Graduation Announcements!

_Johanna_
_Johanna_ Posts: 125 Member
How about a topic for everyone to post graduation announcements? I know I'd like a place to share my happy news in two more runs ;)

I say we list the date we ran our final run of c25k, how it felt, and...what we plan to do in the future!

Congratulations to our current list of graduates!!!

***2011***
- realrayne10, June 25th
- shanighias, July
- flabulous4, September
- a_stronger_steph, September 8th
- herillussion, September 27th
- ASPhantom, October
- killagb, October 16
- drblythe, November 3rd
- u2fergus, November 3rd
- kterrell30, November 6th
- russelljclarke, November 10th
- Tobi1013, November 24th
- nborsh22, November 27th

Happy Running, everyone!

Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Excellent idea! This has been made "Sticky", and will be the spot to register your graduation date. Feel free, of course, to start your own celebratory thread as well.
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    I graduated in the beginning of October 2011.

My first 5K was September 5th and my time was 38:40
    My second 5K was October 29th and my time was 26:50 (second in my age group)

My next 5K is November 24th and I am hoping to beat my PR.
  • CaptainGordo

Excellent! Congratulations! :drinker:
  • _Johanna_

Congratulations - Wow - 26:50 is an awesome time!!! Good luck on your next race!
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member

Woah!! That is amazing - how fantastic did it feel to shatter your 5k time like that?!? Fantastic!!!
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    I graduated sometime early/mid-September (around the 8th, I think).

I kept on running 5k more or less two or three times a week, with times averaging around 28-30 minutes, depending on how energetic I felt.

My first 5k race was on October 29th, and I completely blew myself away by coming in at 26:09. My next 5k will probably be November 20th... I don't have high hopes of getting a better time, since I've no idea what the weather will be like, or what the course is like... but I will be thrilled to come even close to it.

Next goals: start upping my distance! I want to do a 10k and eventually a half marathon.
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member

I kept on running 5k more or less two or three times a week, with times averaging around 28-30 minutes, depending on how energetic I felt.

My first 5k race was on October 29th, and I completely blew myself away by coming in at 26:09. My next 5k will probably be November 20th... I don't have high hopes of getting a better time, since I've no idea what the weather will be like, or what the course is like... but I will be thrilled to come even close to it.

Next goals: start upping my distance! I want to do a 10k and eventually a half marathon.

That's Awesome! My intent is to start either Bridge to 10K or another 10K program after the Thanksgiving Race! I am excited!

Good Luck in your November Race, I bet you will do great!
  • CaptainGordo

• killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    I graduated on 10/16/11 myself and did it all on the treadmill at home. Now I'm transitioning to outdoors, basically just running as long as I can and then doing intervals after that, over a 5k distance. I hope to sign up for a 5k race really soon!
  • CaptainGordo
    I graduated on 10/16/11 myself and did it all on the treadmill at home. Now I'm transitioning to outdoors, basically just running as long as I can and then doing intervals after that, over a 5k distance. I hope to sign up for a 5k race really soon!
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    I graduated about an hour ago! Just carried on on day 3 of week 6 as it felt like the right thing to do. I feel bloody marvellous!!
  • _Johanna_
    I graduated about an hour ago! Just carried on on day 3 of week 6 as it felt like the right thing to do. I feel bloody marvellous!!

That's bloody fantastic!!! Congratulations!!!
  • CaptainGordo
  • drblythe
    drblythe Posts: 163 Member
    3rd of November was graduation day for me.... and i still can't actually believe I finished it!

At the moment I'm continuing to do the '30 min run' every second day to try and increase my speed and consistency.

I think eventually I'll go for round 2 and try and do the intervals at a higher intensity. but at the moment i'm just really happy being able to say that I run 5k three times a week :)

still a bit too scared to enter a 5k run though....with all the other faster people
  • CaptainGordo
    3rd of November was graduation day for me.... and i still can't actually believe I finished it!

At the moment I'm continuing to do the '30 min run' every second day to try and increase my speed and consistency.

I think eventually I'll go for round 2 and try and do the intervals at a higher intensity. but at the moment i'm just really happy being able to say that I run 5k three times a week :)

still a bit too scared to enter a 5k run though....with all the other faster people

Sign up! Don't worry about the rest of the field -- just enjoy the atmosphere and have fun! Remember -- you're already beating the 99% of the population that's still in bed at that time.
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    November 3 was my graduation day, as well! I'm planning on alternating training days between redoing parts of C25K to improve my speed, and doing Bridge to 10K to improve my endurance. I ran my first 5K race before I'd completed Week 9 (33:02), and I was NOT in last place, even with that time. So anybody who's afraid of signing up for a race because they think they'll come in last... you won't. There are people who walk the whole race (and walk it slowly), so if you run even a little, I promise you will not be last. Besides... the whole point is just to say you did a real 5K race and you did your best. I'm hoping to do another soon! :)
  • herillusion
    herillusion Posts: 62 Member

I was scared to sign up for a 5k because I am extremely slow (my fast time during my C25K was 50 minutes). But I can say that the other runners pushed me to try even harder and I ran my 5K in just under 45 minutes.
  • herillusion
    herillusion Posts: 62 Member
    My Graduation of C25K was September 27th and my first 5K was September 29th.

My goal has just been to run an entire 5k not worrying about speed. My best time during my training was 50 minutes but my time during the race was just under 45 minutes. The visualization of other runners motivated me and pushed me to try even harder.

I haven't ran much since then because of the cold weather and no treadmill at home; however I am going to continue with working out on the elliptical and stationary bike I have thru the winter and plan to get back out there running in the spring.
  • I graduated Nov. 6th. I will continue with week 10 through the holidays and start the freeway to 10k in January. Right now I'm really slow and hope decrease my run time for the 5k.
  • _Johanna_
    Congratulations to our current list of graduates!!!

***2011***
    - a_stronger_steph, September 8th
    - herillussion, September 27th
    - ASPhantom
    - killagb, October 16
    - drblythe, November 3rd
    - u2fergus, November 3rd
    - kterrell30, November 6th
    - russelljclarke, November 10th