Halloween Challenge: Cardio 30 Min/Day until 10/31

snorth
snorth Posts: 11
edited November 2023 in Challenges
Anyone want to join?

We can start the topic daily (with the same header) and we can log in our info from the day before...
Surely 30 min per day for 2.5 weeks will get some of us jumpstarted!!
I sure need it!!
I know that having a challenge and needing to report in everyday will give us some accountability and motivation to move!!

Replies

• snorth
    Anyone want to join?

We can start the topic daily (with the same header) and we can log in our info from the day before...
    Surely 30 min per day for 2.5 weeks will get some of us jumpstarted!!
    I sure need it!!
    I know that having a challenge and needing to report in everyday will give us some accountability and motivation to move!!
  • ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    Sure, I'm in.

I think tonight I'm going to try the Spin class my gym offers - I'll report back tomorrow.

Good Luck!
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    I'm up for a challenge. I've been doing my cardio (stationary recumbent bike) in the evenings while watching the Rockies! It's looking like I'll have at least a few more weeks of riding and baseball to get the cardio in! :)

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!!
    Niccole

GO ROCKIES!!!
  • snorth
    Thanks for joining up!

I've been doing better (but not great) about getting a walk or something in during the evening...

Was reading some Dr. Oz and he recommends walking (or doing something) for 30 minutes everyday...

I've got to get on the ball - been going in the wrong direction!
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Ok, I'm in... I'm new to the site. Today's my first day. I know I can do 30 minutes of Cardio a day.
  • I would LOVE To join!! I am new today to this, but I did get my walk/run in today for 41 min. outside today.

Are we to post everyday? 30 minutes 5 or 7 days a week?
  • cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    I'm in!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Does cooking count for this b/c I was in my kitchen for 2 hours today!!

Anywho.. I'm in!!
  • Okay, Sounds good to me. Count me in!

mandakay
  • ahurta let me know what you think of spinning. I do it about 3 times a week, and love it! It's the best cardio I have ever done! It's so addicting too. Keep me up dated.

mandakay
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Ok, I did my 30 mins today. I came home from work and did 2 workouts ON DEMAND... one was a15 min taebo workout. That man is crazy! I'll feel that one tomorrow.

A co-worker and I have pledged to start walking again tomorrow, rain or shine!
  • I'm new as well!
    This will be a challenge for me, I've been training for a half marathon for the past three months and it's coming up this weekend. I'm so burnt out from running and training that I'm afraid I'm just going to stop all together once it's over! This will be a good goal to set for the weeks ahead. Especially since Halloween is my favorite and candy is EVERYWHERE. Good luck everyone! :)
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    i'm in. today was a rest day and tomorrow besides my five circuits for weights i am going to do an hour on the treadmill. who's up for that challenge?
  • ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    Healthier Me - I'm a bit jealous.

I WISH I had time to spend two hours cooking - I LOVE being in the kitchen!

Hope you made something good & enjoyed eating it!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Im in, I know I can pop out 30 minutes no problem.
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    I'm in too. Did 45 minutes walk with the dog today, plus 30 minutes of dancing around with my MP3 on. We can do it!
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Oh, I just read it again, and realized that we are supposed to put in what we did the day before.... so what I just wrote about is good for tomorrow. Lol
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Adrianne,

Cooking/Baking is my therapy.. that's my time.

I made Genovese Artichokes, Chili & made the PB&J muffins.
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    I'm not good at commitment, but I will do my best. So, far I met yesterday and today.

I also love to be in the kitchen for my therapy. My friends can always tell when I am stressed because I bring them bread, soup, etc. Lately, I have been preparing a lot of unbaked apple pies that I put in the freezer and will hopefully be able to ever-so-slightly indulge in sometime in a couple of months after I drop 13 more pounds. But in order to not put it all back one I plan on giving lsto of the frozen pies away as gifts!
  • I am new today, so I am 24 hrs behind it seems, but I'd like to join the challange! I usually talk, talk and talk about losing weight and being consistent with exercising...I am trying to actually do it this time...i'll write tomorrow with the progress.
This discussion has been closed.