30 Day Shred - Start 11/17/11

My husband's surprise 30th birthday party is in 30 days -- I plan to present his gift to him while wearing something fairly inappropriate (AFTER the party of course) and I want to look GREAT doing it. So...

I started Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred today. (Yes it's cutting it close)

I need other people to help keep me accountable to actually DO it everyday. I have a fairly busy life but I HAVE to make time for this.

Add me (with a message) if you want to do this "with" me!

Replies

• Karen19_91
    Karen19_91 Posts: 19 Member
    My husband's surprise 30th birthday party is in 30 days -- I plan to present his gift to him while wearing something fairly inappropriate (AFTER the party of course) and I want to look GREAT doing it. So...

I need other people to help keep me accountable to actually DO it everyday. I have a fairly busy life but I HAVE to make time for this.

I have never heard of this. how many lbs in thirty days?. it sounds very worth it!
  • Good Luck!
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    I started last Monday and am on level 2 now. I made a group for us doing the shred in Nov and Dec. Message/add me if you want to join. Good luck!
  • Good luck :) Stick with it and you should see results!! I did it for 7 days straight last month and had to stop due to some personal stuff, but started it back up three days ago [today is my third day], and I am on level two this time around and LOVE it. :-) Feel free to add me if you want, the more friends/support the better=] Good luck :)
  • mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 231 Member
    aww come on! I have been looking for excuses to hold off on this! I bought the dvd like 3 weeks ago... maybe 6 weeks ago. And I've been staring at it.... Last night it made it in the DVD but i couldn't find the remote... so I left it in the dvd... FINE! I'm pressing play today! I'm in! giggle .... maybe... just kidding.. I'm in.
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member

I have never heard of this. how many lbs in thirty days?. it sounds very worth it!

Love 30 DS... This program is more about losing inches than lbs when you look at all the success stories. It can be tough but so worth it. I was doing it everyday for the 1st 20 days then had to stop for a week and went back to at least 3 times a week. I have lost between 2-2.5 inches all over. Good Luck
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Oh and level 1 is ok--level 2 is harder but was my favorite--level 3 she just flat out kicks your butt (in a good way) :laugh:
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    I'm in! I just go mine and was going to start Monday but I was sitting here thinking, why wait till Monday??
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Yay! Another shredder! Im on day four. :)
  • Hi! Ive been considering giving this one a try. I need workouts I can do inside when its too dark out to go running. Question is, though, about how many calories does it burn? Im 149 5'6". No exact numbers, just a rough estimate, and how long is it? If its.a.good burn im totally in! Ill get the dvd tomorrow night!
  • I started that 6 days ago!! I feel different so far :) good luck!!
  • melzimmermann
    melzimmermann Posts: 6 Member

Hey! I'm not sure exactly what they say for pounds lost -- I'm at my goal weight right now but I'm doing the Shred to tone up and get rid of the flab that's left over! I'm sure you could google Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and find out but I haven't heard negative results!
  • melzimmermann
    Hi! Ive been considering giving this one a try. I need workouts I can do inside when its too dark out to go running. Question is, though, about how many calories does it burn? Im 149 5'6". No exact numbers, just a rough estimate, and how long is it? If its.a.good burn im totally in! Ill get the dvd tomorrow night!

I'm actually not sure how many calories it burns -- I've seen other posts regarding that on MFP so I'm sure you could search it but from what I see, people either enter it as interval training or they wear a HRM to track it themselves! :)
  • melzimmermann
    So I am a TOTAL super turbo nerd and I made a motivation calendar for the 30 Day Shred. I added little squares to physically put in stickers when I finish a day. I know, I know... I claimed nerd status already.

Anyways, I thought I'd share it so if you want to grab the pdf file it's here: http://melissazimmermann.com/30DSCal.pdf
    or if you have Word, you can download the file and change the dates if you need to (mine starts on Nov. 17): http://melissazimmermann.com/30DSCal.docx