HOLIDAY HUNGERRRR!!!

Do you guys/gals have any eating tips for the upcoming holidays??? This is the first time I had to come to Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner and actually watch what I eat...ughhhhh..."pass the turkey please" but seriously what are some good ways to avoid packing on extra lbs but still being able to enjoy dinner.

Replies

• Cylia
    Cylia Posts: 30 Member
    One suggestion is go to someone else's house for the holidays, so you don't have all the leftovers in your frig.

If they do try to give you leftovers, only take enough for another meal not a couple.
  • thamre
    thamre Posts: 629 Member
    I am very tempted to stay home and hide! :laugh: I have a hard time pass up all the goodies that are on the table. Even if I have a Tbsp of everything I like, I am sure going to bust the bank on calories :cry:
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    Eat freely for one day, and keep it to one day.
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member

How can you do this if you have multiple places to go to? Which one do you choose? The one that has the BEST desserts...lol. But seriously we have more then one get together and THAT is the scarey part! I plan on eating smaller portions and drinking lots of water and try to get in an extra workout. I will try as much as I can to put what I eat in my diary but who knows if it will be accurate since I will not be the one preparing the meals. Good luck to everyone as they struggle to get thru!
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    This was my plan! I am working out extra hard this month and being extremely careful with what I eat so come Thanksgiving I can just enjoy! I will probably make sure to get in a good run that morning before any celebrating happens for some extra room with calorie intake!
  • I have been following Skinny Crock Pot and they have all kinds of good recipts for the Holidays. I am planning on making them and take of myself first this Holiday.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    You could also make some traditional dishes with modifications so they're healthier. That way, you can indulge and enjoy the holiday without going too overboard :D
  • kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Human beings aren't really meant to go on diets, we're meant to enjoy the parties and the holidays every once in a while. Chances are that the reason why you're overweight in the first place is because you've eaten freely not just on the holidays, but every day of your life. Eat what you'd like, enjoy yourself on Thanksgiving and Christmas (not the days before and after, mind you :wink: ) and then adjust your exercise and your caloric consumption for the rest of the week. I'm not sure what your caloric intake is on a normal scale, but you're probably not going to go over your maintenance levels for those two days and even if you do, you're probably not going to go over that by much seeing as your stomach has probably already shrunk quite a bit.
  • Be aware of your serving sizes, eat lots of veggies, and prioritize with your favorite foods. If you don't like mashed potatoes that much skip them. Don't go hungry, and plan on going for a walk or hitting the gym that day.

Thats my game plan. I'll let you know how it goes when I get back on the scale. :wink: