hello

:smile: my name is chris and of course i am new to this. I am interested in changing the foods I eat to primarily "healthy choices" but I am really unsure of which types of foods are really a must and what portions are correct if you can help me figure this out I would be greatful

Replies

• :smile: my name is chris and of course i am new to this. I am interested in changing the foods I eat to primarily "healthy choices" but I am really unsure of which types of foods are really a must and what portions are correct if you can help me figure this out I would be greatful
  • bj2007
    bj2007 Posts: 41 Member
    There are tons of advice books of course but for a fairly commonsense approach you might try this website which lists menu suggestions without requiring you to read/buy a book.

http://www.realage.com/doctorCenter/MealPlanner.aspx

Best of Luck!!!! :wink:
  • I like to buy the stuff that has the portions already seperated. I also love sweets so the 100 calorie packs of cookies and other stuff is good-that way I know I will only eat one portion. Best of luck!
  • Tyravis
    Tyravis Posts: 37
    :glasses: Hello and welcome. Ive found with portion control that this website has worked for me.Logging my calories has made me conscious of my portions and while logging this information i pay attention to how many calories each item is and then start staring towards lower calorie d items. Good luck and keep doing your home work and talking to people on this site.Were all in the same and together we will make changes.Good luck.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: