looking to lower choldertrol and weight

Hi,
Just restarted this about 1 week ago and I love it, it keeps me in check. I'm trying to loose about 50lb total and I'm 200 lb and height 5 '7" . I do have the body type that does not loose weight so fast, but I am a strong and healthy person. I welcome any advisement, so far I think my fitness plan is great!

Stacy

Replies

• solo25
    solo25 Posts: 2
    Hi,
    Just restarted this about 1 week ago and I love it, it keeps me in check. I'm trying to loose about 50lb total and I'm 200 lb and height 5 '7" . I do have the body type that does not loose weight so fast, but I am a strong and healthy person. I welcome any advisement, so far I think my fitness plan is great!

Stacy
  • Hey, Stacy,

I also had issues losing weight, so I went and saw a naturopathic doctor who had some blood tests ran on me. To come to find out I was insulin resistance. So he put me on the mediterranean diet and some supplements/vitamins. I have also slowly been adding exercise (don't want to do too much to fast and fall off the wagon) and I have lost weight consistently. If you want more information on the supplements or any recipes for the diet which really isn't a diet more of a lifestyle change just let me know.

Not to mention my dietitian loves this website.

Sally

180477.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • Maria061
    Maria061 Posts: 118
    Hi Stacy and Selly,

I am have a same problem, slightly high cholesterol (227), and problem some weight.problem. I would liked to loose about 45 lbs. I am looking for a good idea's too.. Can I add You to be my friend?
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Maria061
    Maria061 Posts: 118
    Selly,

can You give me more information on Your diet?