will keep on

I just signed up 4/8/9 and so far so good. I like the fact that I can see that the food I eat has value to it so that I can actually choose to not ingest something. I look it up before I put it on my plate. The test I guess will com when I have been ddoing this for about a week and then am faced with not pigging out at night. That is my down fall night time food binge. If anyone has a similar problem I could use some type of info on how to get past that phase which has always happened no matter what type of weight loss I am trying.

Replies

• proquesi
    proquesi Posts: 6
    I just signed up 4/8/9 and so far so good. I like the fact that I can see that the food I eat has value to it so that I can actually choose to not ingest something. I look it up before I put it on my plate. The test I guess will com when I have been ddoing this for about a week and then am faced with not pigging out at night. That is my down fall night time food binge. If anyone has a similar problem I could use some type of info on how to get past that phase which has always happened no matter what type of weight loss I am trying.
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    welcome! :smile:

I don't really have a problem with binge eating at night... I'm usually too busy on the internet... but making sure you're full by drinking lots of water and eating fruits/veggies or something else that is just as filling will help quite a bit.

it's helped me stay full, or at least not starving.

hope this helps!
  • proquesi
    proquesi Posts: 6
    :flowerforyou: Thanks xbonbonx will try to do just that. Proquesi
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • My best advice to curb night time binges: wear yourself out! I go to the gym after work and I take a nice brisk walk shortly after dinner. Not only are you tired in the evening, but you just exerted serotonin during those workouts that make you less likely to binge eat. You feel so great after the progress you made throughout the day that why would you want to sabotage it by chowing down?

If I am just famished before I go to bed, I'll have a small glass of milk with a splash of whipping cream. I know it's not the healthiest, but I stress the word "splash" - it adds a bit more flavor to the milk and is quite filling. If you need something of more sustenance, then just make sure you're making healthy choices like fresh fruit and veg or one of my favorites, Weight Watchers Toffee Ice Cream Bars. Just be aware that if you are eating just before bed, you're not giving your body enough time to metabolize the food and it's getting stored as... FAT! :grumble:

186124.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter