Welcome!

2»

Replies

• ontheskinnyroad
    ontheskinnyroad Posts: 205 Member
    Ok it took my forever to find this link LOL any whooo

My name is Terri and today I will be completeing WK3. I have already signed up for a 5k next month and am really excited to run. I wish all you ladies luck.
  • curlygirlcami
    curlygirlcami Posts: 102 Member
    Hi! Just wanted to say hello! My name is Cami and my husband and I started this week, so I am on Week 1. So far so good. :-) I have always hated running and don't do very good running for long periods of time, but I am hopefully that with this getting harder and harder each week, I'll be able to do it!

It's great to see others doing it too! Good luck!
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Hello everyone! My name is Elena and I am on W2D2. I actually started C25K in early June. The day after my first run I played competitive badminton with a friend and blew out my left knee. After being bed ridden and on crutches for 8 weeks I started working my way back. I started C25K again and then I developed a viral infection that led to my knee swelling up horribly, enough that I had to have the fluid drained. Well after recovering from that I'm back to try again. This is the furthest I've got. I'm very slow but that's because I have to think about every move I make with my knee. I'm pretty sure I look like an extra from a zombie movie!

I've posted my weight goals and look forward to reaching the finish line with you all!
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Elena I am slow too but I have a quote on my office wall that sais "It matters not how slow you are going, you are still lapping the chick sitting on her couch". That is my mantra and as a short stack (5'2") I am never going to have the times my long legged friends do. I also have a right knee that gave me some trouble awhile back. I have been doing some exercises designed specifically for strengthening it for the last 6 months and have found them to really help. If your interested I would be glad to share them with you. I know my knee will be celebrating the loss of some more weight too:laugh:
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Elena I am slow too but I have a quote on my office wall that sais "It matters not how slow you are going, you are still lapping the chick sitting on her couch". That is my mantra and as a short stack (5'2") I am never going to have the times my long legged friends do. I also have a right knee that gave me some trouble awhile back. I have been doing some exercises designed specifically for strengthening it for the last 6 months and have found them to really help. If your interested I would be glad to share them with you. I know my knee will be celebrating the loss of some more weight too:laugh:

That is one of my fav mantras as well, along with 'A journey of a 1,000 miles begins with 1 step.' At 5'4" with all my shortness in my legs, my stride is very sad! I've been doing a few new exercises at the gym, I do the leg press machine and the extension machines, you know the ones where you lift weights or push them down? I can't do any sort of twisting or side motions as I have torn my ACL and that sort of dynamic motion is bad for me. That being said I would love to hear about your exercises, anything to get this knee functioning without having to have surgery!
  • tlems
    tlems Posts: 104 Member
    Hello all! My name is Teresa, and last night I completed W4D3. The first mile I completed in 14:15 and the second mile I completed in 13:16. I was SO stinking proud of myself, it seems i had been at 14:50 or so for the longest time. I am looking forward to hear your accomplishments!
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Hello all! My name is Teresa, and last night I completed W4D3. The first mile I completed in 14:15 and the second mile I completed in 13:16. I was SO stinking proud of myself, it seems i had been at 14:50 or so for the longest time. I am looking forward to hear your accomplishments!

Way to go!!! Just goes that sticking with it will pay off in the end. Be proud! :)