New Members - Introduction

wayne4825
wayne4825 Posts: 166 Member
I'll start it off :D. My name is Wayne and my wonderfully amazing girlfriend is Lindsey. We are currently living in Hot Springs, AR and we are always looking to meet new people and make new friends with similiar interests. We enjoy hiking the most. We try to find new trails on a regular basis and currently since August have hiked well over 100 miles. We are recently looking at starting mountain biking as a new hobby so if you know of any great biking locations please let us know. The same goes for hiking trails or caves. Hoping to have a nice member base built in the group so if you know of anyone that has similar interest please get them added.

Replies

• amyd03
    amyd03 Posts: 129 Member
    hi waynne my husband and i live in nea. love to travel not so much the hiking, walking thing. We are getting there though.
  • wayne4825
    hi waynne my husband and i live in nea. love to travel not so much the hiking, walking thing. We are getting there though.

WELCOME TO THE GROUP!!!!

NEA is beautiful, I was up there a couple months ago for work and loved it. I want to come that way and hit some trails. My girlfriend and I live in Hot Springs, AR and we absolutely love the outdoors.

Hope to see some posts from you soon. Thanks for joining.
  • rosemiller11
    rosemiller11 Posts: 224 Member
    Hey there... I live in Harrison, so surrounded by lot's of hikin/biking/canoeing opportunities. I don't have a lot of time to get out and and do stuff like that, but wouldn't mind doing more of it! Nice to meet y'all.
  • Hi y'all! I'm Missy from Cabot area. I love living in Arkansas. It really is one of the most beautiful states. I use to love hiking trails and taking pics. Not so much anymore. My knees can't tolerate it. But I want to climb Pinnacle again so hopefully I can lose enough weight to be able to do that again.
  • wayne4825
    Hi y'all! I'm Missy from Cabot area. I love living in Arkansas. It really is one of the most beautiful states. I use to love hiking trails and taking pics. Not so much anymore. My knees can't tolerate it. But I want to climb Pinnacle again so hopefully I can lose enough weight to be able to do that again.

Pinnacle is an awesome hike. That was the first hike I made living in Arkansas. Welcome to the group :D
  • wayne4825
    Hey there... I live in Harrison, so surrounded by lot's of hikin/biking/canoeing opportunities. I don't have a lot of time to get out and and do stuff like that, but wouldn't mind doing more of it! Nice to meet y'all.

Welcome to the group. I took a scenic drive one day from Benton, AR, through Hot Springs, up scenic 7 to Harrison and from there to Springfield, MO. Very beautiful drive in the fall. I put almost 75,000 miles on my car in a year just driving. It's relaxing to me.
  • missy,

when you get "there", we should plan to go together. the last time i hiked pinnacle, it about did me in. it was a spur-of-the-moment thing and i wasn't properly hydrated (until recently, i've not been so good about my water intake). we went in the middle of the summer, without water, in the middle of the day. stupid on my part on all accounts, but i can't turn down a challenge. i got dizzy and weak really fast. i've lived in arkansas my entire life and i've had it happen many times before, but i was on the verge of a heat stroke. i won't make the same mistake twice, though. i can't wait for you to achieve your NSV!
  • i guess since i'm a part of this group, i should get on the ball about introducing myself. wayne is so good at it that i tend to think i don't need to repeat him, but looking at it, that's just rude of me. so, firstly, my apologies.

secondly, hello, all! i'm lindsey, 29, from hot springs. my family and i are avid hikers and we're always seeking opportunities to be active. we're prone to do the same things most of the time, such as hike the local trails or power-walk the neighborhood, but occasionally we'll mix it up and jog or throw a football back and forth. by all means, please don't think we're sports buffs. there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, but none of us possess an artistic flair for sports. we're hardly capable of playing with each other, nevertheless a team. that's meant in a light-hearted manner, i assure you.

wayne and i are getting bikes for each other this christmas because we've both always wanted to bike trails. we're going to get our butts kicked because we've concurred that we're chunky and out-of-shape. hiking is fine, any sort of walking is great. we took a day and i used his daughters bike (yes, i'm that short) and he used his old one (and it's evident that the thing has seen better days) and we took to a paved walking trail with a few hills. OH MY! it was horrenduous. we had our butts handed to us and i was sore for three days, lol.

we've never really had anyone join us on our adventures. we don't stop and talk about our feelings. we're the type that just keeps going until we're there. we'll remark and pause only for a breath or a drink of water (and the ever-beautiful breath-stealing scenery). we both enjoy pushing ourselves and "feeling the burn". when we hike, we move pretty quickly. we're not much for strolling, wayne and i. i think it would be fun to have some additions to our two-man show.

i think i've pretty much covered it all twice now. :) we look forward to everyone enjoying the group and making friends in their areas that can have fun. we will certainly message you if we're coming your way. with us, we don't really plan much. we just kind of look out the window and think, "oh, today's a nice day for a hike." as long as we both can get home in time to be ready for work, we're alright with stealing an hour, even 30 minutes to hit the trails.

happy hiking!
  • Almiel
    Almiel Posts: 61 Member
    Hi, my hubby and I live in Dallas and we come up to the Ouachitas for backpacking. In fact, we were there over Thanksgiving. We actually did a trail in Oklahoma but it's only 30 miles or so from Mena, AR. We also went canoe camping on Lake Ouachita last spring. We've done about half the Ouachita National Trail and hope to finish it. With hubby in grad school it's hard to get away though. I just blogged our recent trip if anyone's interested. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Almiel/view/a-tale-of-billy-taylor-173194
  • wayne4825
    Hi, my hubby and I live in Dallas and we come up to the Ouachitas for backpacking. In fact, we were there over Thanksgiving. We actually did a trail in Oklahoma but it's only 30 miles or so from Mena, AR. We also went canoe camping on Lake Ouachita last spring. We've done about half the Ouachita National Trail and hope to finish it. With hubby in grad school it's hard to get away though. I just blogged our recent trip if anyone's interested. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Almiel/view/a-tale-of-billy-taylor-173194

