Bring your crockpot/slow cooker recipes

Replies

• SouthernArt77
    SouthernArt77 Posts: 265 Member
    Crockpot Buffalo Chicken
    4 - 6 individual boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1 jar of Buffalo Wing Sauce (or make your own), divided in half
    1/2 pack of dry ranch dressing mix (e.g., Hidden Valley)
    2T butter (I don't use this, but some people prefer it)

Mix dry ranch dressing mix and 1/2 jar of buffalo wing sauce
    Spray inside of crockpot with Pam or something like that
    Put in chicken breasts
    Cover with sauce (if you want to use butter, throw it in there too)
    Cover and cook on low for 6 hours
    When it's done, you can add more sauce to your taste, shred it and put it on buns (thins or other) or do like I do and shred it an put it on top of a salad.

This is right up my alley. I definitely want to try it. Thanks!!

Here's one of my favorite crock pot recipes. It's not for those who are watching their sodium, but otherwise it is really good!!

Crockpot Italian Chicken Sandwiches

3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1 envelope Good Seasons Italian salad dressing mix
    1 envelope onion soup mix
    1 teaspoon garlic
    1 jar (11 1/2 fl. oz.) pepperoncini peppers

Put all chicken in a crockpot sprayed with Pam. In a bowl mix remaining ingredients (with pepperoncini juice and all) together, being careful not to break up the peppers. Pour all over chicken and cook for 8 to 9 hours on low. No peeking!

When done, pick out the peppers and put in a serving dish to use on sandwiches for those who like hotter sandwiches. Using a sturdy spoon break up the chicken; it is very tender.

Serve on buns for delicious sandwiches!
  • saral89
    saral89 Posts: 108 Member
    BUMP!!!
  • cbonuz
    cbonuz Posts: 63
    bump
  • jessicanottingham
    jessicanottingham Posts: 22 Member
    I can't wait to try this one!! I've heard very good things about it.

Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili

Ingredients:

* 1 onion, chopped
    * 1 16-oz can black beans
    * 1 16-oz can kidney beans
    * 1 8-oz can tomato sauce
    * 10 oz package frozen corn kernels
    * 2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
    * 1 packet taco seasoning
    * 1 tbsp cumin
    * 1 tbsp chili powder
    * 24 oz (3-4) boneless skinless chicken breasts
    * chili peppers, chopped (optional)
    * 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Directions:

Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker. Place chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Top with fresh cilantro. Also try it with low fat cheese and sour cream (extra points).

Servings: 10 • Size: 1 1/4 cups • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 203.7 • Fat: 1.4 g • Carb: 33.3 g • Fiber: 10.0 g • Protein: 16.9 g

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/11/crock-pot-chicken-taco-chili-4-pts.html

A friend of mine makes this on a weekly basis and suggests using the spicy taco seasoning to give it a little more zip. Yum!!!
  • Check out the recipe book "Make it Fast, Cook it Slow" - it's around 350 slow cooker recipes. I LOVE my slow cooker cuz I can put pretty much anything in it and it all turns out fabulous =D She also has a blog if you google it. ^_^
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,020 Member
    Tom Venuto asked, on his FB page, "chicken breast is a bodybuilding - lean body staple food... what's your favorite way to herb, marinate, flavor, etc. yours?"

Scott Tousignant posted "We cook our chicken in a slow cooker quite often. Placing a frozen whole chicken in a slow cooker with lots of cut up sweet potatoes spread all around it makes for a delicious dish. The chicken ends up tasting like candy as it picks up the flavor of the sweet potato."

We tried this last night... frozen, straight from the freezer chicken (pulled out the innards part way through), plus a couple of sliced sweet potatoes... on high for two hours then on low for 6 hours...

SCRUMP DIDDLY UMPTIOUS!!!!

Next time we're going to try it with yams.
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    http://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/217039/slow-cooker-ropa-vieja-weight-watchers/

This is soooo good with one or two small low carb tortillas or over brown rice. It is worth the effort to prepare and a whole serving is only 300 calories.
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    BUMP - I'm getting a crockpot (or slow cooker as they are known here in the UK) next weekend - can't wait!
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    http://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/217039/slow-cooker-ropa-vieja-weight-watchers/

This is soooo good with one or two small low carb tortillas or over brown rice. It is worth the effort to prepare and a whole serving is only 300 calories.

This makes A LOT - great for a family dinner. We usually get 2 - 3 meals out of it and we are a family of 4.
  • keesh1123
    keesh1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Bump :smile:
  • Brook70
    Brook70 Posts: 164
    Bump! Thank you.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    bump
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    I made crockpot cheeseburger today! So delish!

1.5 pounds lean ground beef
    3 oz velveeta
    1/2 yellow onion
    3 tsp yellow mustard
    3 tsp ketchup
    3 Tblsp pickle relish
    2 clove garlic
    1 tsp hamburger seasoning

Dice bacon and cook in skillet. Remove bacon leaving juices in pan. Add onion and garlic. Cook through. Remove from pan. Add ground beef. Cook through and add back in bacon, garlic, onion and seasoning. Mix well. Put into crock pot. Add mustard, ketchup, relish and stir. Cut cheese into small squares and place on top of meat mixture. Cook on low for 3 hours. stirr occasionally to mix in cheese. Makes 6 servings

I like to eat it just "as is" Is also good on buns, tortillas or with noodles.

Nutrition info "as is":
    253 Cal
    13g fat
    27g protein
    693 sodium
    3 sugar
  • ange0628
    ange0628 Posts: 39 Member
    Amazing, I love this thread!!!!!
  • Bump
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    A few weeks ago I picked up a slow cooker cook book at a used book store. Normally when I buy cookbooks, I only glean 1 or 2 recipes, but I found myself earmarking several ones from this book. It's called Slow Cooker Magic by Linda Rehberg and Lois Conway. You might know these authors from their bread machine cookbooks, which I also own. Anyway, what I like mostly about these recipes is that they don't rely on cream of --- soups, just real ingredients. They have savory and dessert recipes too. The one thing I don't like is they don't provide the nutrition info, but you can easily plug that in here to see(which is what I did). Most of the recipes are pretty healthy or can be altered to made more healthy. Anyway, I thought I'd pass that along.

Btw, I have the Irish Lamb Stew in my crockpot right now. There's a lamb stew recipe in the cookbook too and I sort of took elements of both to make it my own. For instance the one posted here from skinny crockpot has you add parsley at the end but the one in the book has you add rosemary. I happen to have a ton of fresh rosemary from my garden and think it goes great with lamb so that's what I am using. I am also using beef broth instead of chicken. I'll let you know how it turns out!
  • goelvira
    goelvira Posts: 54 Member
    Thanks for all the yummy recipes!! Can't wait to try them!!
  • bump
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Bump!
  • Cbcarter08
    Cbcarter08 Posts: 33 Member
    BUMP