Hi again! im back!

Options
:smokin: hello!
i use to have an account but i changed it cuz i had not been on for a long time and so i thot id get a brand new start on here again. So here i am.
I have lost and gained weight since being off here but im on a new diet and its working great so far. I was 110 lbs and now im 104. my goal was to lose 10 lbs and im almost there so im really happy right now with that. :happy:
This week starting Today im going on the cabbage soup diet for a week and we'll see how that goes as well. Basically im going to try to stick with coffee/ cabbage / spices / water / and low calorie liquids.
WISH ME LUCK !

ps: its good to be back :)

184018.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

Replies

• Thinspired
    Options
    :smokin: hello!
    i use to have an account but i changed it cuz i had not been on for a long time and so i thot id get a brand new start on here again. So here i am.
    I have lost and gained weight since being off here but im on a new diet and its working great so far. I was 110 lbs and now im 104. my goal was to lose 10 lbs and im almost there so im really happy right now with that. :happy:
    This week starting Today im going on the cabbage soup diet for a week and we'll see how that goes as well. Basically im going to try to stick with coffee/ cabbage / spices / water / and low calorie liquids.
    WISH ME LUCK !

ps: its good to be back :)

184018.png
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome back!

Have you ever tried that cabbage soup diet before? I am thinking of something like that just to lose the stinking 1.5 lb that I have left to one of my goals.

Do you mind it I ask how tall are you? I just ask because I would like to be 100lbs and everyone tells me that isn't healthy (I'm only 5'2"). My weight loss has slowed since I entered the 120s and I am desperate.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Thinspired
    Options
    not at all :smile:

i'm 5'6"
    i hate being that tall, adds just that much more weight to me lol
    but no i have never tried the cabbage soup diet before.
    It's only suppose to be done for 7 days (1 week)
    And your not suppose to eat anything else but that.
    You can put different spices in the soup though to add flavor.
    After i get sick of that i read that mixing maple syrup in water is good for you, and it actually tastes good.
    Lemon water as well, but use the natural flavors, not the Splenda; cuz pleda is bad for you actually.
    And also honey in water as well. Its not cheap but its really really good for you and will fill you up along with getting rid of your sweet tooth cravings.
    :flowerforyou:

sorry if that was too much but i def know what its like to be so close to your goal and be dieing to get to it.
    How many lbs do you have yet to lose?

184018.png
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and good luck on your weight loss journey. :flowerforyou:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Good luck with that. Personally I'd stinker my head off eating all that cabbage and coffee, plus gain back any pound I lost when I got off that "diet"....but to each his own. Mini meals, portion control and giving up all fast food worked best for me.
  • Thinspired
    Options
    Yeah the fast foods really get you. :grumble:
    But when i say im dieting with the cabbage and no breads i plan on sticking with it for a long time. I consider it a life changing diet which means you dont just do it a few weeks then stop. Obviously the moment you stop the diet your going to gain all the weight back again. I just started the soup diet with the cabbage and its not very good at all. lol
    i have lost 1 lb. but thats not very good. and my goal still remains.

Goodluck to you all ! :smokin:

184018.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • lynniejones
    Options
    So you are saying you are going to eat cabbage soup as a way of life?

Like. Forever?
  • lynniejones
    Options
    not at all :smile:

i'm 5'6"
    i hate being that tall, adds just that much more weight to me lose

184018.png

My daughter is 4'11 and the same weight as you and is quite thin, I can't imagine a single ounce of fat on you to have to worry about.
    Lynnie
    who is still grossing out over cabbage soup.
  • 3boyzmom
    3boyzmom Posts: 18
    Options
    okay...I am not Racheal Ray...how do you make cabbage soup?
  • fatstrat
    fatstrat Posts: 216
    Options
    i'm 5'6"

Listen, I don't mean to be harsh or mean, but I am going to be blunt.

That's not the right way to think about health and fitness. Taller people are going to weigh more, it DOESN'T mean taller people are less healthy because of it. You are too concerned with that single statistic and not considering what a healthy weight for your height is. At 21 years of age, 5'6" and 103 pounds you are at least twenty pounds underweight already. Its apparent in your avatar, even without the figures you've given us.

A cabbage soup diet is NOT a healthy lifestyle change. If you REALLY think this is a healthy way to live, then prove it by seeing a real doctor and getting his or her approval on your weight loss plan.

Again, I don't intend to be mean. I just hate seeing young people with a future do things that can potentially KILL them. Ever hear of Karen Carpenter? If you can't control your drive to be too thin, then please get help. :frown:

As far as a "cabbage soup" diet is concerned, if there was a safe, effective, easy, and permanent shortcut for weight loss none of us would have to ask about it as it would be common knowledge. :noway:
  • lynniejones
    Options
    i'm 5'6"

Listen, I don't mean to be harsh or mean, but I am going to be blunt.

That's not the right way to think about health and fitness. Taller people are going to weigh more, it DOESN'T mean taller people are less healthy because of it. You are too concerned with that single statistic and not considering what a healthy weight for your height is. At 21 years of age, 5'6" and 103 pounds you are at least twenty pounds underweight already. Its apparent in your avatar, even without the figures you've given us.

A cabbage soup diet is NOT a healthy lifestyle change. If you REALLY think this is a healthy way to live, then prove it by seeing a real doctor and getting his or her approval on your weight loss plan.

Again, I don't intend to be mean. I just hate seeing young people with a future do things that can potentially KILL them. Ever hear of Karen Carpenter? If you can't control your drive to be too thin, then please get help. :frown:

As far as a "cabbage soup" diet is concerned, if there was a safe, effective, easy, and permanent shortcut for weight loss none of us would have to ask about it as it would be common knowledge. :noway:

Well said. I concur.
  • Thinspired
    Options
    I don't consider myself an all around fat person obviously.
    I have bits on my body i want to lose weight like anyone else.
    I have what they call "back fat" (muffin top)
    And my legs are not in that great a shape and i would prefer for my stomach to be flatter, along with the fat that dangles from my upper arm lol.
    I don't plan on cabbage soup for the rest of my life.
    In fact i already broke that diet this week from taking my mum out to dinner for her birthday today.
    But i did stay with a very small salad, 4 croutons, 1 black olive, Italian dressing, bits of carrot, and a small glass of wine with a coffee on the side.
    Soooo im hoping that didnt really brk my diet cuz i didnt however order dessert.

For a snack i also had 3 dill pickles which run 5 calories each, but you have to watch the sodium.

Im not trying to be unhealthy here. I just know how i look and i know other people see me differently than i see myself. But i have goals to set and i know i want to feel comfortable in my skin and i know i just am not at 103.

thank you for your concern though :)

184018.png
  • Thinspired
    Options
    Oh! & to answer the cabbage soup recipe thing. Im not sure if you "have" to make it a certain way. But i herd that it's like 50 cal. So i like to put bits of cabbage in a pan of boiling water. Let it simmer for a moment, then i eat it just like that in a bowl, or to add flavor i'll add a tea bag of organic chi tea (0cal.)
    It gives it a little flavor. Plus you dont need a drink with your soup then, it's already mixed in.
    :wink:

184018.png