SWEET!!!!!! Next time you guys are in the area and need some backpacking buddies please feel free to contact my girlfriend and I..We love hiking, looking forward to canoeing when the weather is warmer and camping as well. Since August we've hiked over 160 miles.
  • Hey people! My name is Chip. My family and I live in Alma. I lived in the Fayetteville area until this last year. My family consists of my beautiful girlfriend and our boy. We enjoy spending time in the outdoors. It usually is close to the water somewhere, wether it's rivers, lakes, or oceans! We've explored most of the state parks in the area. Mostly from the river valley and north, both in Arkansas and Oklahoma, even over towards the east side of Arkansas! We really need to start working our way south. We bought a camper, and are planning on wearing it out! We're working on getting in better shape so we can enjoy our time in the great outdoors more. I've got quite a way to go. I need to drop about 140 pounds! Like most of us I've done it before, so i know it's possible! I would like to go mountain bike riding with our boy. We love to fish and play in the water! I haven't really got into hiking, but after I shed some weight, it might be fun. Well, that's enough about me for now. I look forward to getting to know everybody!

Chip
  • georgia313
    georgia313 Posts: 29 Member
    Hey y'all! I'm Georgia and I am current in SW AR. I split my time between NYC and AR. I absolutely LOVE the winters here :) I spent over 10 years in WI, with snow on the ground >5months of the year at times! I am able to get in 3 miles a day in this incredibly beautiful weather. I do have rainwear handy, so I can enjoy all the faces of mother nature- whether she wants me to or not.

I am very new to myfitnesspal. A friend of mine from ATL recommended it - it is a integral part of her training program. As a matter of fact today she completed the Disney Princess Half Marathon, my goal next year. I am leaving the south to go back north soon. But I come "home" throughout the summer periodically for some swimming and camping.

Nice to "meet" you. Be Well ~georgia
  • misswallie2u
    misswallie2u Posts: 28 Member
    I am beginning to think that this group isn't active anymore... there have been 3 new members (including me) in the last week and nobody has even said hello!

Hello Mr. Chip and Ms. Georgia... Welcome to the group even if it's not active any more. LOL

have a great day!

Hollie
  • wayne4825
    I do apologize for the inactivity. With everything in going on in my personal life and falling off track I haven't posted much on here but I am currently back in the swing of things. My fiance and I have been mountain biking over the last couple weeks and had a blast. There are so many trails here in Hot Springs and just to ride and look at the beautiful scenary is amazing. I would recommend it definetely.

Welcome to all the new members and I will definetely try to put more focus into the group.
  • arkansascountrygirl
    arkansascountrygirl Posts: 234 Member
    Hi my name is Katie. I live in Huntsville Arkansas. I enjoy playing outdoors with my daughter. love hiking in the woods.
  • razorbecky
    razorbecky Posts: 134
    Hi y'all, Becky here I'm in the little rock area and would love some Arkansas friends. We love the outdoors and are out camping a lot on the weekends. Feel free to add me
  • Happymom12
    Happymom12 Posts: 114 Member
    Hey I'm Wendy. Currently live in Harrison but was raised in Newton County on HWY 7 south very close the Cliff House Inn "The Arkansas Grand Canyon". It is very pretty here and so many people take it for granted. I moved away for a job to TX a few years back for a few years and missed it terribly. I came back as soon as I could. :) Good luck to everyone in their goals in life.
  • wayne4825
    Just want to say to all the new members WELCOME TO THE GROUP!!!. Haven't posted on here a lot lately but I am trying to get back to it. If anyone is ever in the Hot Springs area get in contact with us if you'd like to go hiking or biking. We are always looking for new friends with the same interest as us.
  • meljones
    meljones Posts: 36 Member
    Hi all! Would love to connect with a few other Arkansans!

My husband and I just moved up to NWA in December from Hot Springs. We both love the outdoors (and can tolerate the humidity!). We are both busy during the week, him with work and me with working on my PhD in Counseling, but on the weekends we love to explore the state. I have recently got him hooked on canoeing... now if I can just teach him how to NOT flip the canoe we will be doing great! We also have a 6 year old daughter and two hyper but loveable Australian Shephards.

I hope to learn about some great hidden treasures around the state as we are looking at exploring more towards Eastern Arkansas.

Mel
  • wayne4825
    Hi all! Would love to connect with a few other Arkansans!

My husband and I just moved up to NWA in December from Hot Springs. We both love the outdoors (and can tolerate the humidity!). We are both busy during the week, him with work and me with working on my PhD in Counseling, but on the weekends we love to explore the state. I have recently got him hooked on canoeing... now if I can just teach him how to NOT flip the canoe we will be doing great! We also have a 6 year old daughter and two hyper but loveable Australian Shephards.

I hope to learn about some great hidden treasures around the state as we are looking at exploring more towards Eastern Arkansas.

Mel

First off, WELCOME TO THE GROUP!!!!

Second, I've traveled to NWA a couple times and LOVE the views. I want to come explore Devils Den and Mount Magazine. I hear they have hang gliding there. My fiance and I live in Hot Springs and we try to hit a lot of the trails whenever we get time. We've been on quite a few of them and recently took up mountain biking. We love it just haven't had enough free time lately plus I gotta get a new bike rack.