Death on a Plate

2»

Replies

• Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Yikes!!!

Mine is death from a straw...
    I found out my favourite chocolate shake at Harvey's (a Canadian burger place) is 830 calories! No wonder I often felt a bit sick after drinking one of those!

This whole process has been an eye opener... today I bought these 5 calorie Jello cups - which I would usually not buy because they are loaded with dyes and additives, but I feel I need these low cal treats to get through this diet! Anyone else having this kind of struggle?

ME! I hate it but when i thought i was eating good by all natural i was eating tons of calS. Now its hard to find anything but veggies and fruit for a snack:explode:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    One of my favs from Applebees used to be their Southwestern Cheesesteak (? I think - something like that!) I had one of the guys in the office bring one back last fall when they all went there. Decided to look up the calories - was over 1200!! :noway: And that didn't include the sour cream and guac (which I ate - no prob with the guac though - so healthy!!) AND that was not including the fries and ranch dressing he brought me, and I ate! Now I order off their weight watchers menu - their Chili Lime Tilapia is awesome and less than 400 cals for the whole meal! :heart:
  • Man. I LOVE going out for Mexican...and my favorite were the Beer Battered Fish Tacos at On the Border.

Not only was it voted one of the "Top 20 Worst Dishes" in Men's Health Magazine, but they said, quote,

"Worst fish entrée: On the Border Dos XX Fish Tacos with Rice and Beans -- 2,100 calories 130 g fat, 169 g carbs 4,750 mg sodium. Imagine a dozen Taco Bell hard shell tacos at one sitting, and you're close to this."

Terrible. My God.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Yikes!!!

Mine is death from a straw...
    I found out my favourite chocolate shake at Harvey's (a Canadian burger place) is 830 calories! No wonder I often felt a bit sick after drinking one of those!

This whole process has been an eye opener... today I bought these 5 calorie Jello cups - which I would usually not buy because they are loaded with dyes and additives, but I feel I need these low cal treats to get through this diet! Anyone else having this kind of struggle?

ME! I hate it but when i thought i was eating good by all natural i was eating tons of calS. Now its hard to find anything but veggies and fruit for a snack:explode:

I find myself buying things I wouldn't usually buy (the Jello cups, 100 cal Orville popcorn bags, Mini Rice Cakes covered in this strange but tasty orange dust) and I don't let my kids eat it (that might tell me something!). I'm even buying Diet Pop in exchange for my previous drink of Pomegranate & Blueberry juice mixed with Perrier (that's how I make pop for my kids). I figure I can use this stuff to help me reach my goal, and then start cleaning out again.
  • :explode:

One Kentucky fried chicken breast is 440 calories---250 of those from fat !!!!!!!!!!:angry:

Needless to say, I had to say goodbye to my Kentucky fried chicken days. It's a 30 second drive from my office :grumble:

Lunch: 1 chicken breast, 440 cals, potato wedges, 250 cals, green beans, 50 :frown: Sounds good right..............sure it does!

Sooooooo, a 'light lunch' is more than half of the daily calories allowed....no need for dinner :laugh:

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Burritos from Chipotle. After my usual toppings, they usually came up somewhere between 1000 and 1300 calories.
  • BrendaH
    BrendaH Posts: 17
    But it is all so good:sad:
  • My ALL TIME FAVORITE from McDonald's is the crispy chicken meal (#7) and it is 880 calories!!! YIKES!!! My favorite from Wendy's is the chicken nuggets...the 10 piece is 460 calories! Just for the nuggets!!! Also, my FAV at Denny's for breakfast is the Heartland scramble...it has 1090 calories!!!! oh my goodness!!!!!!!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Nooooooooo OMG my favorite dish EVER is number one on that Men's Health list. I used to get 'em at Islands, but I have a feeling that they are exactly as bad as the Outback Steakhouse dish.

Cheese Fries.

CHEESE, DELICIOUS CHEESE, SMOTHERING CRISPY FRIES. DUNKED IN RANCH.

I always tell my little sister -- eat 'em now, because once you turn 30 you'll realize you just can't eat that stuff any more. But man oh man would I love to...
  • BigGirlB2008
    BigGirlB2008 Posts: 25 Member
    Almost anything at Jamba Juice, anything but "just coffee" at Starbucks, et al.

God I miss starbucks :brokenheart: I think i might be a bit of a Starbucks addict rofl so that has truely been a crapper not getting to get any hehe :sad:
  • pfisher
    pfisher Posts: 28
    My mom and I are watching calories. Normally I would eat two packets of ramen noodles for dinner. I didn't think they were that bad. but it turns out its like 190 calories for each HALF a packet! lol. so i was taking in 760 Calories each time lol. I can't even look at ramen anymore rofl.

It's no so much the calories its all the salt . It just adds to water retention. :grumble: