The begining....

I'm just about to start WK2 of the programme and not for the first time either. I'm hoping some accountability on here and your support will mean I follow through the end of the programme.

I've always wanted to be a runner since seeing the first London Marathon on TV when I was about 10. ( I still harbour the dream that I will participate one day!) So this seemed to be a great way of starting that journey.

WK1 was good - even by D3 I found my breathing to be a little easier, I wasn't praying for the end of the 1minute run section and I was moving quicker (or so it felt). So I am looking forward to going out tomorrow for W2D1

So my personal target for te end of 9 weeks is - to be running non-stop for 30minutes and to have lost 18lbs (8kgs)

Replies

• shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    I am starting week one (not for the first time either...lol) this week. I completed day 1 yesterday. I would love to run the NYC Marathon one day. My short term goal is to finish a 5K in less than 30 minutes (my first one was 39:54.61), my mid term goal is to complete a half marathon next October (my town just had their first marathon this year - Seven Bridges), and then long term goal is to run the NYC marathon.
  • I began W1D1 yesterday and I will be ready for W1D2 tomorrow just like Rebecca! I wish I knew how to make breathing easier while running. When I start thinking about it I get all out of whack! LOL!

My goal is to run 30 minutes straight without stopping and I would like to run a 5k in the spring (I'm going to start looking for one now so I have a goal!).

My family is going to Disney World in February and I'd love to be COMFORTABLE walking all day and feel GOOD!

As far as weight loss by the end of 9 weeks.....I'd like to lose 15 more pounds by then. It's going to be difficult with the holidays, but with support from my wonderful MFP friends I know it's possible!

I was just looking---week 9 will begin January 2, 2012. Let's plan on the end of our challenge being Monday, January 9th. Sound good to everyone?

Also--any recommendation for good running shoes? I need to get a new pair fairly soon!
  • I am at week 4 day 1 today. Running 14 minutes total, 4 minutes max intervals at 6.5 mph.

I am so excited to finish this!
  • Caerthilian
    Caerthilian Posts: 21 Member
    I had my first session today too, though I actually started with Week 2 by mistake! (I wrote the intervals down on my hand and must have copied the wrong ones!) It was ok though - I'm usually ok at this level, I just don't ever seem to get any better! And I have to say I paid for it at Pilates tonight - got a lot of cramp and problems with tight ligaments. It's age and decrepitude that are the problem.....and the 30 extra pounds......I'm planning on doing the 5k Park Run in Cardiff, Wales on Saturday Jan. 7th. and/or Sat. Jan. 14th. My PB is 41 mins. doing 2 min. run/walk intervals, which is so awful! I'm determined to beat it!
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    I had my first session yesterday starting (or should I say restarting) W1D1. I did two 5K that I walked a majority of last summer but am hoping to be able to run more by working the program in it's entirety this time. I only made it to week 3 a few months ago before I was waylaid by an injury to the ball of my foot. I want to be a runner so badly. I have these visions of doing several 5K then working my way up to perhaps a 10K. My biggest dream or desire is to do a sprint tri and running is my weakest area. I want medals!!!!! Lots and lots of medals from all over hanging around my neck!!!!!
  • Myzstarr
    Myzstarr Posts: 32 Member
    i guess im behind. i havent started yet but im about to get on it.... hehe
  • shydaisi
    I was just looking---week 9 will begin January 2, 2012. Let's plan on the end of our challenge being Monday, January 9th. Sound good to everyone?

I think this sounds great! I am going to put up a "starting weight and goals" post so it will be all in one place. Each week we can do a new one updating our weight loss progress. The other threads can house the C25K goals and progress and challenges.

• I think this sounds great! I am going to put up a "starting weight and goals" post so it will be all in one place. Each week we can do a new one updating our weight loss progress. The other threads can house the C25K goals and progress and challenges.

Works for me! :)
  • bobbi29
    bobbi29 Posts: 138 Member
    Today I finished w2day2-I very proud of myself because today I was planning to "run" at my lunch hour but I forgot my clothes. So that means I had to "run" afterwork but with the dread daylight saving it meant that I would have to "run" in the dark. The old me would said that she was going to do it and then flake out, but the new improved Bobbi LOL sucked it up and Did w2day2 I am so proud that I did not flake. Just thought I would share.

Far as my goals I would like to take baby sets first sign up for a 5k (signed up for one in March) to do a 10k, then 1/2 marathon then the ulimate goal is a full marathon.
  • jgreer0109
    jgreer0109 Posts: 45 Member
    I completed W1D1 yesterday. I have to say it was so much easier this time around than when I attempted it 38+ pounds ago. I'm excitied to find this group....I never even realized the end of the nine weeks would be January 9th. THAT'S MY BIRTHDAY. What better birthday present than to finish this challenge. My goal is to drop 12 pounds....I would really like 17 but kinda thought that was out of reach so I went with 12. I hope to compete in my first ever 5k in the Spring. I had someone suggest that I decide on which 5k I want to run in and sign up that way I have something to work towards.

Good luck to everyone! Can't wait to see how everyone (including myself) progesses.
  • shydaisi
    Today I finished w2day2-I very proud of myself because today I was planning to "run" at my lunch hour but I forgot my clothes. So that means I had to "run" afterwork but with the dread daylight saving it meant that I would have to "run" in the dark. The old me would said that she was going to do it and then flake out, but the new improved Bobbi LOL sucked it up and Did w2day2 I am so proud that I did not flake. Just thought I would share.

Far as my goals I would like to take baby sets first sign up for a 5k (signed up for one in March) to do a 10k, then 1/2 marathon then the ulimate goal is a full marathon.

Good for you for sticking with your plan and not flaking out! :)
  • xamyxx
    xamyxx Posts: 30
    i did my first day yesterday and was suprised to how much i liked it lol must say tho my breathing is shocking but i gave up smoking 21 days ago so its not going to be gr8 yet doing my next run this afternoon x
  • Today I finished w2day2-I very proud of myself because today I was planning to "run" at my lunch hour but I forgot my clothes. So that means I had to "run" afterwork but with the dread daylight saving it meant that I would have to "run" in the dark. The old me would said that she was going to do it and then flake out, but the new improved Bobbi LOL sucked it up and Did w2day2 I am so proud that I did not flake. Just thought I would share.

Good for you for sticking with your plan and not flaking out! :)

I'm impressed with the new improved Bobbi already! I'm looking outside at the pitch black - about to get the runners on myself - this way people can't see all the huffin' & puffin' that's going on :happy: