Ripped in 30 in November-Does anyone want to join me?

Replies

• suzanne63
    suzanne63 Posts: 616 Member
    Ok,Week 1/Day 2 of Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30.I'm doing it.:smile: I finished it all today:smile: .I did it.:happy: I did it.:happy: I feel GREAT:bigsmile: .I LOVE this workout.:love: I do feel sore from the stiff legged dead lift rows.I did the first time I did this workout before too.Have a Happy day everyone.:flowerforyou:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Started Week 1 10/20....weight 177.0 & 207 inches

Started Week 2 10/30...weight 176.8 and 204.75 inches

W2D3 240 calories and 260 calories of elliptical

Is anyone else keeping track of inches or weight....
  • coffeepleese
    coffeepleese Posts: 11 Member
    Week one day one done & I made it through the whole thing. It was similar to 30 shred-nice transition. I am a day late, but it said to do it at least 5-6 days a week, so I'll make it up . I can't wait to see some progress!
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Started Week 1 10/20....weight 177.0 & 207 inches

Started Week 2 10/30...weight 176.8 and 204.75 inches

W2D3 240 calories and 260 calories of elliptical

Is anyone else keeping track of inches or weight....

Yeah, I am tracking my weight, but haven't done any measurements... Will probably do so tonight since I'm only on day 2 it's close enough.
  • Sambo004
    Sambo004 Posts: 549 Member
    Completed ri30w1d2- 315 cal burned
    Completed kb&tlvl1d5-417 cal burned
    Completed c25kw3d1-318 cal burned

Loved every minute of it. I'm following the advanced moves and using 5 lb weights.
    I remember doing the shred for the first time and couldnt even make it all the way without stopping. I couldn't do pushups, I could barely squat, I was always resting during the cardio. I also had trouble with the abs. This was about two months after my second csection. I am now 10 months pp. I love now how I can lunge and go all the way down, or do a full squat. And I love doing pushups now, makes me feel so strong. It's amazing what you can do with your body if you push yourself! keep going everyone!! Anyone can feel free to add me as support

You are amazing! What an inspiration! I hope I can get somewhere close as fit as this eventually. Have you achieved these levels just through Jillian's workouts?
  • Sambo004
    Sambo004 Posts: 549 Member
    Ok, I've just read through the first 8 pages of this thread and man oh man I am so excited to get started with you guys! Please add me as a friend so I can catch up with everyone! I can't wait to get started on Monday :happy: I really hope that I'm strong enough to do everything after finishing 30DS. Everyone who's already started - I'm jealous - he he. You guys rock! I'm going to do 6 times a week (Mon - Sat) and take Sunday as rest day. Adding 3 x a week of cardio at the gym.

I just can't wait to get started now! Too exciting!!! :bigsmile:
  • nisijam5

Yeah, I am tracking my weight, but haven't done any measurements... Will probably do so tonight since I'm only on day 2 it's close enough.

Just want to encourage everyone to take their measurements. It would probably be best to take them with an empty stomach.

Bust (thickest part of your chest)
    Waist (natural bend when you bend to the side)
    Abdomen (thickest part of your middle below the belly button, usually 2 inches below)
    Hips (thickest part of your butt)
    Thigh (only one, measure right under where your butt meets the leg)
    Calf (thickest part, sitting down)
    Arm (middle of bicep, relaxed)

Add all six of these measurements as one total: Nisijam 204.75
  • GertiLee
    GertiLee Posts: 29 Member
    Day 2 done! It felt easier but that's probably because I did it before going to the gym instead of after like yesterday.
  • suzanne63
    Hello fellow Rippers! I haven't started yet. I'm on Day 27 of 30DS. My last day is on Saturday, taking Sunday off, and then I'm starting Ripped on Monday. Hope that isn't too late to join in? I'm really excited. I had some great results with 2 rounds of 30DS, but I am definitely ready to move on. Cant' wait to get started! :happy:

2955970.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    It's not too late for you to join.Welcome I'm glad you are here.:smile: Anyone can just jump in and join any time.
  • lbtewksbury
    lbtewksbury Posts: 147 Member
    I'd love to join in did week1 day 1 today at lunch, love it , this will be my second time through, did it over the summer, but I definitely feel stronger this time. Looking forward to keeping up with you guys.
  • suzanne63
    I'd love to join in did week1 day 1 today at lunch, love it , this will be my second time through, did it over the summer, but I definitely feel stronger this time. Looking forward to keeping up with you guys.

Hi :smile: Welcome :happy:
  • Ok I completed D1 for me. OMG, that was killer. The running man was really hard cuz of the exercises around it. But the second round of ab work was better than the first for me. I also felt a sense of wanting to throw up during the cool down but once finished and I drank some water and sat down I was fine.

I'm trying to see if my HRM is working right. It says I burned 166 cal. in the 35 min workout. That's counting from start of warm up to cool down. But when I use my online calculator it says I burned 404 cal. They can't possibly be that far off can they. Any ideas?
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    I started week 2 on Monday :)
  • nisijam5

I'm trying to see if my HRM is working right. It says I burned 166 cal. in the 35 min workout. That's counting from start of warm up to cool down. But when I use my online calculator it says I burned 404 cal. They can't possibly be that far off can they. Any ideas?

I'm 5'4" and 177 lbs....I burn 240ish per workout
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member

I'm 5'4" and 177 lbs....I burn 240ish per workout

I only burn around 200 or so and I do use an HRM.. I would go with your HRM more than online calculators which tend to be on the high side.
  • just complete week 1 day 3....i hate running man...urgh...i have a question jillian says have one light and one pair of heavy weights... i switch from 2 pounds to 5 pounds in btw the exercise.....wat do you guys doo ???

and wat are you guys doing about your diets....im eating everythin dat i love but portion control...wat about you guys...

7854005.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I use 3 pound weights on the first and third circuit, five pound weights on the second circuit (dead lifts). Probably why the back of my thighs are burning today. As far as eating, I practice portion control and try to keep within 1200-1400 calories. I'm also limiting how much red meat I eat and focusing on veggies, whole grains and fish.
  • Ifly4free
    Ifly4free Posts: 203 Member
    Completed Day2/week 1..

Tracy
  • Completed Week 1 Day 3!
  • Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    Completed w1d3-342 cal burned
    Also did day 6 of kb&t-406 cal burned

As far as my diet...well it's crap. I don't practice good willpower and and most the time I just don't care. Its something I'm working on. I probably would of reached my goal by now if i practiced better eating, but Im kinda taking it slowly. And I don't cut my calories low.im also still breastfeeding so I'm pretty much still enjoying whatever I want to eat without gaining. But she doesnt nurse very often anymore, so i need to start being careful.The past two days I've gone crazy with Halloween candy, and I paid for it by a terrible stomach ache..you think I would learn. Lol

Sambo004- thank you. I still have a long way to go. That's why I recently started running. And hopefully get heavier weights if I ever get money. Lol. I'm hoping to get insanity for Christmas :) And yes I achieved most of this by doing her videos. I've done the shred, and ripped a couple times I also have her banish fat boost metabolism,6week6pack, yoga meltdown, and killer buns and thighs. So there are times when I just mix everything up. I also use Tony hortons 10 minute trainer DVD for when I'm short on time. Killer buns and thighs is amazing! Everyone should get it

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    Ok I completed D1 for me. OMG, that was killer. The running man was really hard cuz of the exercises around it. But the second round of ab work was better than the first for me. I also felt a sense of wanting to throw up during the cool down but once finished and I drank some water and sat down I was fine.

Do you check it randomly throughout your workout? Sometimes mine will lose the signal and I'll have to pause it to resend the signal