Runners

Any runners want to be friends?

Replies

• jagar07
    jagar07 Posts: 330 Member
    add me! I am just starting out with the running thing, so I could really use the encouragement of a fellow runner!
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Sounds good!
  • Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    You can add me! I just started about a month ago and fell in love!
  • I want to start running. My goal right now is to run a 5K. I need motivation and tips on how to do it. I get shin splints really bad and it has hindered me progressing at all. I was told I had to slow down-well, I wasn't going fast yet anyway. Any tips, motivational encouragement, friends, etc. would be greatly appreciated.
  • cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    You can add me!
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Runner here. I'm attempting to do long distance. Currently my max is 6 miles, but I intend on doing a half marathon in the summer.
  • m5johnson
    m5johnson Posts: 21 Member
    Would love to! Add me if you wish. I have been running since May. I can't get enough of it now!
  • You can add me if you like. I just recently started running. Just completed my first 5K on 10/29/11. Have another one this Sunday and I have signed up for a 10K on New Years Day. I have to start upping the miles!
  • I recommend shoes! I had the same problem, and found that I was running with the wrong shoes! Also, def slow down! You may not think you are going fast, but it may be to fast for you until you have more time out there. After I got new shoes, and slowed down... I never got them again! Good Luck
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    you may add me. I am running 8 miles this afternoon.....
  • Feel free to add me. I just ran the SA half and I'm training for a full in Feb.
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    I've been running (again... it's a love/hate relationship for me sometimes) since June-ish. Feel free to add me. I love the 5K distance but am working up to 1/2 marathon distance for next May! :)
  • The program that I really like is the Couch to 5k podcast that you can download for free from itunes. It will have you running a 5k in nine weeks. Give it a try. And remember to stretch before you start. That helps me with my shin splints, plus invest in good sneakers.
  • Hello,

I recently started running in June 2011. I ran my first 5K in Sept! I am working on running through the mi coach training program for a 1/2 Marathon in May!! Good Luck everyone!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    The program that I really like is the Couch to 5k podcast that you can download for free from itunes. It will have you running a 5k in nine weeks. Give it a try. And remember to stretch before you start. That helps me with my shin splints, plus invest in good sneakers.
    Not only is there an app for that... there is a group for that. :smile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    I am a reunner. You can add me
  • Photoology
    Photoology Posts: 121 Member
    I am a runner and soon will be training for my first half! Add me if you would like.
  • RisyaLifsheTova
    RisyaLifsheTova Posts: 305 Member
    Im a runner in training as well! Today I am actually training outside in the freezing cold to get ready for a 5k I want to do for new years eve! What better way to bring in the new year :)

PLEASE ADD ME! I could use all the motivation I can get!
  • Msvtone
    Msvtone Posts: 7 Member
    Hey.. I love running! I just did my first Half marathon :)

- What have u ran??