STARS 9 WEEK CHALLENGE (CLOSE GROUP) WK 7

Replies

• QOTD, Tuesday, November 8th: With the Thanksgiving season upon us, it's a great opportunity to share at least THREE things that we are thankful for this year!

1. I am so thankful that I married my best friend this year. He is such a good man, and I feel so lucky that he chose me to be his wife!
    2. I'm thankful that we are both employed in this down economy and that we are financially prepared for emergencies.
    3. I'm thankful for all of the people who are supporting me in my weight loss journey. Most of all, my fitness coach at the gym (his nickname is Silk, and he's got an amazing body and sweet personality - what a combo!), my hubby who works out with me and pushes me to run faster/longer and Rebecca (aka shydaisi) who has kept me going for the past 6 weeks! THANK YOU!
  • nenabug
    nenabug Posts: 156
    "Just stopped by to say awesome mini challenge. My abs were screaming by the end."

Way to push it girl!! It's a good pain right? For some reason planks make me feel like a rock star. I'm glad it worked for you!!
  • nenabug
    QOTD, Tuesday, November 8th: With the Thanksgiving season upon us, it's a great opportunity to share at least THREE things that we are thankful for this year!

AWESOME question!

1. My husband - he's practically perfect. Life is bliss - 6 yrs into this forever deal and we still feel like we're on our honeymoon.
    2. The ability to change - my body is stronger and healthier than it has been in years.
    3. the copious amounts of blessings I'm given daily by HF.
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    QOTD, Tuesday, November 8th: With the Thanksgiving season upon us, it's a great opportunity to share at least THREE things that we are thankful for this year
    1) My husband of almost 2 years. He is so loving and its amazing to feel like he truly wants to be my partner.
    2) My job; in today's economy I am truly blessed to have worked for my company 23 years and counting and make a really good wage!
    3) My health; After spending so many years not healthy, on so many medications and not being able to move, I am thankful everyday for where I am now.

Thanks for the opportunity to reflect!
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    QOTD, Tuesday, November 8th: With the Thanksgiving season upon us, it's a great opportunity to share at least THREE things that we are thankful for this year

I love this question!!!
    1. I am so thankful for my husband. He supports me in all the things that I want to do with my life and he cheers me on.
    2. I am thankful that I have a family that is close and love each other (on both sides; his and mine). And I just found out that I have an uncle that I didn't know about who was adopted out when he was a baby.... so my family just got a little bit bigger. :smile:
    3. I am thankful that my job has allowed me to travel so much this year. Vegas twice, Switzerland (and Ben got to join), and Singapore this week. What a blessing!
    4. I am thankful that I have been able to stay motivated to lose this weight. It is easy to lose sight of our goals when life gets busy, but I have been able to keep up my pace, and continually lose weight (even with all the traveling). I am now 5 lbs away from my new goal, and hit my original goal yesterday!!!!
    5. I am thankful for my annual vacation that is coming in just 31 days!!! Caribbean cruise here I come!

I could go on and on and on..... What a great question of the day. :flowerforyou:
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    QOTD, Tuesday, November 8th: With the Thanksgiving season upon us, it's a great opportunity to share at least THREE things that we are thankful for this year.

I am thankful for my son, my job, and my health. :)
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    QOTD, Tuesday, November 8th: With the Thanksgiving season upon us, it's a great opportunity to share at least THREE things that we are thankful for this year.

1. I am thankful for the freedoms we have in this country - one of the greatest is to be able to thank God for all He has done for me and my family.

2. For my wonderful husband of almost 32 years and for all of my family.

3. For the opportunity to be able to stay home and keep my sweet grandson (at least for now) after loosing my job in August.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    1) I am thankful that yesterday my boyfriend set up his MFP account and is logging!!! I just hope he sticks with it.

2) I am thankful for the middle class upbringing from my parents that allowed my bf and I to go to college and get stable jobs with regular paychecks and health insurance

3) I am thankful for all my friends and acquaintances at work, on MFP, and in my social groups. You all make my life happier.
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member

1) I am thankful for my family and my boyfriend. There is probably not one day that goes by where I don't say when someone is getting on my nerves but their love and support keeps me going and keeps me sane.

2) I am thankful for my job. I know there are a lot of people out work and facing difficult times. Even though I complain some days, I am so thankful that I have a job.

3) I am thankful for my health. I watched my 25 y/o sister fight for her life this summer and lose. I see now that our temples are a precious gift from the maker. Everyday I wake up and ask God for the strength, wisdom and determination I need to take care of my body. I know I can do much better but I know I'm in the process of change and that feels great.
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member

1. My family
    2. My church
    3. My business
    4. My friends (hey that means you crazy people too):bigsmile:
    5. My health
  • jnell82
    jnell82 Posts: 136

1. My children because they are all the reason I need to get out of bed smiling everyday!
    2. My job because they are hard to come by
    3. My wonderful family and friends (especially all of my MFP friends) because they are my rock!
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member

1. 53 pounds gone
    2. My family and friends
    3. A job
    4. confidence
    5. More independence
  • sboo
    sboo Posts: 170 Member
    QOTD, Tuesday, November 8th: With the Thanksgiving season upon us, it's a great opportunity to share at least THREE things that we are thankful for this year!

1. I am thankful for my husband of 11yrs. Without him, My current journey would be a lot harder.
    2. I am thankful for my life, I am just happy to be alive and enjoying my life to the fullest.
    3. I am thankful for my babies who give mama the energy to keep going.
  • QOTD, Tuesday, November 8th: With the Thanksgiving season upon us, it's a great opportunity to share at least THREE things that we are thankful for this year!

1. My amazing husband, who supports every crazy thought that pops into my scattered brain.
    2. My job, which is providing me with so much invaluable experience and guidance toward my future goals.
    3. My family and friends who shower me with love and happiness, even from 7+ hours away :)
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    QOTD, Wednesday, November 9th: Recently MFP instituted groups, and I am actually finding it more inticing than I thought I would. What groups have you joined, if any? Please share the links for your groups with the rest of us! :flowerforyou:

I have joined:
    - C25K 9 Week Challenge: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/219-c25k-9-week-challenge
    - Couch to 5K Running Program (C25K): http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/47-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k-
    - Sexier by Christmas: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/310-sexier-by-christmas
    and my favorite
    - Recipe Swap!: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/165-recipe-swap-
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    QOTD, Wednesday, November 9th: Recently MFP instituted groups, and I am actually finding it more inticing than I thought I would. What groups have you joined, if any? Please share the links for your groups with the rest of us!

I actually haven't joined any groups. But, I am going to watch these answers today to get some ideas for some to join. :)
  • nenabug
    QOTD, Wednesday, November 9th: Recently MFP instituted groups, and I am actually finding it more inciting than I thought I would. What groups have you joined, if any? Please share the links for your groups with the rest of us!

I have actually only done this challenge. I haven't joined any other groups mostly because I don't have the time. This challenge pushes me enough for now.
  • QOTD, Wednesday, November 9th: Recently MFP instituted groups, and I am actually finding it more inciting than I thought I would. What groups have you joined, if any? Please share the links for your groups with the rest of us!

LOL, the only group I've joined is "Nebraska!!"
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    QOTD, Wednesday, November 9th: Recently MFP instituted groups, and I am actually finding it more inciting than I thought I would. What groups have you joined, if any? Please share the links for your groups with the rest of us!

Well, I didn't know about the groups. So I guess I will have to check it out. Im still smarting from the removal of our signature stuff.
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member

This is the first time I am hearing of this so I have not joined any groups yet.