New to fitness pal

Options
I love sweets and am really serious about losing my weight for my health and looks. Hope to make a lot of friends along the way. I am 53 and an LPN. I would appreciate any tips/ advice. Will post picture later.

Replies

• helenlpn
    helenlpn Posts: 7
    Options
    I love sweets and am really serious about losing my weight for my health and looks. Hope to make a lot of friends along the way. I am 53 and an LPN. I would appreciate any tips/ advice. Will post picture later.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:

My advise is to log all food before you eat it, make sure you drink your water and exercise, watch your sodium intake, this site recommends no more than 2500 mg of sodium a day. Too much sodium causes water retention.
  • Vogue
    Vogue Posts: 15
    Options
    My husband and I buy the frozen chicken breast from Sams Club (similar to Costco) What I do is I have some thawing in the fridge usually marinating in something tasty. And I always have frozen veggies on hand ready to steam at a moments notice.

So when dinner is coming up around the corner and I don’t feel like making something big, I simply grab the pre-thawed marinated chicken and throw it on the grill or oven.

The veggies only take about 10 minutes to steam and with some Italian seasoning or garlic salt, they are ready to go. It makes for a low calorie, high protein meal. And keeps you full.

Also, I usually have cooked chicken that has been cubed in a container in the fridge, adding that to a salad make the salad a little more filling as well.

Another favorite of mine is a veggie spinach wrap. I add garlic salt and Italian seasoning to a lowfat cream cheese, with low fat sour cream, whip it up and use it as the spread for the wrap. Then I stuff it with veggies! Cherry tomotos, green bell peppers, olives, artichoke hearts, spinach and cucumbers!

I think it’s key to always have salad mixings in your fridge…pre-slice the veggies you like in your salad so that they prepped and ready to add to anything. I find that this helps with any “last minute” hunger strikes.

I hope that helps!
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Some advice: don't give up sweets, or you will lose control one day and go ballistic on them. Eat a small portion every other day, enjoy them, eat slowly, log in your food BEFORE you eat it, EXERCISE, drink water and mind portion size! No magic formula - just one that's easier than you think but harder than you might wish it were. You'll do fine :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

These are all great ideas. I suggest planning and logging your food the night before and then sticking to the plan so you don't have to make food decisions all day.

Exercise---find ones that you like :bigsmile:

drink water :drinker: :drinker:

find a group on MFP that you can be in touch with every day---your regular friends and family won't want to hear about your weight loss journey every day but your MFP pals will and they will share back with you. Look under motivation and support for a group to connect to

good luck on your journey. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: