STARS 9 WEEK CHALLENGE (CLOSE GROUP) WK 7

124»

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    QOTD, Friday, November 11th: Are you currently having to deal with any saboteurs on your weight loss journey? Maybe a family member, friend or co-worker? If so, how are you handling the situation in a positive way?

No, like sboo said I'm the only one who can sabotage myself
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    QOTD, Friday, November 11th: Are you currently having to deal with any saboteurs on your weight loss journey? Maybe a family member, friend or co-worker? If so, how are you handling the situation in a positive way?

I am the only person standing in my way. My family, co-workers and you all have been nothing but supportive, it's just me not finding the determine and strength that I need to get back on track. It's very depressing.
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member

Oh my gosh, YES!!! Most of my friends try to push bad foods down my throat. I think that it is because they don't have the motivation to do the same things. They try to guilt me into eating what they are eating so they feel better. I usually just stick with my normal diet and tell them no thank you. I don't let it bother me. My husband always says that it is just because they are jealous. I don't have some secret to ignoring them, I jsut do it.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member

No. The only person that I have to be cautious of is myself - I am my own worst enemy!

Mini Challenge done - my family rocks.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 922 Member
    QOTD Saturday November 12th: What is one NSV you have yet to reach that you are really looking forward to? What can you do to help get you there?

Mini Challenge: Anytime you think something negative today, (about yourself, someone else, anything) do 25 sit ups and 5 push ups. If you are somewhere where you can't just get on the floor and do these things just count how many negative thoughts you had and do them all when you get home!
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    I actually have very good support. I am so glad that my best friend decided to join me in this journey and has lost a wopping 67 pounds to my 34 pounds since last December. It has been huge positive for both of us!

QOTD Saturday November 12th: What is one NSV you have yet to reach that you are really looking forward to? What can you do to help get you there?

Nice one!!! For me, i think it is being able to run a 5K. I am not a runner, and I struggle with my knees being healthy, but running does not aggitate them as much, so I have been trying to run on the treadmill. I will be starting the C25K as soon as my doctor gives approval, then hope to actually run a 5K during the spring.
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member

I want to wear a size 10 jean. I am about .5 inches from it right now. Not sure what I can change to make it happen. But, I do think that when I hit my goal I will be able to wear all the 10's that are taunting my from my closet. I have added some weight training into my routine to help tone up my muscles and burn more fat. I am hoping that will help to change the shape of my body enough to get into those wonderful jeans.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member

My entire family are saboteurs. They aren't on purpose but I feel like nothing I do is ever good enough for my parents and they always reminding me of my failures no matter what I do. I hate that. And I really screwed up school and I ad to live hear so it's been hard. I'm ont really handling it positively. I am just trying to be a strong person and hope that in some area I inspire people to do something positive.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member

I have three. I want to get a new makeover. I want to take an entire day and do it. The Ultimate ME DAY. I dream about it and long for it. I want a new wardrobe and to go to Hawaii. I am going to buy me a charm bracelet and buy a charm for each ten pounds because I have had to overcome something each time. I am going to move on from past hurts and start believing I really deserve to be happy because it's things like that that cause me to emotional eat in the first place.
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member

I have a bunch of nice clothes the next size down. In another 2-3 wks I should be able to start wearing them again. I am tired of looking like Gravel Gurty and I refuse to buy anything else in the size I am now. Things are getting more loose though so I am optimistic I will get there soon!
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    I want to get back in my size 6 jeans!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Naomi I'm actually quite shocked that you can't wear a size 10 now! You look smaller than that.

I am going to steal from everyone else here - I absolutely want to be able to run a full 5k. I'm working on getting there - week 4 of C25k - theoretically we'll finish the program Xmas week but I don't think I'll be running fast enough or long enough at that point to do a full 5k. Probably won't be til Feb. We're going to do the zombie 5k in Temecula next october.

The other one is clothes - I'd like to get into a comfortable size 8 in nice clothes. I'm currently wearing a lose 12 in dress pants and a 10 in jeans. Ideally at the end I'd like to be a 6 but we'll see. For now getting into an 8 would be the smallest I've been since I was 143 right after college.
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member

I am shooting for a marathon. I am working towards this now by training to run a 5K straight through and to beat my personal record for completing a 5K.
  • QOTD Saturday November 12th: What is one NSV you have yet to reach that you are really looking forward to? What can you do to help get you there?

I just can't wait to go shopping with my "bestie" for new clothes!!!
  • sboo
    sboo Posts: 170 Member

I have a pair of jeans I refuse to donate. The day I can once again get into those jeans, I think I will be very happy. I am one whole size away, so I still have a lot of work to do. I am eating better, and working out more. I am slowly getting closer, but it is SLOW.
  • starsnyc21

I use to not eat pork. And I felt good about it. Now I eat bacon and ribs every chance I get. I need to go back to having control over this part of my life.
  • starsnyc21
    PLEASE NOTE THE NEW THREAD IS POSTED.