEVE!!!!::

Replies

• Hi I am new to this. My name is Lynda, I am 40 years old and married with one child. She is 6 1/2 years old. Had my doctors appt yesterday and I had a huge lecturer about my weight gain. I have hit a whopping 400 lbs. He had put me on a 1600 cal. diet... I was only 200 lbs when my daughter was born in 2002 so in 7 years I have gained 200... I am a diabetic and have a thyroid condition but the doctor said it all my fault in gaining all the weight. :cry: I do need the motivation to get started and will use my sisters treadmill when she goes to work (it will feel like I went to a gym). I will start off slowly. I am hoping I can achieve. I should say I WILL ACHIEVE!!!!::
  • mfpme
    mfpme Posts: 1,106 Member
    :happy: Hi Lynda! A very warm welcome to Mfp to you!! I admire your courage to tell us right away of your current weight of 400. Good you are here. You started on your journey. In 7 years, you have gained 200 lbs, tks for sharing that with us. We here on MFP are all behind you pushing you, pulling you encouraging you all the way towards each lb you will lose. Don't give up. No matter what the scale says, enjoy your journey. Hmmm, what your doctor said about "it's all your fault for gaining the weight." Awww, hone! Harsh words. Don't cry. I think what he's maybe saying is that it was in your power to gain all the weight and it is in your power again to lose all the weight. Thank goodness your sisters' treadmill. Good for you to start slowly. One foot in front of the other!! Have you considered getting a pedometer!! It rewards you with every step you take. I wear an OMRON hj112!! I love the last 2 sentences you wrote. you went from I am hoping to I will achieve. You're half way there Lynda!! We are all here for you!! Keep going. Keep your feet moving!! Welcome to mfp and welcome to the best of your life!! Good luck!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :happy: I gotta run. See you on the forums!!!!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Hi Lynda, I am a friend of mfpme and just wanted to tell you she has a really good thread going with her 100 members.We would love for you to join us and lets lick this together. we can do it. We are your friends. Good luck you can do it.
    Caliecat
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome MFP, the greatest website ever. You will love it here. I do. I find this site so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::drinker: :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • thanks for the hello. i started my diet today and feeling little down on myself. i have been reading some of the post on here and everybody motivation. My one motivation is my daughter. She is 6 1/2 years old and I don't want her to see me fat anymore. I feel she is losing out on a lot because I have no movitation to do anything. I use to love taking her to the mall, i can't do anymore because the walking kills my back and knees... we had bought season passes for great adventure and i'm not looking forward to because i know i will not fit through the turnstile and the walking is impossible right now. Both my husband and daughter are talking about getting me a wheel chair to get around... i sit herr and cry because i was always active... i don't know what happen...
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Welcome - Life is what happen

We go through our busy days not realizing what we eat, how much we eat and how often we eat. Sometimes we eat just because everyone around is eating (I'm guilty of all of them)

We go to the grocery store and there's that evil man/woman with free samples
    We go to get coffee those damn doughnuts are taunting you
    We go to the movies THE SMELL OF POPCORN get's you
    We go out to eat and they have pictures of dessert even before you order dinner
    No matter where we go food is all around us.

This site will help you stop, look, and read about what you are eating. Learn where you can get more information on food, find healthier versions of old favorites. If you are loyal and honest with yourself this site will help you reach your goal. Remember to start small, as you mention it took 7 years to put it on, it will more than one year to take if off. Believe in yourself, forgive yourself and leave the past in the past.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Hello Lynda, I read your second post and it just broke my heart. I am a diabetic too. Have been for 20 years. Its a hard life.We have a Diabetic support group here on MFP. there is just a few of us and we would love to have you join us. I will send you the link if you are interested in joining us. Also mfpme group has a good thread and I know she would love to have you too. She has a chat thread there too where we can chat away. Everyone needs to belong to a group here , you can't do it alone.Together we can do it.
    :heart: :heart: May God Bless You :heart: :heart: We care about you. Your little girl sounds so sweet.
    calicat
  • mfpme
    mfpme Posts: 1,106 Member
    :heart: No matter where you are. Enjoy your journey.:heart: