Polar F11 Info

REB89
REB89 Posts: 493 Member
Hey, for all of you looking at maybe buying a Polar F6 or a Polar F11 I suggest you take a look on Ebay. I just got a brand new pink women's F11 for $144 which is quite a bit cheaper than other places I've found. You can also get hold of F6's for around 100 - 140$ so definately wirth looking! Also, does anyone have a Polar F11, have you found it useful?

Replies

• REB89
    Hey, for all of you looking at maybe buying a Polar F6 or a Polar F11 I suggest you take a look on Ebay. I just got a brand new pink women's F11 for $144 which is quite a bit cheaper than other places I've found. You can also get hold of F6's for around 100 - 140$ so definately wirth looking! Also, does anyone have a Polar F11, have you found it useful?
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    ouch, that's not really a deal for the F6. you can get the F6 for $109 here.
    the F11 seems like a good price, depending on if that includes shipping though.

www.polardiscount.com
  • REB89
    could be wrong about the F6!! was looking more at the F11's :smile:
  • banks1850
    no worries. :happy:

Your going to love the F11 by the way. I have an F6 and it's my best friend.

One caviat, get ready to see lower calorie burn then you are used to on the machines at the gym. The Polar has always come in around 50 to 100 calories lower for my workouts, which is more of the true burn without throwing in my BMR calories (it already calculates out what you would normally burn for that time period by just being you and removes them from the total).
  • Michelrs
    Michelrs Posts: 21 Member
    I just got my F11, looking forward to using it.
    BTW, mine was a little over $100 including shipping. Found it on eBay (new) but it took some digging to find this price. I've seen other auctions, and it looks like I was very lucky to get it at this amount :laugh:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    One caviat, get ready to see lower calorie burn then you are used to on the machines at the gym. The Polar has always come in around 50 to 100 calories lower for my workouts, which is more of the true burn without throwing in my BMR calories (it already calculates out what you would normally burn for that time period by just being you and removes them from the total).

Banks,
    Songbyrdsweet posted a while back that you would still need to subtract your bmr calories from your count.....hmmmmm. Did you find this info on Polar's website? I so hope you're right.
    Thanks.
    Pam
  • banks1850

Banks,
    Songbyrdsweet posted a while back that you would still need to subtract your bmr calories from your count.....hmmmmm. Did you find this info on Polar's website? I so hope you're right.
    Thanks.
    Pam

I emailed them, and they confirmed it (took them forever to reply, but they did the other day). It already takes into account and removes your normal calories that you would have burned. So the calories you see on the monitor are JUST the calories you burn with the exercise, not your regular daily calories.
  • pam0206
    SWEET! Thanks.
  • ouch, that's not really a deal for the F6. you can get the F6 for $109 here.
    the F11 seems like a good price, depending on if that includes shipping though.

www.polardiscount.com

Thanks for the website Banks...

I just bought the F11 for $160 with free shipping. It will be here on Tuesday! I am so excited! :wink:
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member

Banks,
    Thanks.
    Pam

I emailed them, and they confirmed it (took them forever to reply, but they did the other day). It already takes into account and removes your normal calories that you would have burned. So the calories you see on the monitor are JUST the calories you burn with the exercise, not your regular daily calories.

My BMR is right around 60 cal/hr. So to test it I put my Polar F11 on for 15 minutes while just laying in bed doing nothing, and it accurately showed a burn of about 15 calories. If BMR was automatically removed than wouldn't I have burned zero??:huh: For now, I still subtract BMR, but it would be awesome if I didn't have to...
  • banks1850
    hmm, well here is the email I sent and their response. Maybe I read it wrong? You think they could have been a little more descriptive with their answer though. I guess reading it again, it could be taken either way, so blah on Polar for being so lazy!

this is what they sent

Dear Mr. H******,

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the late reply.

The OwnCal calculation does include the BMR.

If you need further assistance please feel free to contact Polar Customer Support via LIVE CHAT or PHONE by visiting the following link http://www.polarusa.com/service_repair/contactus_con.asp

Thank you for choosing Polar.

Customer Service
    POLAR ELECTRO INC.

This is what I sent:

Someone mentioned to me today that in order to find the calories that you burned from a workout you need to subtract your BMR calories for that time period (I only want the extra calories from the workout, not my base rate) Is this true? Or does the Polar already take BMR calories into account and subtract them when showing how many calories I burned?
  • lizard9800
    hmm, well here is the email I sent and their response. Maybe I read it wrong? You think they could have been a little more descriptive with their answer though. I guess reading it again, it could be taken either way, so blah on Polar for being so lazy!

this is what they sent

Dear Mr. H******,

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the late reply.

The OwnCal calculation does include the BMR.

If you need further assistance please feel free to contact Polar Customer Support via LIVE CHAT or PHONE by visiting the following link http://www.polarusa.com/service_repair/contactus_con.asp

Thank you for choosing Polar.

Customer Service
    POLAR ELECTRO INC.

This is what I sent:

Someone mentioned to me today that in order to find the calories that you burned from a workout you need to subtract your BMR calories for that time period (I only want the extra calories from the workout, not my base rate) Is this true? Or does the Polar already take BMR calories into account and subtract them when showing how many calories I burned?

You are right. That is a very lazy and confusing response. One sentence! I take from it that if the OwnCal DOES include the BMR that you still need to subtract it. I will see if I can get a better answer from them. It is a pretty big issue if you are out doing something for 8 hours and do/do not have to subtract 500 calories!!
  • pam0206
    You are right. That is a very lazy and confusing response. One sentence! I take from it that if the OwnCal DOES include the BMR that you still need to subtract it. I will see if I can get a better answer from them. It is a pretty big issue if you are out doing something for 8 hours and do/do not have to subtract 500 calories!!

Yes. Please let us know what you find out. Thanks. Pam
  • lizard9800
    I emailed Polar as well and received an even worse answer - they said they couldn't help me and I should talk to a personal trainer!! What?

So I took matters into my own hands and wore the device for an entire day minus sleeping. In 14 hours I burned about 1950 calories. Add about 600 while sleeping and that totals up to 2550. I estimated that through random exercises I burned about 500-600 of those calories which makes my normal daily activity burn about 1900-2000 per day and I think that sounds right. Therefore, it seems to me that BMR is in fact included in the caloric burn on the Polar and needs to be subracted. If BMR was not included than I would have actually burned about 4000 calories in one day which is not correct.

Hope that helps!:smile:
  • pam0206
    It does help, and I suspected as much. What a terrible response, though! :mad:

Thanks for working on it. I suspect that we may be splitting hairs, because it seems what we're all doing is working!
    Pam