What are you reading currently?

MrsSpratt
MrsSpratt Posts: 200 Member
Whatcha reading? How do you like it? Would you recommend it?

I am currently reading Enigma by Robert Harris, The Paris Wife by Paula McLain, The Strangers on Montagu Street by Karen White and Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak.

That's a little insane for me! I started Dr. Z, but am plodding through very slowly and needed something a little lighter and quicker so I started Enigma. I went to bed that night and forgot both books down on the first floor (bedroom's on the third), so I started The Paris Wife, which was already in the bedroom. Then The Strangers on Montagu Street came in the mail and I couldn't wait so I started that. Haha. This makes me sound nuts. :-)

Your turn.

Replies

• saraannefrazer
    saraannefrazer Posts: 66 Member
    i have just frinished i am the voice left from drinking and im the voice left fromk rehad both by james freued. If you like true stories its deffinately worth a read i coiuldnt put either down it goes through his life as an alchaholic in a band.

Now im on to report frokm engine co . 82 by dennis smith.

Its a sequel to an account of his time working at the buisiest fire station in usa ( the south bronx) up to about chapter 3 really enjoying it so far.
  • Sgriffin2382
    Sgriffin2382 Posts: 360 Member
    I am currently reading the newest book in the Blue Bloods series, Lost In Time.
  • nina4w
    nina4w Posts: 126 Member
    Gil's All Fright Diner by A. Lee Martinez
    and
    Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

:D

And I'm also reading Sci Fi fiction magazines, too.
  • I just finished A Storm of Swords last night and started in on A Feast for Crows (books 3 and 4 in the Game of Thrones series). It took me a really long time to get into and finish book 1 but I was determined to read this series lol Book 3 was the best book in the series so far I think, but overall I would recommend reading them.
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    I just finished The Fire Eternal (book 4 in Chris D'Lacey's Dragon series) last night and am now in the process of figuring out which book to read next. Water for Elephants, The Book Thief, or The Witch's Boy. I'll read them all eventually, but don't like reading more than one book at a time.
  • I just finished The Fire Eternal (book 4 in Chris D'Lacey's Dragon series) last night and am now in the process of figuring out which book to read next. Water for Elephants, The Book Thief, or The Witch's Boy. I'll read them all eventually, but don't like reading more than one book at a time.

Water for Elephants was a great book and movie! One of the few that I actually liked the movie as well as the book :smile:
  • Sgriffin2382
    Sgriffin2382 Posts: 360 Member
    I just finished The Fire Eternal (book 4 in Chris D'Lacey's Dragon series) last night and am now in the process of figuring out which book to read next. Water for Elephants, The Book Thief, or The Witch's Boy. I'll read them all eventually, but don't like reading more than one book at a time.

Water for Elephants was a great book and movie! One of the few that I actually liked the movie as well as the book :smile:

I have that on my bookshelf waiting to be read and in my DVD player waiting to be watched :-)
  • MrsSpratt
    I just finished A Storm of Swords last night and started in on A Feast for Crows (books 3 and 4 in the Game of Thrones series). It took me a really long time to get into and finish book 1 but I was determined to read this series lol Book 3 was the best book in the series so far I think, but overall I would recommend reading them.
    I loved the first and second books, but by the third I couldn't handle it anymore. Does Martin really have to kill off all the good characters?
  • rblair_22
    rblair_22 Posts: 202 Member
    I just finished reading The Fallen 1, by Thomas Sniegoski. I haven't started a new book yet though.
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    I just finished A Storm of Swords last night and started in on A Feast for Crows (books 3 and 4 in the Game of Thrones series). It took me a really long time to get into and finish book 1 but I was determined to read this series lol Book 3 was the best book in the series so far I think, but overall I would recommend reading them.
    I loved the first and second books, but by the third I couldn't handle it anymore. Does Martin really have to kill off all the good characters?

I just started a Feast for Crows as well. Love it so far, but I also like the fact that he kills off the least expected. I prefer plots that are unpredictable, keeps me on my toes.
  • I just finished A Storm of Swords last night and started in on A Feast for Crows (books 3 and 4 in the Game of Thrones series). It took me a really long time to get into and finish book 1 but I was determined to read this series lol Book 3 was the best book in the series so far I think, but overall I would recommend reading them.

LOL!!! That exact thought went through my head but later on I had to agree with what sarah_ep said about it being nice that it's unpredictable. If you can get over the "good" characters being killed off I would really recommend the 3rd book.... it was my favorite in the series thus far!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    The Iron Knight,by Julie Kaggawa
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Rereading A game of thrones, so I can move on to the next in the series. Also trying to finish 'catching fire' in the hungar games series.
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    I'm currently re-reading "Turn Coat" by Jim Butcher...part of the Dresden Files series.

Also, reading stuff for school on my Pearson online books. Boooooooo! Those aren't as fun, haha.

I'm also reading off-and-on a book about Diversity in Education...it's one of the few textbooks I can actually sit down and read, because it isn't boring. :wink:
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,020 Member
    Seven Theories of Religion by Daniel L. Pals. Quite interesting, I must say.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member

I am a softie for animals. Water for Elephants was hard for me. I finished the book, but avoided the movie because the book had been upsetting. Well written, but the man who harmed the animals.....ugh. Tough.
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    I am currently reading Deadly Kiss by Keri Arthur and The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells. I just finished First Drop of Crimsom by Jeaniene Frost. It seems I usually have 2 on the go now, one on the eReader and one in a real book. I have to travel again for work soon so I am looking for new books to load on my eReader to take with me.
  • josieup
    josieup Posts: 31 Member
    I'm currently reading Mad Merlin by J. Robert King. About 1/3 in so far and really enjoying it - it's dense at times, but the author definitely has a sense of humour, which I appreciate.

I also keep audiobooks in my car for driving entertainment, and am just finishing off Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix there. Normally I would zip right on to the next HP book, but I'm considering skipping over to The Hunger Games now that the movie trailer is out! (I lent out my hard copy of the first book, so this is my only chance to "re-read" before the movie, haha.)
  • MrsSpratt
    Wait, The Hunger Games trailer is out?!
  • josieup
    josieup Posts: 31 Member
    Wait, The Hunger Games trailer is out?!

Yes, it sure is! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-5ANq4sAL0