juice fast

For some dumb reason I just did a 7 day juice fast , and I was cycling everyday of the fast, so I am wondering if my metabolism will only be slightly lower or drastically lower? while lookinig for this answer i stumbled upon this site and have spent about 3 hours (yah im a loser i know lol) reading posts here and saw some ones regarding fasting but none of them approached the issue of if you exercised during the fast.. eeek will i gain the weight back? im starting at 800 calories today, 1000 tomorrow, and going into the suggested 1250 on thursday towards my start for a new me... but if anyone knows pls help answe rmy question!

Replies

• For some dumb reason I just did a 7 day juice fast , and I was cycling everyday of the fast, so I am wondering if my metabolism will only be slightly lower or drastically lower? while lookinig for this answer i stumbled upon this site and have spent about 3 hours (yah im a loser i know lol) reading posts here and saw some ones regarding fasting but none of them approached the issue of if you exercised during the fast.. eeek will i gain the weight back? im starting at 800 calories today, 1000 tomorrow, and going into the suggested 1250 on thursday towards my start for a new me... but if anyone knows pls help answe rmy question!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,932 Member
    Reborn2008,

I sincerely hope you will get some positive replies and suggestions from mfp members here. Fasting is a VERY hot topic here on these boards. It seems that you have realized it wasn't the best route for you.

As far as weight gain now: you may gain some back, but you couldn't have kept doing the fast for much longer and maintained health. If you stay wit the myfitnesspal WEBSITE suggestions by filling in all your diet and exercise, plus BMI settings, you should see a steady 1-2 pound loss per week.

Take all comments here with a grain of salt and educate yourself using accredited medical or nutritionists advice. WebMD is good, so is mayoclinic.com. You can purchase or check out from the library current publications regarding weight-loss.

You will be ok! Stick with us.

~Cheryl
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I doubt in a week you did any long term damage.

I'm amazed that you could work out, though. That's some stamina you have.

Everything that Cheryl says above is true.

Seek your own info from reputable sources. There is a lot of craziness out there. Also, this website is to be trusted. Eat all the calories it gives you, including the workout calories. (up them gradually if this is hard for you.)

I think a lot of people (hey, me too) "overthink" this process. Be honest with yourself using the tools here, and the math is in your favor.

Good luck to you in your goals.:flowerforyou: