Hi Everyone!

I've been meaning to join some sort of online fitness journal for a while now and came across this one today. I like the way this site is set up. Plus I think it will be very motivating to read and share with others who are also trying to lose weight. I've got 45 pounds to lose. I can't believe I way this much! :embarassed: But I'm ready to do something about it!

Replies

• I've been meaning to join some sort of online fitness journal for a while now and came across this one today. I like the way this site is set up. Plus I think it will be very motivating to read and share with others who are also trying to lose weight. I've got 45 pounds to lose. I can't believe I way this much! :embarassed: But I'm ready to do something about it!
  • goingforgoal
    goingforgoal Posts: 25 Member
    I just joined this a week and 3 days ago. I lost 3 lbs on my first week and it was so motivating. I can't say today has been the best, but I have posted what I have eaten. In the past, I would never have done that. MFP is so easy and so much fun to track and you lose without realizing you've done anything. I have 30-40 pounds to get to my ultiimate goal. I have been away from it for 3 1/2 years now and I'm doing this THIS year!

182211.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi Autumn, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :love:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Welcome, Autumn,
    you've come to right place. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I started by planning my meals for the whole day and logging them in the night before, then sticking to the plan.

after that I started making better food choices, learning about clean eating, adding mor exercise, and doing other healthier things.

Take it one day at a time and take baby steps. you can't unlearn a lifetime of stuff in just a few days/

find a support group and check in with them every day and get to know them

good luck :bigsmile: :bigsmile: