STARS 9 WEEK CHALLENGE (CLOSE GROUP) FINAL WEEK

Hello Ladies!

THIS IS IT, We are in the our final week of the STARS challenge and I want to say that you all ROCK!!! One of our lucky ladies will get a E-CARD FROM MACYS.COM. The Challenge Biggest loser is the person who has lost the most cumulative weight over the whole challenge. Your starting weight, minus your final weigh-in. I will inbox the challenge winner directly and you will need to provide your personal email address to receive the MACY'S E-CARD.

Since this is the final week of our challenge I am asking everyone to participate in the Question of the Day (QOTD) on the thread below. NEW DATES HAVE BEEN POSTED ON THE UPDATED TEAM LIST (see below). This is a very important part of encouraging each other and also getting know other players. Please be sure to check here daily, including on weekends to answer the QOTD!

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR EACH PERSON TO DO THE FINAL WEIGH-IN THIS SATURDAY. I WILL NOT BE TAKING INBOX WEIGH-INs THIS WEEK. YOU MUST USE THE TEAM WEIGH-IN FORM.

Weekly team results are below....
Individual Winner -
GAZER362 2.5 lbs for the YELLOW team

Team Winner - CONGRATULATIONS TO THE YELLOW TEAM FOR A TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS OF 6.4 LBS
2ND PLACE - BLUE TEAM W/ TOTAL LOSS OF 3.0 LBS
3RD PLACE - PINK TEAM W/ TOTAL LOSS 1.2 LBS

This week as a group we lost a total of 10.6 lbs. We have a 7 week total weight loss of 172.6 lbs. AWESOME JOB LADIES

This week's BIGGEST LOSERS
prizmaa9
sboo
ChatSournois
DarleneMedeiros
Shydaisi
Getitamb
jnell82
Luvmybee
Clifford2010

All winners deserve a huge shout out and virtual applauses. All individuals & team winners can add the winner trophy link on the profile page to their forum signature.

I will posting the final results on 11/21 and that's when the overall challenge winner will be announced.

6322364931_06e90c66aa_b.jpg
Team by starsnyc21, on Flickr

Replies

• shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Wow! Final week already?

Congratulations to GAZER362 and all the other losers for the week!
  • mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 231 Member
    congratulations Gazer362! And the yellow team!
  • sboo
    sboo Posts: 170 Member
    Congrats to Gazer362, and the Yellow Team!!!

QOTD: 11/14/11
    How do you feel now that you are losing those unwanted pounds? How is the weight loss changing your life?

Mini challenge: Stay under your calorie goal, and if you go over do a push-up for every calorie over.
  • Gazer362
    Gazer362 Posts: 35 Member
    Awesome, Thank you! Congrats to all the Biggest Losers!
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    How do you feel now that you are losing those unwanted pounds? How is the weight loss changing your life?

I am actually feeling wonderful! Not so much the weight loss, but the fitness milestones I am acheiving. The weight loss is a contributing factor, but... I can run for the first time in my life. I am meeting or beating goals - both fitness and weight loss related. I ran my first 5K in less than 40 minutes (my goal was 45:00:00 or less) in September! When stressed, I choose to exercise rather than eat for the first time in my life. I can dance for the first time ever and for an entire hour! I choose to move rather than sit on the couch (play soccer with my son, dance, take a walk/hike, etc.). I am much more confident now than I was before at weights equaling to or less than the weight at which I am now.
  • Tiffany517
    Tiffany517 Posts: 117 Member

haven't lost much but i do feel so much more confident when i see a lower number on the scale even if it's just a pound... Clothes start to fit a better and i now like to challenge myself on the treadmill... When i first started this journey i didn't like the treadmill at all and when i did it i walked at a steady pace now i get on and it's like warm up 2 mins and i'm going to jog for two o and then i get used to it and the last time i went i thought to myself lets see if i can do running at 6mph which is pretty good i'm short only 5' and i did it might not have been for long but i DID IT and thats what counts so when i go again i try for a longer time...

Life is changing for the better, I have more energy for the kids and we get outside alot more which they love!! and i'm starting too
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member

Mini challenge: Stay under your calorie goal, and if you go over do a push-up for every calorie over.

I'll let you know when I actually lose some lbs (haha). No seriously - I feel really good about how I look with clothes on - Naked is a different story and I still have to carefully buy "flattering" clothes but its such a huge improvement -- before no matter what I wore I looked fat. Now I can disguise most of the remaining fat with clothes!

Ok I got this mini challenge today! Starting my morning off right with black coffee!
  • sboo
    sboo Posts: 170 Member

I feel more energized. I like what I am seeing in the mirror lately. Sometimes, I feel like not doing anything, but I somehow manage to get up. I feel really good about what I have accomblished so far, and I look forward to next year. Because, I have lost a significant amount of weight, my ankles do not swell anymore. I am not out of breath when I go up the stairs, or after runnig after my toddlers. I feel like I am already healthier that I was a year ago.
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464

Well, I have been maintaining my weight loss since May (up or down a few pounds). It felt great getting to this point, and since I still want to lose some more, I find that I am a little frustrated and have not been as good at this as I was before hitting what I call my current set point...However, I do feel more confident, love shopping and trying things on, feel like I can move so much easier. I am not as inhibited about how my body looks naked, and that is a good thing for a not quite 2 year old marriage :) I really feel like I am living a different life.
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member

I have not lost a lot but I feel amazing. I can see my arms gaining more definition and my endurance is double what it was
    2 months ago.

This is a great challenge. I won't go over for love nor money!
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member

Unfortunately I have not loss anything recently. I'm not even going to make up any excuses, I've just been straight up slacking. Which is bad because I'm leading this challenge and I can't even lead by example. Please forgive me ladies. I was looking on the success forum today and I seen so many people who started on here January/ February of 2011 and they have managed to lose 50 or more lbs. It makes me sad because that should be me. My mind was made up that 2011 was going to be my year to lose this weight and I feel like I have failed. In the beginning I managed to lose 30 lbs than I injured myself and it went down hill from there. So after the challenge is over I'm going to do a lot of soul search to figure out my motivation for losing weight. I need to figure out why I quit so easily after all that hard work. You ladies keep inspiring me to be better. I promise myself and you that when this challenge starts again in Jan 2012, I will be 110% dedicated to leading by example.

Thanks again for listening to me vent. I guess I just need to get this off my chest. :wink:
  • nenabug
    nenabug Posts: 156

I feel like i'm in control. I haven't lost a lot of weight, but I'm losing inches and my body is changing. I'm finally calling the shots - not letting food or my emotions control what I put in my mouth. I have more energy because I'm eating better and in turn the inflammation in my knees is better.

• tameko2
    Valerie I don't think you should beat yourself up about this year, you had a REALLY tough year emotionally. Yes it would have been great to maintain but I don't think many people could have done it.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    I have not lost much lately. I lost 155 a few years back and then the long process of losing my job started along with peri-menopause, not that either of those is a reason to toss it all aside but I am a stress eater and the hormones must trigger my carb cravings so anyway I have put on 40 lbs and I just can't seem to get "underailed"!
    I hate pushup - there will be no overage!
  • QOTD: 11/14/11

Although I haven't seen the weight loss that I would have hoped to have these past couple weeks, overall I feel healthier. I feel like I look healthier, and regular exercise has made an immense improvement in the way I sleep at night. This, of courtse, is also accomanying my healthier eating habits. Now all I need is to find a way to manage my stress, and I will feel like I am on the right track again. These past couple weeks have brought me down a bit, but I am strong enough to get back on track and keep seeing the progress that I am determined to see. (:
  • jnell82
    jnell82 Posts: 136
    Congrats to all the losers last week! You are all amazing!!!

I feel great! I have not lost any where near where I hoped, but I am making progress and it feels wonderful! It has changed every aspect of my life. I am more confident, have more energy, and I am just all around happier than I have been in a long time. Thank you for doing this challenge and I can't wait until the next one in January!! Great job everyone!

Mini challenge - done no push ups for me (at least not for going over :) )
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member

I feel like I am a lot more confident with the things that I do. I also feel like I am better able to handle bad things that test my stregnth. I leave little room for excuses. It's making me a much happier person.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Congrats to all the winners!!!
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Valerie I don't think you should beat yourself up about this year, you had a REALLY tough year emotionally. Yes it would have been great to maintain but I don't think many people could have done it.

I agree and I for one would really like to say how much I appreciate you giving us the opportunity to do this challenge. For many of us it was a first and for most of us it won't be our last. I am sending you a big hug and a pat on the back. As someone who is going through an extremely difficult year myself, this challenge is the one thing that kept me focused and participating. I was not as successful as I had hoped but given my current circumstance I would have given up and another 9 weeks would have passed me by. I found great joy in communicating with the like-minded and supportive people I have met in this challenge. As a group we have lost a huge amount of weight. You my dear, are in part responsible for that. :flowerforyou:
  • tameko2
    shoot, sorry I was a bit slow guys!

QOTD 11-15

What was your goal at the start of this challenge and do you feel you've gotten there?