Ripped in 30 in November-Does anyone want to join me?

Replies

• Sambo004
    Sambo004 Posts: 549 Member
    Week 1 Day 2 done. I pushed myself a bit harder this time as I now knew what to expect. I did feel quite stiff in my hamstrings today, so it definitely did something yesterday. I'm terrified of W2 after reading all the comments. lol. Well, here's hoping I can cope.

Do you guys do 7 days of each level with a rest day in between? Or 6? I was thinking of doing 7 days with 1 rest day (i.e. 8 days on each level).
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member

Do you guys do 7 days of each level with a rest day in between? Or 6? I was thinking of doing 7 days with 1 rest day (i.e. 8 days on each level).

I do 5 days a week and move on...but, I also supplement with the elliptical
  • shellbell1993
    shellbell1993 Posts: 316 Member
    Week 1 Day 2 done. I pushed myself a bit harder this time as I now knew what to expect. I did feel quite stiff in my hamstrings today, so it definitely did something yesterday. I'm terrified of W2 after reading all the comments. lol. Well, here's hoping I can cope.

I am doing 6 days with a rest day and I try to do extra carido or mini challenges through out.
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Day three of week 2 done. I think I'm going to do a session of week one tonight also, just to see how it goes. I kind of miss the strength circuit that has the good mornings in it, lol.

I think, I'm doing 6 days of each level with one rest day (Saturdays), but to get up to 30 days, at the end I might do 6 more days - 2 days at each level :)
  • Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member

I do ripped 5 days, killer buns and thighs 5 days, and I run three times a week.
  • Just finished W1D4. I'm getting a bit discouraged in that I feel like I'm working hard during the workout and only modify a couple of times and do the advance in others but I'm not burning many calories. Then after I'm done I tend to recover rather quickly. My heart rate goes back to normal and I can breathe fine. I'm just tired a little and my muscles are a bit weak which is to be expected. I'm only on week 1 day 4 but I'm wondering if I should start week 2 tomorrow to give me a jolt. Then if needed I could go back to week 1 on Thursday. I started out burning calories in the 160s, the past 2 times it's been in the 150s and today it was 145. Any thoughts?

BTW, my name is Shelley too so it's weird hearing her say my name.
  • myskinnyjourney
    myskinnyjourney Posts: 50 Member
    i just did week 2 day 2 ...
  • shellbell1993
    shellbell1993 Posts: 316 Member
    Just finished W1D4. I'm getting a bit discouraged in that I feel like I'm working hard during the workout and only modify a couple of times and do the advance in others but I'm not burning many calories. Then after I'm done I tend to recover rather quickly. My heart rate goes back to normal and I can breathe fine. I'm just tired a little and my muscles are a bit weak which is to be expected. I'm only on week 1 day 4 but I'm wondering if I should start week 2 tomorrow to give me a jolt. Then if needed I could go back to week 1 on Thursday. I started out burning calories in the 160s, the past 2 times it's been in the 150s and today it was 145. Any thoughts?

It's awesome having the same name as the girl on there...then it feels she is personally training you!! LOL
  • summergreen487
    summergreen487 Posts: 131 Member
    Just finished W1D4. I'm getting a bit discouraged in that I feel like I'm working hard during the workout and only modify a couple of times and do the advance in others but I'm not burning many calories. Then after I'm done I tend to recover rather quickly. My heart rate goes back to normal and I can breathe fine. I'm just tired a little and my muscles are a bit weak which is to be expected. I'm only on week 1 day 4 but I'm wondering if I should start week 2 tomorrow to give me a jolt. Then if needed I could go back to week 1 on Thursday. I started out burning calories in the 160s, the past 2 times it's been in the 150s and today it was 145. Any thoughts?

Your burning less calories each time because you are getting in better shape each day. It means your heart isn't beating as fast as when you first started so you are burning less calories then when you first started.
  • Does that mean I need to move on or just push harder?
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member

Im doing RI30 5-6 days a week. My plan is to complete 30 days: Lvl 1 & 3~7 days, Lvl 2 & 4~8 days
  • nonconformist1
    nonconformist1 Posts: 31 Member
    W2d3 done
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member

Your burning less calories each time because you are getting in better shape each day. It means your heart isn't beating as fast as when you first started so you are burning less calories then when you first started.

Agreed, can you increase the weights....otherwise, move on to W2...who cares, it will kick your BUTT and Shelly is the advanced girl in that one.
  • Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    W2d2 done! Only 3 more days. Haha I like to count my days till I can rest and move on. I did much better today, I wasn't so slack. I also did c25kw3d3 and then ran an extra 15 minutes. Tried doing kb&t but only made it 20 minutes till my daughter pooped on the couch. And yea..,I just didn't feel like starting again after that

Also, my weigh in was yesterday, and ive lost about 1 1/2 lbs since starting
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Week 2 day 1, that was not as bad as I thought, but I definitely modified on the planks. My arms are going to hurt tomorrow!
  • I think I will try W2 tomorrow and see if I can get my HR up. I think I'll like having Shelley as the advanced girl because that will push me harder than her calling my name out as the modified girl. Here's something odd where I want my workout to kick my butt.
  • I'm loving Level 2!!! It's fun! :D
  • alidov78
    alidov78 Posts: 77 Member
    Glad i found a group to join :) this is my second time with ripped in 30, i did it back in june and really liked it. completed w1/d2 yesterday and am pretty sore in my legs today, as i was already sore yesterday....lo! hope to make it thru the workout today! i love the soreness....lets me know im working something! already dreading w3 & w4....those suckers are hard! good luck everyone!
  • I hope today my workout really does some work in me. I'm getting frustrated in the weight loss department. I lost a pound yesterday but went up .2lbs today. I'm going to do my best to push hard today.
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    i just did week 2 day 2 ...

I did that yesterday. And for some reason I am more sore this morning than I was after week 2 day 1. I felt like I pushed myself a little bit harder, but in doing that, I collapsed during the squat jumps!

And I cannot do a full crow push up to save my life!!