I need some sweet suggestions!

ahertel0214
ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
edited November 2023 in Food and Nutrition
At work right now & having a serious craving for something sweet!

There is a vending machine down the hall that is calling my name... please give me some other suggestions!

I'm drinking a cup of Chai Spice Tea right now - trying to stall while I think of something better than the chocolate & cookies from the vending machine.

I can run to the store if need be - I just need some ideas!

Replies

• ahertel0214
    At work right now & having a serious craving for something sweet!

There is a vending machine down the hall that is calling my name... please give me some other suggestions!

I'm drinking a cup of Chai Spice Tea right now - trying to stall while I think of something better than the chocolate & cookies from the vending machine.

I can run to the store if need be - I just need some ideas!
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    How about applesauce with cinnamon? I had baked apples yesterday with a tough of light whipped cream - very satisfying.

I also tried the caramel rice crisps and they were pretty tasty.

Oh yeah, a cup of fat free chocolate milk works well for me too!

Sorry so late, I didn't know this was an urgent need or I would have written sooner!
  • julieofthewolves
    Oh, I meant fat free hot chocolate, not chocolate milk.
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    I just finished a cup of no sugar added hot cocoa with 1/3 cup of miniature marshmallos for 100 calories... it was yummy and the melted marshmallws were satisfying!

There are always the sugar free pudding cups, the 100 calorie packs of any type of sweet thing you could imagine...

Good luck finding something that will fulfill your sweet craving! Let us know what you decided on! :)
    +++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!!

Niccole
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    My secret weapon against the sugar craving is the medjool date. They are not low sugar treats, but they are high fibre and naturally very, very sweet. (think fruit sugar that tastes as sweet as refined sugar)

I like to take two, slice them in half and dust them with cinnamon...tastes like cinnamon gummy bears from my childhood. Depending on who you ask, one date is 23 to 60 calories.
  • snorth
    snorth Posts: 11
    I read somewhere recently that those breath strips will help fight off the cravings...triggers something in the brain...
  • ahertel0214
    Thanks for your suggestions!

I actually got out my wallet and walked all the way to the vending machine... then I turned around & walked all the way back.

I have to say that was probably the first time I beat the craving - so that is worth celebrating! ;)

I have less than two hours to go... and it's raining outside so I think I'll eat my apple and yogurt and stay here at my desk.

Thanks again for your suggestions - I will keep these in mind for the next grocery store trip - then I can keep a few of these at my desk!

Have a wonderful afternoon/evening!
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Sugar Free jello pudding is also good!!!!
  • y300210
    y300210 Posts: 11
    Hi there
    I do something that I learned at Herbal Magic ( when I could afford to go there) I cut up an apple in little small tiny pieces and sprinkle with cinnamon - then I eat them with a toothpick - makes it take a long time and the munching of all the little pieces and the sweetness of the cinnamon makes it seems like a little treat!
  • cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    I don't know if you have a freezer at work that you have access to, but I have a box of Fla-Vor-Ice Sugar Free Freezer Pops in the freezer at work for when I get those cravings. They are the kind you buy and freeze yourself. At only 3 calories per pop, it is a great way for me to get over my sweet tooth. I listed the nutrition info in the food section if you need it!
    Good luck!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    I am so proud of you Adrianne!!!

Keep it up and you'll be able to pass by all vending machines w/o doing a double take =)
  • filergirl
    filergirl Posts: 240
    When I'm having a serious sweet craving, I usually eat one piece of dark chocolate (the really high-quality kind, without any added sugar). If I find that having a whole bar around is too much temptation, I buy one of those tiny little Cadbury Thins, which only has 100 calories.

Pineapple (no sugar added) is another good option.

Or a sesame snap.

Or a cup of muesli-type cereal with skim milk.
  • The Weight Watchers Chocolate Cakes are really good. They're about 3 bites and only 80 calories. Enough to satisfy the craving though.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Those are good BabyGrlRae!!!

I've been eating the caramel cakes and they're not bad at all.
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    They aren't the sweetest but a handful of almonds usually does the trick for me...
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    chocolate pudding will satisfy a sweet tooth, its only 140 calories. of course some theories are if you want something like that indulge yourself once in a while. or another suggestion is a weight watcher desert. they will run 200-261 calories where the real mccoy is usally double that. or have what is on your mind and work out twice as hard tomorrow.
  • ahertel0214
    Thanks for your input everyone - those are some great ideas!

I managed to make it through my work day with out giving in to my craving - get to the gym and kick butt in spin class.

Now I'm home & I'm going to really ENJOY dinner!

Hope you all had a fantastic day!
  • sassycass
    sassycass Posts: 18 Member
    I did the same yesterday! I went up to the vending machine-where snickers were screaming my name! LOL I stood there for a long time. I ended up having 10 m & m's and giving the rest of the package to our office clerk.
  • julieofthewolves
    I'm so happy for both of you for beating your craving. I don't consider a couple of M&M's a major detour and its great that you gave the bag away.
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Nice Work! way to resist tempation!
This discussion has been closed.