Savannah, Georgia

jojopel
jojopel Posts: 348 Member
Hi everyone,

My family (husband and two teenagers) and I will be spending the Christmas holidays in Florida (driving from Montreal) and we plan on spending a few days visiting Savannah. Can anyone recommend fun places to visit?

Replies

• 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    They have like a broadway show there do not miss. Good as any in the country...Lot's to do there you will enjoy...
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Any other suggestions?
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Savannah - I'm thinking historic homes, beautiful courtyards, and food. I'm much more familiar with Savannah's sister city Charleston, but I do love both. So many home tours there! I'd check one of those out, and even though it's Christmas, their ghost tours are great (also good for seeing historical homes). My family says Paula Dean's restaurant The Lady & Sons is overrated, but tripadvisor.com can lead you to some great places that suit your taste. Just know that when you order tea, it comes sweet and over ice, and there is nothing we can't batter and fry down here. Seriously, when we go, we end up planning the entire trip around historic houses and food. Walking downtown around the courtyards is probably my favorite thing to do, and it's healthy and free.
  • bluecollarfrench
    bluecollarfrench Posts: 344 Member
    Savannah - I'm thinking historic homes, beautiful courtyards, and food. I'm much more familiar with Savannah's sister city Charleston, but I do love both. So many home tours there! I'd check one of those out, and even though it's Christmas, their ghost tours are great (also good for seeing historical homes). My family says Paula Dean's restaurant The Lady & Sons is overrated, but tripadvisor.com can lead you to some great places that suit your taste. Just know that when you order tea, it comes sweet and over ice, and there is nothing we can't batter and fry down here. Seriously, when we go, we end up planning the entire trip around historic houses and food. Walking downtown around the courtyards is probably my favorite thing to do, and it's healthy and free.

Was in Savannah last march, I agree paula deans is overrated. They also don't take reservations. Mrs wilkes is delicious though. I suggest checking that out. There is a place called the crab shack which is pretty awesome. Beautiful houses in the area, the waterfront walk on a weekend is pretty great as well.