STARS 9 WEEK CHALLENGE (CLOSE GROUP) WK 7

Hello Ladies!

November is our final month of the STARS challenge and we only have 3 weeks left. Our mini-challenges are a success and some lucky lady will get a E-CARD FROM MACYS.COM. The Challenge Biggest loser is the person who has lost the most cumulative weight over the whole challenge. Your starting weight, minus your final weigh-in. Now it's time to really step up your losing game.

If you haven't already done so, please check the “About Me” section of our Challenge page. Here you will find links to our "Rules and FAQ", our "weigh-in form" and "Team list" (also posted below).

Do not forget to participate in the Question of the Day (QOTD) on the thread below. NEW DATES HAVE BEEN POSTED ON THE UPDATED TEAM LIST (see below). This is a very important part of encouraging each other and also getting know other players. Please be sure to check here daily, including on weekends to answer the QOTD!

ALSO, ON YOUR NEW QOTD DATE, YOU WILL ALSO BE IN CHARGE TO POST A MINI-CHALLENGE OF THE DAY. EVERYONE IS ENCOURAGE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE MINI-CHALLENGE.

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR EACH PERSON TO WEIGH-IN FOR EVERY WEEK. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WEIGH IN ON SATURDAY. JUST MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE THE SATURDAY DATE ON THE FORM FOR THE WEEK YOU ARE WEIGHING IN. Also ladies we are looking for one more player if anyone knows someone please in-box me directly.

Weekly team results are below....
Individual Winner -
TIFFANY517 3.2 lbs for the BLUE team

Team Winner - CONGRATULATIONS TO THE BLUE TEAM FOR A TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS OF 8.2 LBS
2ND PLACE - PINK TEAM W/ TOTAL LOSS OF 7.2 LBS
3RD PLACE - YELLOW TEAM W/ TOTAL LOSS 3.0 LBS

This week as a group we lost a total of 18.4 lbs. We have a 4 week total weight loss of 162.1 lbs. AWESOME JOB LADIES

This week's BIGGEST LOSERS
Shydaisi
SarahMorganP
Gazer362
WFortner
sboo
6eighteen11
Nenabug
NaomiLyn15
Luvmybee

All winners deserve a huge shout out and virtual applauses. All individuals & team winners can add the winner trophy link on the profile page to their forum signature.

6322364931_06e90c66aa_b.jpg
Team by starsnyc21, on Flickr

Replies

• mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 231 Member
    YEAH! I have a partner!!! WOOHOOOO!!!! Welcome Melanie!!!! xoxoxoxoxo
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Congrats Tiffany and Blue team! Pink team oh so close...
  • nenabug
    nenabug Posts: 156
    QOTD for Monday, November 7, 2011: Where do you find peace? Do you take time daily to turn everything off and to just be alone with yourself to assess life?

Mini Challenge: Hold Plank (you can choose your version of plank - full, on your forearms, side, on your knees - but it HAS to push you) for 1 minute straight and repeat 5 times. Great core work!

I find peace through prayer, reading scriptures and just reviewing my day and the ways I have been blessed that day. The locations vary throughout my home, but I've found my closet and bathrooms I can find the quietest areas to be alone for 10-15 minutes. It helps me unwind the best and helps me to see all that the Lord has blessed me with. Focusing on the good helps me endure the hard.

I hope you all have a fabulous, productive and successful day!
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    QOTD for Monday, November 7, 2011: Where do you find peace? Do you take time daily to turn everything off and to just be alone with yourself to assess life?

I don't... I am sure this should probably change, but with being a single parent with a clingy child, I rarely get a moment alone. I am either working, working out, cooking dinner, cleaning house, doing laundry, answering questions, etc... I barely have time to take a shower. It is wearing on me a bit, but I keep telling myself this too shall pass...
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member

Mini Challenge: Hold Plank (you can choose your version of plank - full, on your forearms, side, on your knees - but it HAS to push you) for 1 minute straight and repeat 5 times. Great core work!
    I too enjoy my alone time with the Lord. Early morning after my workout and before my grandbaby arrives. I also enjoy the days we get to walk outside and just take in all of God's glory and beauty.

Congrats Tiffany and blue team.
  • mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 231 Member

I don't... I am sure this should probably change, but with being a single parent with a clingy child, I rarely get a moment alone. I am either working, working out, cooking dinner, cleaning house, doing laundry, answering questions, etc... I barely have time to take a shower. It is wearing on me a bit, but I keep telling myself this too shall pass...

My answer is the same, except I have two kids at home and one out in NY. I noticed yesterday that my 13 y/o son follows me around the house too. (We are currently in a temporary situation for good reasons that we share one room) So he is watching tv and the tv was loud and I had a headache so I went to the kitchen and grabbed a snack and sat at the quiet table and he came out and went to the living room and put the tv on and sat down to watch tv. Considering that my headache is not his fault, I just quietly finished my coffee and went back to the room. In which he then came to the room and turned on the tv and layed down next to me. Does the clingyness ever stop??? I noticed he does this A LOT! Yesterday I was good, I just asked him to lower the volume and didn't mention that he is following me around the house more than the 2 y/o baby does. I should also mention that my daughter SCREAMS BLOODY MURDER when I'm in the bathroom if she can't come in with me. smh

My peace is when I am out on a run/walk. I listen to my praise and worship music and I think about all He has done for me and mine. No better time in all the day as that moment when I'm lifting my hands to Him...
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member

Another good question. I find peace in a few places.... the first and foremost is spending time with God. I love to read my bible and talk to him about the things that are bothering me. I also like to spend time with my husband, he has a calming effect on me most of the time. Finally, I like to take some personal time. I actually feel the most at peace at the gym. I go alone, so nobody to talk to. So, I put my headphones in, turn up my ipod, and read a book while I work out. When I am done I am completely relaxed after a long day at work. Then I go home and spend time with Ben (my husband).

Oh geez, 5 planks. Yikes. I am only up to 1 right now. Guess I'll have to do it throughout the day. :)
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member

Ohhh, 1 minute planks are hard! For those that don't make it all the way, you can always do 30 seconds the hard way and then finish the last 30 seconds the easy way.

I get plenty of alone time when I want it - I think driving in the car (commute) or out while I am running with just my headphones on is the best. Half the time I just have weird little fantasies and that is very pleasant and relaxing.
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    CONGRATS to Tiffany and all the biggest losers this week:flowerforyou:

I find my peace in my faith and my home. I do have the time to turn everything off but I don't take advantage of it. This is why my weightloss efforts have derailed. I'm to strapped down with emotional baggage and I'm not taking the time I need to refocus on my energy.

Mini Challenge: Hold Plank (you can choose your version of plank - full, on your forearms, side, on your knees - but it HAS to push you) for 1 minute straight and repeat 5 times. Great core work! -

I will work on this. It reminds me of my Jillian Michaels days:cry:
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    FIrst off let me say CONGRATS TO THE BLUE TEAM!!!!! Way to go team. I am sorry that I was not a help to you and I will be doing my best to get there this week! I was out of town and just got back last night, so forgive me as I catch up:

11/3/11-QOTD: What part of your body do you struggle with the VERY most....you know the part I am talking about...the one that is always the very last to show improvement...the one you have the mental battle about all the time...saying "its never going to change...argghh" AND......what are you trying (and/or have tried) to improve it????
    This would be my inner thighs. Since losing so much weight, there is a portion at the very top that is loose skin and just hangs. I have thick legs to begin with, but no they are thick and droopy! I am working out trying to change the shape and my husband says he is noticing it is better, even if not great, I'll take any improvement, but Thank GOODNESS for pantyhose!

QOTD-11/4 What's your favorite strength training move? Why? Least favorite?
    I actually love leg presses. I feel so strong! But I dislike anything that requires stress on my knees. They are so bad!

QOTD-Saturday 11/5 I'm looking for some healthy but fun seasonal recipes! Share your must-have recipes for this time of year as the temperatures start to drop and the holiday season approaches
    OOh, I love comfort food, and when it gets cool that's all I can think about. So I guess Mac and cheese is my must have. I portion of mini Penne pasta cooked. Then I take 1/4 cup of 2% sharp Cheddar cheese, and 1 tbsp I can't believe its not butter and a little pepper. It makes 1 serving of gooey goodness. Served with a side salad its a meal.

QOTD-Sunday 11/6 Tell us something(s) about yourself we don't know.
    At one point in my life I had over 250 pairs of shoes. We took them out of the closet and lined them up and filled up the entire living room (we took pictures) then I selectively reduced them and sent them to the thrift store. I think I own about 100+ pairs now. My husband gave me a rule when we got married. I cannot buy a pair unless I donate a pair!

I used to be very religious and the sabbath was my day of rest. My life changed drastically and although I don't formally attend a church service, I think I take time to reflect when I am driving in my commute each day. It's my alone time without distractions.

OK, I will be trying this challege tonight (pray for me)
    Have a great day everyone!
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member

I am a type A personality and workaholic that had to LEARN how to be physically and mentally still. About 5 years ago I think I came pretty close to running myself totally into the ground. I found a great church with a focus on grace and faith and I started to learn how to stop trying to control everything and constantly be thinking and moving. For me it is like a muscle that must be excercised. I have to work at it. I find that I am able to find peace now behind my desk, in the car, a closet, on the treadmill or the potters wheel. I just had to laugh because I have been known to call my husband and son when they are in the field and say "don't you call me unless it is life or death for the next 30 minutes".

You got it. Love me some planks!
  • QOTD for Monday, November 7, 2011: Where do you find peace? Do you take time daily to turn everything off and to just be alone with yourself to assess life?

I feel like I don't do this enough. I barely have time for sleep, so I suppose that sleep is where I find peace. Every once in a while, I get time to myself to enjoy a movie. I find that very peaceful as well.
  • QOTD for Monday, November 7, 2011: Where do you find peace? Do you take time daily to turn everything off and to just be alone with yourself to assess life?

What a great question! I'm fortunate to live in a beautiful place, and looking at the ocean brings me peace and calmness.

Before I moved to Florida, I was very codependent. But I learned how to be by myself and now nine years later, I crave alone time!

Let's have a great week!!
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 922 Member

I guess the only time I have time to really think is when I am trying to go to sleep at night. And mostly then I am just thinking about what I have to do the next day or how I am not going to eat so bad the next day and how I will work out more. I am an atheist, so there is no talking to any type of higher power or any kind of prayer.

Most times I find peace in prayer! Problem is, it is mostly done when I go to bed; which means I fall asleep before I'm even done praying! Hopefully He still hears me!!!!!

Great question!
  • jnell82
    jnell82 Posts: 136
    Way to go everyone! Congrats on all of our accomplishments and making it this far!

In my car! I am a home visitor, so Idrive a lot. Being a single parent ( and preparing to start a Master's program soon), I don't get a lot of me time. Sometimes I blare my music, but a lot of times my car radio isn't even on. i love my car rides!

Challenge done (thank goodness!!!)
  • getitamb

I find peace with woking out. I like to go into my own world. I also like arts and crafts as well.
  • Wfortner
    Wfortner Posts: 77 Member

I find peace only with my Jesus..I love my Lord and spend each morning in His word before I tackle anything :) He is my peace, my comfort and my strength. He gave me this body and its time I take care of it. I am blessed that I can do all the things I do....such as running, exercising, etc I usually find my quiet time alone first thing in the morning before the kids get up and we start school.

I live on a lake and I love to sit with my coffee on the deck (unless its FREEZING) and look at the beauty all around me and think and pray and definitely "assess life"...

.....and mini challenge complete...almost killed me though...lol...!! Have a great day everyone :)
  • sboo
    sboo Posts: 170 Member

Sadly I find peace in my car sitting in the driveway listening to music. I try to find sometime to reflect on the days events, when I put the kids to bed.
  • getitamb
    Just stopped by to say awesome mini callenge. My abs were screaming by the end.