New Year Challenge

I just did a search, and it seems all the New Year's Challenges are closed... anyone wanna be brave and start one? And before you ask, I work two jobs, volunteer with a kids choir, and I'm a mommy to a 6 month old. NO. Lol :)

Replies

• mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 231 Member
    HAHA!
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    come on, melinda!
  • madyncaden
    madyncaden Posts: 312 Member
    i'll be in on it, but can't run it :) keep me posted if it starts!!!
  • jennajava
    one ads as closed but will probably take you- esp because you're in mommy challenge-- msg me for details.
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    I will like to participate, but can't commit to run it,
    Let me know if it start
  • Morning all!
    I would love to get in on this challenge. I'm kind of getting restated and new to my fitness pal online. Little bit about me. I lost 60 lbs on Jenny Craig while working as a consultant for the company. Since this past Feb I have been working for a different company where majority of the time I am tied to my desk. I have only gained about 10 lbs back since Feb. But I am still about 25 lbs away from my original Jenny goal and can't seem to get through the wall in front of me. My main issue has been motivation to do activity, to be honest I'm just lazy, lol. As for food I am good, just because I used to eat sleep and breathe weight loss due to working for a weight loss company. I have a cruise coming up in a month and know I must buckle down. accountability is the key and would love to have a group to be accountable to, not to mention being able to help you all on your journey as well.
  • jennajava
    Morning all!
    I would love to get in on this challenge. I'm kind of getting restated and new to my fitness pal online. Little bit about me. I lost 60 lbs on Jenny Craig while working as a consultant for the company. Since this past Feb I have been working for a different company where majority of the time I am tied to my desk. I have only gained about 10 lbs back since Feb. But I am still about 25 lbs away from my original Jenny goal and can't seem to get through the wall in front of me. My main issue has been motivation to do activity, to be honest I'm just lazy, lol. As for food I am good, just because I used to eat sleep and breathe weight loss due to working for a weight loss company. I have a cruise coming up in a month and know I must buckle down. accountability is the key and would love to have a group to be accountable to, not to mention being able to help you all on your journey as well.

Did you read the OP? I'm not starting a challenge. :)
  • oh sorry I didn't realize. opps :)
  • mrivera713
    I'm having a hard time trying to figure out all the challenges I'm in. I wish I could separate my topics and could have folders!

I'm on a 500 mile challenge, a 100 day logging challenge, a 9 week Holiday challenge, and the New Year New You Challenge, plus I'm training for the 12/17th Jingle Bell Run (5k) goal to get it done in 40 minutes...

What kind of challenge should I start? Let's see.... How about Weights? All of this stuff is cardio.... How about a challenge that will get us building some muscles to help burn our fat???? Would anyone be interested in that type of challenge?
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    I am always up for a challenge. I find they push me more than I would normally do BUT dpn't think I could actually start one myslef lol. If anyone does start one you can count me in :flowerforyou:
  • missinmybiscuits
    missinmybiscuits Posts: 100 Member
    I could handle running a challenge -- what do you ladies want to see? Exercise goals? Calorie goals? Just general support? Let me know and I'll set something up.

Personally, I'm running a 5K on New Year's Eve... so I am setting training goals left and right. Give me some feedback and I'd be happy to get it up and running!
  • mrivera713
    We have a leader! Woohoooo! Etholden, count me in. I have a 5k 12/17th and then I am hoping to know what's going on in January for me. So I would like exercises... But I'll do whatever... :)
  • I would also love to be in a challenge. I have actually not be a part of one yet, but would love to work on that! :) Hit me up when it gets going please! :)
  • jennajava
    I could handle running a challenge -- what do you ladies want to see? Exercise goals? Calorie goals? Just general support? Let me know and I'll set something up.

Personally, I'm running a 5K on New Year's Eve... so I am setting training goals left and right. Give me some feedback and I'd be happy to get it up and running!

YAY FOR ETHOLDEN!!! Calories burned, weight loss, etc. I don't like the ones with "miles" because I use other forms of cardio.
  • jennajava
    Maybe like % of weight lost?
  • missinmybiscuits
    missinmybiscuits Posts: 100 Member
    Let's do a combo of % weight lost (since that's the only real fair measurement) and then set a goal of calories burned. I've also got some great stretches that I'll pass along so we don't have injuries!

That should keep us moving... I'll post in here when I've set up the group. Glad we can work together ladies!
  • shamrock75
    shamrock75 Posts: 25 Member
    I would like to join!!! Thanks ETHOLDEN for starting the group!!! This will be a great tool to use over the holidays!
  • roxie_belle
    roxie_belle Posts: 45 Member
    OOOOooooooooo can i join please.......?? i have hit a plateau and really need some new motivation!!!!
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    I'm in!!!! Don't leave me out!!! lol
  • tiamaria8182
    tiamaria8182 Posts: 120 Member
    I'd like to get in on this too. I could always use some extra motivation.